PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Assassins Guild??

BoolCowbra
11-16-2012, 03:11 AM
One of the biggest disadvantages of Assassin's Creed III is the new, unimproved assassins guild. Why did they remove all the neat features found in Revelations and Brotherhood? Our recruits in AC3 don't wear assassin outfits of any kind, there's almost no interaction with them apart from the conversations, and there's absolutely no customization either! I miss the ability to scan through my assassins, upgrade them, change their robe colors, and just look plain awesome with them. The assassin ability wheel is the one good thing that they added. I hope to see a combination of the wheel with the nice specs from the previous games in future titles. Maybe even the ability to create assassins? But that's another topic. :p

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 03:20 AM
Create Assassins ? Wha- ?

Also, No. I disagree with you. It`s so much better that way. They all look so different. and no interaction ? Have you been sleeping under a rock while playing ?? Connor had more interaction with the 6 than Ezio had with his 28 Combined.

The Assassins In AC II did not wear Hoods. It emphasized that the Assassins Are Integrated into Society (Which is so much more realistic than the gang wars with Uniforms depicted in ACB and ACR)

I`d rather have 6 detailed Assassins with Backgrounds than 15 who have no Personality what so ever... (Yeah.. I can ditch Customization, The only one that should be needed is Customization for the Protagonist) Who the hell lets another man tell them what to wear anyways ?? Even If he`s a Mentor

tgow2010
11-16-2012, 03:22 AM
I miss the Assassin's from Brotherhood/Revelations and sending them out all across Europe, and seeing them dressed as Assassin's/hanging around the guild......BUT, I absolutely love the specific abilities of the new ones, especially the option where they 'arrest' you, thought that was a really cool trick.

dchil279
11-16-2012, 03:27 AM
It would have been nice for those 6 to serve as sort of Lieutenants and be able to recruit beginners ACB/ACR style. That would be the best of both worlds.

Jexx21
11-16-2012, 06:17 AM
It would have been nice for those 6 to serve as sort of Lieutenants and be able to recruit beginners ACB/ACR style. That would be the best of both worlds.

I think it's possible that if Connor gets a second game that this will happen..

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 06:28 AM
Create Assassins ? Wha- ?

Also, No. I disagree with you. It`s so much better that way. They all look so different. and no interaction ? Have you been sleeping under a rock while playing ?? Connor had more interaction with the 6 than Ezio had with his 28 Combined.

The Assassins In AC II did not wear Hoods. It emphasized that the Assassins Are Integrated into Society (Which is so much more realistic than the gang wars with Uniforms depicted in ACB and ACR)

I`d rather have 6 detailed Assassins with Backgrounds than 15 who have no Personality what so ever... (Yeah.. I can ditch Customization, The only one that should be needed is Customization for the Protagonist) Who the hell lets another man tell them what to wear anyways ?? Even If he`s a Mentor
I second this

zhengyingli
11-16-2012, 07:01 AM
I think the protagonist will always have the traditional hood for the sake of the AC icon, sticking out like a sore thumb or not. As for customization, I'm happy with just attack and defense stats, which ACIII automatically updates for me already. Multiple abilities are a plus. Only complaint: not nearly enough missions designed for them as I hoped.

I do wonder: did anyone complain about ACII's assassins' lack of white hoods? I think I was disgusted, but thanks to that experience, I'm not even annoyed at ACIII as a result.

ProdiGurl
11-16-2012, 11:05 AM

Nice idea.

I think the protagonist will always have the traditional hood for the sake of the AC icon, sticking out like a sore thumb or not. As for customization, I'm happy with just attack and defense stats, which ACIII automatically updates for me already. Multiple abilities are a plus. Only complaint: not nearly enough missions designed for them as I hoped.

I do wonder: did anyone complain about ACII's assassins' lack of white hoods? I think I was disgusted, but thanks to that experience, I'm not even annoyed at ACIII as a result.

In ACR last year they got complaints about the Assassins in hoods & how conspicuous it looks. I'm assuming Devs took that into consideration and made them less obvious in public? It may have especially looked odd in Early colonial America? No doubt they'd get criticism for that aspect if left in.

As to the topic, I'm just now getting to the Liberation of areas in Boston & just did a mission with a chef. (really hard to synch that one).
I hope they go back to the Assassin Dens from ACR - they got it right on that. Let us do upgrading on our dens... I wouldn't even mind den defense if it was done completely different than ACR was.

I love recruiting in AC - but if it isn't as prominent in AC3, I'm at least thankful for the Homestead missions & crafting stuff we can do to take its place.

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Nice idea.

In ACR last year they got complaints about the Assassins in hoods & how conspicuous it looks. I'm assuming Devs took that into consideration and made them less obvious in public? It may have especially looked odd in Early colonial America? No doubt they'd get criticism for that aspect if left in.

As to the topic, I'm just now getting to the Liberation of areas in Boston & just did a mission with a chef. (really hard to synch that one).
I hope they go back to the Assassin Dens from ACR - they got it right on that. Let us do upgrading on our dens... I wouldn't even mind den defense if it was done completely different than ACR was.

I love recruiting in AC - but if it isn't as prominent in AC3, I'm at least thankful for the Homestead missions & crafting stuff we can do to take its place.
I love recruiting too, though it will probably make a comeback in the next game with connor rebuilding the order with the other 7, robert faulkner counts too you know

zhengyingli
11-16-2012, 11:20 AM

Alright, I'll confess. The hood looks very cool, but also very stupid. The hood is so iconic to the brand that I don't think we'll ever see its depart from the main protagonist. Altair somewhat fits, disregarding all the weapons he carries of course. Desmond's hood only fits in questionable locations in the US. Aveline has no hood but three outfits; she may as well be the most elusive of the assassins. Ezio and Connor, well.......they are fashionistas, I'm afraid. At least Ezio in Revelations looked like a tired traveller. So my boy Connor gets the least praise in this regard....interesting.

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 11:24 AM
alright, i'll confess. The hood looks very cool, but also very stupid. The hood is so iconic to the brand that i don't think we'll ever see its depart from the main protagonist. Altair somewhat fits, disregarding all the weapons he carries of course. Desmond's hood only fits in questionable locations in the us. Aveline has no hood but three outfits; she may as well be the most elusive of the assassins. ezio and connor, well.......they are fashionistas, i'm afraid. At least ezio in revelations looked like a tired traveller. So my boy connor gets the least praise in this regard....interesting.
hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahaha

ProdiGurl
11-16-2012, 12:35 PM
I love recruiting too, though it will probably make a comeback in the next game with connor rebuilding the order with the other 7, robert faulkner counts too you know

You do? I've been enjoying reading your posts around here recently and wouldn't have guessed that. Ya recruiting is a highlight for me in AC. ACB & ACR were so fun where that was concerned.
I truly hope you're right about them beefing up the Assassin Recruit system. That whole Den concept is full of great potential. I swear I think I could just buy a small side-game of AC recruiting with assassin missions alone & love it.
If they made a huge DLC of it I'd actually buy that (& I've never done DLC).

Alright, I'll confess. The hood looks very cool, but also very stupid. The hood is so iconic to the brand that I don't think we'll ever see its depart from the main protagonist. Altair somewhat fits, disregarding all the weapons he carries of course. Desmond's hood only fits in questionable locations in the US. Aveline has no hood but three outfits; she may as well be the most elusive of the assassins. Ezio and Connor, well.......they are fashionistas, I'm afraid. At least Ezio in Revelations looked like a tired traveller. So my boy Connor gets the least praise in this regard....interesting.

lol ya. I think they got it right w/ Connor as he gets to the Homestead, his hoody comes down. That's maybe how it should probly be all thru the game... up & down hood depending on how important a mission is or isn't. Just chatting w/ an informant? Hood down. But who am I kidding, it'll get complaints any way they do it. :p

And speaking of fashionistas..... these assassins have bigger & better wardrobe collections than a filthy rich diva!!! They need Assassin dens just to house their huge walk-in closets & retired gear.
No amount of costumes is ever enough for this AC fan base lol I was happy with a few dye jobs.

zhengyingli
11-16-2012, 12:45 PM
No amount of costumes is ever enough for this AC fan base lol I was happy with a few dye jobs.

I'd be happy if we actually get the costumes we already wore in the story, because all of those outfits are awesome. The pre-order ones are fine and dandy, but I've no attachment to 'em because Connor never wore them in the story mode. Is it so hard to include them, or is Ubisoft just being jerky?

Jexx21
11-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Connor's outfit is actually common to the time period (the outfit also used hoods).

It was used majorly by half-native hunters that hunted for meat and then sold it. To look respectable (out of the native clothes, if they originally wore them), it mimicked an officer's uniform.

..so yea.. Connor's clothes aren't actually out of place, they just didn't have other NPCs wearing it because it's weird to see other characters with your kind of clothes on.

zhengyingli
11-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Connor's outfit is actually common to the time period (the outfit also used hoods).

It was used majorly by half-native hunters that hunted for meat and then sold it. To look respectable (out of the native clothes, if they originally wore them), it mimicked an officer's uniform.

..so yea.. Connor's clothes aren't actually out of place, they just didn't have other NPCs wearing it because it's weird to see other characters with your kind of clothes on.
Shows what I knew.

Jexx21
11-16-2012, 01:11 PM
There was a whole thread about it on here long ago.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/717035-Connor-s-Outfit-is-Authentic-to-the-Period-Forums