PDA

View Full Version : Ratonhnhaké:ton nominated for Character of the Year in Spike's VGAs! VOTE!!!

RatonhnhakeFan
11-15-2012, 10:03 PM
http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-voting/voting/character-of-the-year

Vote for him on December 7! <3 :D

Also, AC3 nominated for Game of the Year, Best 360 Game, Best PS3 Game, Best Action Adventure Game and Best Graphics (but these categories are not voted by players, you can only vote for your pick but the VGA panel will decide the winners themselves anyway)

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 10:04 PM
I`m voting for anything AC III in any Category :nonchalance:

im3jia
11-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Who is running against him?

RatonhnhakeFan
11-15-2012, 10:08 PM

Raul Menendez from BLOPS2 (lol), Master Chief (Halo 4), Commander Shepard (Mass Effect 3) and Clap Trap from Borderlands 2

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 10:10 PM
There`s a link in the OP..

http://gyazo.com/35db58fdddd66f199222f14ab55a2228
http://gyazo.com/5d870b2d43e6c56c005b6d02b5cf76fe

RatonhnhakeFan
11-15-2012, 10:11 PM
My boy's gotta win! <333

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 10:13 PM
My boy's gotta win! <333
I do not think some of the guys here agree..

(Though, I find some of their reasons to not like Connor quite pathetic)

im3jia
11-15-2012, 10:13 PM
I asked because I'm in school and Spike is blocked. I haven't played those other games, so I'll vote for Connor (when I get home).

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 10:14 PM
I asked because I'm in school and Spike is blocked. I haven't played those other games, so I'll vote for Connor (when I get home).
Sorry xD

RatonhnhakeFan
11-15-2012, 10:15 PM
I do not think some of the guys here agree..

(Though, I find some of their reasons to not like Connor quite pathetic)Too bad, I love him :) (even if he's straight :p) But yeah, some reasons are hilarious.

scooper121s
11-15-2012, 10:16 PM
He's gunna win, no dought about it

andreja110s
11-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Gonna vote for Connor for sure! :D

LoyalACFan
11-15-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm definitely going to vote for him!!!

Because I have a feeling RatonFan will murder me in my sleep if I don't :p

andreja110s
11-15-2012, 11:12 PM

XD

WarriorAegis
11-15-2012, 11:39 PM
What? It won't let me vote! When I went to the page, it said "Viewer Voted." I didn't get a chance to vote for Connor!

BBALive
11-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Raul Menendez from BLOPS2 (lol), Master Chief (Halo 4), Commander Shepard (Mass Effect 3) and Clap Trap from Borderlands 2

Ahaha, oh wow. That list is atrocious.

InfectedNation
11-15-2012, 11:45 PM
CoD protagonist as game character of the year? ***** please....

EDIT: I don't see why bothering with all the nominations for Best Graphics .... Halo 4 will clearly win.

BBALive
11-15-2012, 11:50 PM
EDIT: I don't see why bothering with all the nominations for Best Graphics .... Halo 4 will clearly win.

Which is ridiculous, since it's a console exclusive.

ACfan443
11-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Everyone vote your arses off in all the categories it's been nominated in! I've been doing so the past couple of hours :D

GariStz
11-15-2012, 11:55 PM
These nominations are a joke! A CoD character? Really? Where's Max Payne???!

I don't see why bothering with all the nominations for Best Graphics .... Halo 4 will clearly win.

Wait for the PC version of ACIII. Oh, and FarCry 3.

kuled2012
11-15-2012, 11:57 PM
What an awful list, Connor should win.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-15-2012, 11:59 PM
Wise choice! :o

CoD protagonist as game character of the year? ***** please....Better yet, Frank Woods from BLOPS1 won Character of the Year in 2010 lololol

sticks165
11-16-2012, 12:10 AM
i have a feeling clap trap will win, but im still voting for connor.

kushan101
11-16-2012, 12:40 AM

Jesus. Just.... wow. I can't even begin to describe how bloody awful that running is. Master Chief? Really? and Commander Shepard, the guy/gal who changes depending on what the PLAYER chooses? That isn't a character. Clap Trap? I just.... I don't even..... Nope, words cant express it. Anything Call of Duty in the *character* category? I'm not even gonna dignify that with an answer.

Whoever chose this "list" is a moron and awt to be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. And maybe taken out and whipped in the streets.

FirestarLuva
11-16-2012, 12:46 AM
I'm gonna make my whole class, cousins vote for Connor and everything AC3 related! Or they'll burn in hell! Lol.
Ezio was nominated in 2010, he didn't win, hope Connor does. I mean, even though he's the newest character in the gaming world, he's very popular, it took Ezio two years to get nominated, while for Connor it was only a few months. I hope he wins, all the other characters shouldn't even be on the list.
P.S. Mods stick this thread! :D

WarriorAegis
11-16-2012, 01:12 AM
I can vote for most anticipated game, but not for the characters. :/ No check box there.

Rankya_94
11-16-2012, 01:22 AM
Had to vote for Connor, absolutely adore him <3

BBALive
11-16-2012, 01:30 AM
TWhere's Max Payne???!

That's what I said to myself when I saw the nominees. At least he was nominated in other categories.

If MP3 doesn't win best soundtrack, or best song, whatever the award is, then I'll be pissed.

BATISTABUS
11-16-2012, 01:35 AM
I voted for AC3 in every category except for graphics. I voted for Journey...I'm just a sucker for stuff like that. I wish AC3 was up there for the soundtrack, but whatever. Connor better win best character...let's make it happen Assassins!

Insieme per la vittoria!

dchil279
11-16-2012, 03:14 AM
this is tough I might have to go with Shepard

pirate1802
11-16-2012, 04:18 AM

****, I'm divided. I'm really inclined to vote for Claptrap.. really love that delusional little **** xD

I think only Clappy can give Ratonhnhake:ton a run for the moneyz, rest are generic and meh. Mark my words xD

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 06:13 AM
I voted for AC3 in every category except for graphics. I voted for Journey...I'm just a sucker for stuff like that. I wish AC3 was up there for the soundtrack, but whatever. Connor better win best character...let's make it happen Assassins!

Insieme per la victtoria!
Insiema per La vittoria!

pirate1802
11-16-2012, 06:42 AM
I voted for AC3 in every category except for Character of the year. My love for Clappy is just too big to resist.

*Runs for his dear life as angry Connor fans come at him with tomahawks and bows*

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 06:44 AM
I voted for AC3 in every category except for Character of the year. My love for Clappy is just too big to resist.

*Runs for his dear life as angry Connor fans come at him with tomahawks and bows*
It`s RatonFan That`s coming after You.. xP

I`m too tired right now

Rankya_94
11-16-2012, 07:00 AM

This is what i'm imagining right now. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zRT-LvJUuQ&amp;feature=my_liked_videos&amp;list=LLuEN158S__WnN qlgJ6_amyw

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 07:02 AM
this is what i'm imagining right now. Xd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zrt-lvjuuq&amp;feature=my_liked_videos&amp;list=lluen158s__wnn qlgj6_amyw
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

anik_lc
11-16-2012, 07:11 AM
Couldn't find Ratonhnhaké:ton so I will vote for Connor. :p

Also voted AC III in GOTY and Best Action-Adventure GOTY. :D

Plus voted for Tomb Raider in Most Anticipated Game. :D

All of those are crap except Master Chief.

Flying-Tempest
11-16-2012, 07:14 AM
No matter what all the fangirls say here, Connor is still a bore. The only reason he got nominated is because Ezio popularized the AC franchise, and the amount of hype and marketing that Ubisoft did for AC3..

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 07:18 AM
No matter what all the fangirls say here, Connor is still a bore. The only reason he got nominated is because Ezio popularized the AC franchise, and the amount of hype and marketing that Ubisoft did for AC3..
Oh look ! Another Ezio Guy..
What a professional, What a professional Approach..Get this.. The world does not revolve around just what you think. Amazing, No ?... and there are GUYS that liked him. Unless you`re implying that any who like him is a girl.. Which would make you an Idiot..

So, buddy... Don`t go around flailing your Opinion as fact...

Flying-Tempest
11-16-2012, 07:23 AM
Oh look ! Another Ezio Guy..
What a professional, What a professional Approach..Get this.. The world does not revolve around just what you think. Amazing, No ?... and there are GUYS that liked him. Unless you`re implying that any who like him is a girl.. Which would make you an Idiot..

So, buddy... Don`t go around flailing your Opinion as fact...

Its that time of the month for you isn't it!

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Its that time of the month for you isn't it!
Ah ! Ladies and gentlemen, we have an Unoriginal Joker who likes to pick up his crude Humor from Dull TV shows..

Well done, lad.. Well done (i`m not calling you Kid, because then I`d be insulting at least 30 Billion other kid)

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 07:30 AM
Ah ! Ladies and gentlemen, we have an Unoriginal Joker who likes to pick up his crude Humor from Dull TV shows..

Well done, lad.. Well done (i`m not calling you Kid, because then I`d be insulting at least 30 Billion other kid)
There's only 7 billion people on the planet :p, unless your saying that you'ed also insulting extra-terrestrial life... we are not alone :nonchalance:

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 07:31 AM
extra-terrestrial life... we are not alone :nonchalance:
Yes.. They have Kids Too

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Yes.. They have Kids Too
lollollollol

Flying-Tempest
11-16-2012, 07:39 AM

Its remarkable how much time you spend on the forums proving how "awesome" you are by arguing about the most petty things. Go out once in a while and hang out. Seeing as you are a WWE fan I'll say no more.

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Its remarkable how much time you spend on the forums proving how "awesome" you are by arguing about the most petty things. Go out once in a while and hang out. Seeing as you are a WWE fan I'll say no more.
Oh I`m sorry, I do not spend my day judging random people on the Internet so I can convince my self I`m a Sherlock Holmes, so forgive me If I have a hard time understanding the Gibberish you just typed..

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Ezio says this the best:
they add up; and in time he'll have won a few more 'petty' arguments (paraphrased) and thus become well known and prove his awesomeness (Own words)

shobhit7777777
11-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Too bad you only get one vote....otherwise would've voted for Connor.

Its Master Chief for me....far more fleshed out and compelling

Also the list is ****ed up the rear.....Shepard? SHEPARD? Where are Max Payne and Agent 47?

Also I hope people are being objective in voting and not going the Blind rabid fanperson route.....

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 07:54 AM

Also the list is ****ed up the rear.....Shepard? SHEPARD? Where are Max Payne and Agent 47?

Also I hope people are being objective in voting and not going the Blind rabid fanperson route.....
See ? See how a person disagrees with the thread ? Respectful and Reasonable...

This is for you, Flying-Tempest.. Try to learn from this man here..

pirate1802
11-16-2012, 08:12 AM
Well each of that crazy robot's dialogs are gold. Whoever wrote his lines, kudos to him. I was laughing so much while Claptrap was messing with that guy in Sanctuary, during his birthday party where he invited everyone but no one came, during that quest where he asks you to do impossible tasks to access his hidden stash.. his dialogs towards the end of the game where he "persuades" the female robot to cooperate, how he tries to "integrate" with a circuit. So yeah. I really like him, and not just because I'm a Borderlands fanboy. No other videogame character made me laugh so much. If it allowed me two votes I'd have voted for Connor for sure xD Frankly I'm a little disappointed Borderlands 2 isn't nominated for GOTY.. Its a pretty underrated game.

And LOL@Shepard. Probably EApower at play here.

pirate1802
11-16-2012, 08:13 AM
No matter what all the fangirls say here, Connor is still a bore.

No matter what all the haters say here, Connor is still awesome.

Opinions. Everyone has one, and everyone thinks theirs is more important than everyone else's.

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 08:16 AM
No matter what all the haters say here, Connor is still awesome.

Opinions. Everyone has one, and everyone thinks theirs is more important than everyone else's.
And M flaunts his around like gold; and some how manage to recruit

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 08:35 AM
And M flaunts his around like gold; and some how manage to recruit
Because...:)

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Because...:)
he's awesome

BBALive
11-16-2012, 09:08 AM

47 doesn't deserve a place on that list. Absolution should be buried, never to be remembered.

Don't get me wrong, Bateson has always done a fantastic job, but the writing in Hitman Absolution is atrocious (which wouldn't matter, since Hitman's story has ALWAYS taken a back seat, and gameplay has always been prioritised, but for some reason they felt compelled to change that) I feel bad for him, and for fans of the series.

iNvid22
11-16-2012, 09:43 AM
as much as i love the series and can recognize when good characters like ezio deserve a nom, connor shouldnt even be on that list.

he's consumed by one goal and does anything and everything he is told, his personality consists of making an angry face - thats about it.

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 09:51 AM
as much as i love the series and can recognize when good characters like ezio deserve a nom, connor shouldnt even be on that list.

he's consumed by one goal and does anything and everything he is told, his personality consists of making an angry face - thats about it.
I think Ezio was not a Good Character, Really..

I think Connor was written so much better..So I think He deserves a place on that list.. (Good Characters do not have to be Flashy, Humorous, Womanizing Playboys)

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 09:56 AM

I think Connor was written so much better..So I think He deserves a place on that list.. (Good Characters do not have to be Flashy, Humorous, Womanizing Playboys)
Really I only started liking Ezio in rev; when he stopped being such an arrogant ***, I love playing as such a down to earth character

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Really I only started liking Ezio in rev; when he stopped being such an arrogant ***, I love playing as such a down to earth character
Agreed..
Ezio is Over rated.. PERIOD

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Agreed..
Ezio is Over rated.. PERIOD
In more ways than one. my god, the only reason I could stand the first two Ezio games, was because of the storyline, I would have much ratherd play as petruccio

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 10:05 AM
In more ways than one. my god, the only reason I could stand the first two Ezio games, was because of the storyline, I would have much ratherd play as petruccio
I think Connor`s Character is Genius. He was never Perfect. His Child-like view on life was so moving...He`s so Pure and tries to see the best in People. He`s so full of flaws that the whole time playing I was asking my self questions.

THAT is good Writing... Not some Viciously Cliched Character with a Cliched Story.. ( I Still liked Ezio, but compared to Connor, Ezio just fails) When People call Connor 1D, I`d think how fitting that`d be with Ezio... Because he is so 1D

shobhit7777777
11-16-2012, 10:08 AM
I am loving the Ezio vs Connor back channel talks.....

One side thinks Ezio is a skirt chasing cliched rogue and hence overrated while the other thinks that Connor is a one note naive mowgli

Both sides fail to comprehend the character arc that the two went through and the subtleties which define the two assassins.

That said Ezio, thanks to a much more fleshed out story and a larger narrative arc is naturally more developed and multifaceted. It's unfair to compare Connor to Ezio right now. I do believe hat Connor lacks the charm and the street smarts that made Ezio so likeable but he makes up for it in terms of a different, fresher worldview and also the fact that Connor as a character has a lot of opportunities to grow...we haven't seen it yet.

I fault the games narrative structure and poor mission design for making Connor a duller character than he is and failing to infuse more life into him. They ****ed up hugely with Connor first time out but did establish am interesting protagonist whom I'd like to follow in the next game

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 10:10 AM
I am loving the Ezio vs Connor back channel talks.....

One side thinks Ezio is a skirt chasing cliched rogue and hence overrated while the other thinks that Connor is a one note naive mowgli

Both sides fail to comprehend the character arc that the two went through and the subtleties which define the two assassins.

That said Ezio, thanks to a much more fleshed out story and a larger narrative arc is naturally more developed and multifaceted. It's unfair to compare Connor to Ezio right now. I do believe hat Connor lacks the charm and the street smarts that made Ezio so likeable but he makes up for it in terms of a different, fresher worldview and also the fact that Connor as a character has a lot of opportunities to grow...we haven't seen it yet.

I fault the games narrative structure and poor mission design for making Connor a duller character than he is and failing to infuse more life into him. They ****ed up hugely with Connor first time out but did establish am interesting protagonist whom I'd like to follow in the next game
Although I disagree with Connor being dull thanks to the Story and that Ezio being a well written Character..

I agree with everything else..

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 10:11 AM
I think Connor`s Character is Genius. He was never Perfect. His Child-like view on life was so moving...He`s so Pure and tries to see the best in People. He`s so full of flaws that the whole time playing I was asking my self questions.

THAT is good Writing... Not some Cliched Character with a Viciously Cliched Story.. ( I Still liked Ezio, but compared to Connor, Ezio just fails) When People call Connor 1D, I`d think how fitting that`d be with Ezio... Because he is so 1D
Finally a person with sence; and people think I'm weird because I like Altair more than Ezio

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Finally a person with sence; and people think I'm weird because I like Altair more than Ezio
I lack sense...You just agree with me:p

shobhit7777777
11-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Although I disagree with Connor being dull thanks to the Story and that Ezio being a well written Character..

I agree with everything else..

Fair enough...
but if you think Ezio is not well written or well developed...I think you missed a few subtleties.....same goes for anyone who thinks Connor was poorly written and one note

You're ALL failing lol

AC writers win

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 10:14 AM
I lack sense...You just agree with me:p
No, I don't "Just" agree, I thought this long ago.

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Fair enough...
but if you think Ezio is not well written or well developed...I think you missed a few subtleties.....same goes for anyone who thinks Connor was poorly written and one note

You're ALL failing lol

AC writers win
Wait Wait Wait... I did not say Ezio was not well Developed..What made me Appreciate Ezio was his Development and change. The writing of his Character is just Cliche, though...The Laid back, Humorous, Charming Killer is over done...It`s not as well written as Connor..

Honestly, Did you see Ezio starring in another game when you finished AC II ? Connor has so much potential.. (Maybe, though that this is because of the shortness of Connor`s time)

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Wait Wait Wait... I did not say Ezio was not well Developed..What made me Appreciate Ezio was his Development and change. The writing of his Character is just Cliche, though...The Laid back, Humorous, Charming Killer is over done...It`s not as well written as Connor..

Honestly, Did you see Ezio starring in another game when you finished AC II ? Connor has so much potential.. (Maybe, though that this is because of the shortness of Connor`s time)
Rebuilding the assassins guild, explorig the wourld, ect your right so much potential

shobhit7777777
11-16-2012, 10:28 AM

And naive, innocent, idealistic youth disillusioned while fighting for a noble cause isn't?

every thing is cliched....it's how you define and flesh those cliches with personality quirks and choices that make a character great

Ezio was angry, vengeful, wise, sarcastic, witty, sad, introspective, regretful, passionate, compassionate, empathetic, ruthless, cruel, manipulative, lewd.....all of these flavours we have seen in several moments through out the Ezio trilogy which give meat and personality to the character over a course of several years....and we saw a natural progression of Ezio from youth to a wise and pragmatic Assassin legend.

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 10:30 AM
And naive, innocent, idealistic youth disillusioned while fighting for a noble cause isn't?

every thing is cliched....it's how you define and flesh those cliches with personality quirks and choices that make a character great

Ezio was angry, vengeful, wise, sarcastic, witty, sad, introspective, regretful, passionate, compassionate, empathetic, ruthless, cruel, manipulative, lewd.....all of these flavours we have seen in several moments through out the Ezio trilogy which give meat and personality to the character over a course of several years....and we saw a natural progression of Ezio from youth to a wise and pragmatic Assassin legend.
Notice how I used "Viciously Cliched" in a Previous post..
:p

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 10:32 AM

Your just not giving connor the same chance; I bet when AC2 first came out there was loads of hate because he wasn't altair

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Your just not giving connor the same chance; I bet when AC2 first came out there was loads of hate because he wasn't altair
There was..

Difference is, People liked Ezio when they played AC II.

Some people still hate Connor even after playing AC III

shobhit7777777
11-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Notice how I used "Viciously Cliched" in a Previous post..

Touche!

But would you not agree? Ezio has a huge display of emotions and reactions which naturally make him a more relatable character as it lends humanity...he ****s up, gets pissed off, admires women, gets a little cruel sometimes....these are indicative of a deep personality and not a cliche which is basically ONE character type with no variation...

Connor hasn't gone through this yet...so we haven't seen the other side..hence why a lot of the people think him in one note and why I also blamed the narrative. But you and I can both agree that Connor is definitely interesting and should have his own trilogy

shobhit7777777
11-16-2012, 10:34 AM

Read

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Touche!

But would you not agree? Ezio has a huge display of emotions and reactions which naturally make him a more relatable character as it lends humanity...he ****s up, gets pissed off, admires women, gets a little cruel sometimes....these are indicative of a deep personality and not a cliche which is basically ONE character type with no variation...

Connor hasn't gone through this yet...so we haven't seen the other side..hence why a lot of the people think him in one note and why I also blamed the narrative. But you and I can both agree that Connor is definitely interesting and should have his own trilogy
Agreed Entirely with everything:D

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Read
So will you give him a chance or not

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 10:41 AM
So will you give him a chance or not
I think he clearly stated that Yes he will:p

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 10:42 AM
I think he clearly stated that Yes he willhttp://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/tongue.png
Yeah, I went back and properly re-read his post.:p

BBALive
11-16-2012, 10:54 AM
He`s so Pure and tries to see the best in People

That's horse****.

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 10:55 AM
That's horse****.
No....

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 10:57 AM
No....
Two against hundreds it seems, they just won't give connor a chance

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 10:59 AM
I think BBALive is willing to give Connor a chance, he just does not agree about him being pure:p

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 11:02 AM
I think BBALive is willing to give Connor a chance, he just does not agree about him being pure:p
Ok, though i was talking in general

(Do you remember when I was new, proved you and maxerx180 wrong, i'm still here)
EDIT: I haven't seen maxerx180 in a while, I hope he/she didnt die in hurricane sandy

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Ok, though i was talking in general

(Do you remember when I was new, proved you and maxerx180 wrong, i'm still here)
Proved me wrong ?? Pffft You never Proved me wrong.. No one does xP

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Proved me wrong ?? Pffft You never Proved me wrong.. No one does xP
I'm still here, you said most newbies don't stay for long, now look at me 533 posts thats proving you wrong

MT4K
11-16-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm still here, you said most newbies don't stay for long, now look at me 533 posts thats proving you wrong

You're still a newbie really.... :p.

FirestarLuva
11-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Even if Connor doesn't win, I wouldn't be surprised. AC3 is his first game while all the other characters on the list have had at least 2-3 games with them. But he does have great potential and he deserves to win.
Also, when is Gamespot's Best of 2012 supposed to be?

RatonhnhakeFan
11-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Even if Connor doesn't win, I wouldn't be surprised. AC3 is his first game while all the other characters on the list have had at least 2-3 games with them. But he does have great potential and he deserves to win.
Also, when is Gamespot's Best of 2012 supposed to be?December will be the month when all websites will be doing their GOTYs. DICE, BAFTA & GDC awards in Q1 2013 then.

Khaos7712
11-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Too bad, I love him :) (even if he's straight :p) But yeah, some reasons are hilarious.

So that's why you're obsessed with a male video game character.

Connor is one of the most one dimensional characters I've ever seen.

AdrianJacek
11-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Not sure why Commander Static Brick is nominated but oh well. :P Next time add the Tetris block to the list.
But yeah - it's Connor for me. 100%-ed the game, know all about him.

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 09:33 PM

Stupid Idiot..

RatonhnhakeFan
11-16-2012, 09:35 PM
--Thanks for getting yourself banned from the forums, one rotten apple less :o

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Thanks for getting yourself banned from the forums, one rotten apple less :o
I guess Connor was just too complicated for his mind to bear..

sho3s22
11-16-2012, 10:07 PM
ugh. I'll agree connor wins over all the other nominees, but he definitely is not a great character compared to Ezio and Altair

Khaos7712
11-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Stupid Idiot..
Thank you. Flaming people is also against the rules.

Thanks for getting yourself banned from the forums, one rotten apple less :o
Not many people get my sense of humor, I am far too blunt. All I will say is take everything I say with a pinch of salt.

I guess Connor was just too complicated for his mind to bear..
You should take your head out of your ***, you come across in a way which makes you seem that you think you're better than everyone else. Light Rey and you could be twins.

Jexx21
11-16-2012, 10:14 PM
I don't know if you guys realize this, but I would think that it would be harder to write a character that people don't like than one that people like. It would of been so easy to just take Ezio's character and tweak it a bit.

The devs actually said that it was easier to write Haytham's character than Connors in a response to a question about why Haytham was more likable than Connor.

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Thank you. Flaming people is also against the rules.

Not many people get my sense of humor, I am far too blunt. All I will say is take everything I say with a pinch of salt.

You should take your head out of your ***, you come across in a way which makes you seem that you think you're better than everyone else. Light Rey and you could be twins.
At least i`m not you..

Again, Stupid Idiot.. Now please settle down and let more reasonable people talk

RatonhnhakeFan
11-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Not many people get my sense of humor, I am far too blunt. All I will say is take everything I say with a pinch of salt.No. 'Disgusting ***' is way over the line for any joke.

BBALive
11-16-2012, 10:17 PM

It's not that. I quite liked Connor. I wouldn't say he tried to see the best in people though.

Khaos7712
11-16-2012, 10:17 PM
At least i`m not you..

Again, Stupid Idiot

And thank god I'm not you, how anyone as smug as yourself has any friends is beyond me.

Assassin_M
11-16-2012, 10:18 PM
And thank god I'm not you, how anyone as smug as yourself has any friends is beyond me.
How you`re not banned yet Is beyond me

RatonhnhakeFan
11-16-2012, 10:19 PM
It's not that. I quite liked Connor. I wouldn't say he tried to see the best in people though.Or maybe he just saw what really mattered? So what if Johnson sugarcoated how he wanted to protect Native Americans? When they refused to sell him the land, he started killing them. Good intentions don't matter when you murder in cold blood because someone refused to sell you land.

MT4K
11-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Joke or not. Some things go too far... Please be careful about what lines you wish to cross....

Now let's drop this and get back on topic... and be careful of spoilers guys unless you want the thread moved :p.

Khaos7712
11-16-2012, 10:21 PM
How you`re not banned yet Is beyond me

I've received an infraction, I'll have to keep my mouth shut in future. And to RatonhnhakeFan - I apologize.

shobhit7777777
11-16-2012, 10:24 PM

Made a gay joke....thinks has an 'Offbeat' sense of humor.

Chutiya

IronEagl3
11-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Master Chief is gonna win, due to the larger Halo fan base. I'm still voting for Connor though :D

shobhit7777777
11-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Master Chief is gonna win, due to the larger Halo fan base. I'm still voting for Connor though :D

I voted for MC

lightlamp
11-17-2012, 12:17 AM
Quite a lot of fanboy posts here. No way does a character as bland as Connor deserve to win

Jexx21
11-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Having an opinion that favors a character does not make them a fanboy of anything.

lightlamp
11-17-2012, 12:27 AM
Having an opinion that favors a character does not make them a fanboy of anything.
Im talking about the people who say "omg that list is terrible except for connor" there are some decent choices in there

TrueAssassin77
11-17-2012, 12:30 AM
once again. that is an opinion ...

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Im talking about the people who say "omg that list is terrible except for connor" there are some decent choices in there
Which again, is an Opinion..

Just like you think Connor is horrible... Everyone else can think everyone else is horrible, BUT Connor..

I liked Master Chief, I think everyone else is crap, but I voted for Connor

Jexx21
11-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Wait, you think Connor is crap M? Why did you vote for him then?

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 12:38 AM
Wait, you think Connor is crap M? Why did you vote for him then?
Mistype Mistype xD

I think everyone else is Crap, BUT Master Chief and Connor :p

scooper121s
11-17-2012, 12:40 AM
1. connor is not one-dimentional
2. stop shooting your mouths off
3. you guys are getting ridiculus; these arguments are off-topic, and just asking for spoillers, I don't know about you guys but I'd be annoyed if this was moved JUST BCAUSE SOME **** TRIED TO SPOIL SOMETHING, so just don't.

@mods- U'm not armchair moderating, I have no intntion of becoming a mod, I just don't wan to see this ruined for anyone. If i'm stepping on any toes I apologise.

Jexx21
11-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Haha. Anyway, I don't think that Shepard should be on the list because Shepard doesn't even have one specific character anyway.

lightlamp
11-17-2012, 12:41 AM
ok ya got me /opinions

RatonhnhakeFan
11-17-2012, 12:46 AM
Haha. Anyway, I don't think that Shepard should be on the list because Shepard doesn't even have one specific character anyway.

Agree. Doesn't make sense to nominate a character that can have thousands different versions

TwoDents
11-17-2012, 02:35 AM
What? There is no option to vote for Handsome Jack? Darn, he was one of the best written Villains I have seen in a long time. Only reason I watch the VGAs is for trailers. I don't think anyone takes Spike's VGAs seriously.

pirate1802
11-17-2012, 05:12 AM
What? There is no option to vote for Handsome Jack? Darn, he was one of the best written Villains I have seen in a long time.

**** it! Thats true. I loved and hated that guy at the same time. A rare thing these days xD His dialogs were both funny and dripping with arrogance.

Ontopic, everyone on that list is good, except Shepard.
*FTL's outta this galaxy*

projectpat06
11-17-2012, 06:49 AM
Ha, claptrap is awesome (really all the Borderland 2 characters are great) but I'll go for Connor. He was a bad a** and had a lot of depth to his character. We got to see the many shades of him over the course of the story. People should remember that he is still young thrown into a world of death and deceit. I would like to see all of you handle some of the things he went through when you're in your twenties. We'll see him mature and grow in the next game.

As for the most anticipated game.....that choice is crazy hard. The last of Us would prob be my first choice though with GTA V at second and Bioshock third.

pirate1802
11-17-2012, 07:23 AM
I voted for Bioshock infinite for the most anticipated game :P

projectpat06
11-17-2012, 09:30 AM
I voted for Bioshock infinite for the most anticipated game :P

The nice thing is that 2013 starting off with some awesome games. Besides ME3, AC3, and Borderlands 2, 2012 was meh. It had a ton of 1st person games if that's ur cup of tea

pirate1802
11-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Dishonored was great too. And also Spec ops: The line. That last one was a pretty underrated game, but its campaign was brilliant. Really brought out the ugly side of war, and its ending was seriously mind****ing.. much like AC2's :P

projectpat06
11-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Dishonored was great too. And also Spec ops: The line. That last one was a pretty underrated game, but its campaign was brilliant. Really brought out the ugly side of war, and its ending was seriously mind****ing.. much like AC2's :P

I'm still wanting to get dishonored, but I may just wait till all these new games drop in price. Won't have much time to play since I'll be in Vail till May.

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm still wanting to get dishonored, but I may just wait till all these new games drop in price. Won't have much time to play since I'm in Vail till May.
Expect something awesome from Dishonored..

projectpat06
11-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Expect something awesome from Dishonored..

I heard it was short which may be good thing. I may just grab it with my buy two get one free coupon the gamestop guys convinced me to get. I'll have to get it tomorrow before I leave GA. Is it really worth it?

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 10:01 AM
I heard it was short which may be good thing. I may just grab it with my buy two get one free coupon the gamestop guys convinced me to get. I'll have to get it tomorrow before I leave GA. Is it really worth it?
You`ll want to play it at least 2 more times when You initially finish it..

The amount of freedom given is just astonishing. You can literally go through the Quests using a dozen ways...

The Story is Great too

TwoDents
11-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Dishonored seems cool, but I am very weary of getting it because I heard there is only 2 ways for non-lethal take-downs. Granted there is a bunch of ways to do lethal take-downs, but I like to play games in a style similar to Splinter-Cell and Hitman.

Is really limited ways for non-lethal take-downs, or is it an over-exaggeration? That is the only thing keeping me from buying it.

pirate1802
11-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Hmm.. I mostly do nonlethal takedowns. Either sleepdart them from a distance or muffle them from behind xD

And the game is not short. Its only short if you gun down everyone in sight and don't do any sidequests. The amount of freedom, as M said, is astonishing. You can even spare your assassination targets, if you wish so (though I didn't) and the way you approach the missions are limitless. I really wish AC learns something off them.

The story was good, but not great. It is your generic revenge n revolt story, not saying its not good, and maybe it's just me, but I saw that twist coming miles away, always happens in such tales of rebellion. There was a lack of memorable characters. Only Edward and Emily clicked for me. Overall imma give this game a 9/10. A strong GOTY contender.

FirestarLuva
12-03-2012, 10:57 PM
I wonder what speech Connor will give? I really liked Ezio's at the VGA's 2010. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLm6baXBtaY

FrankieSatt
12-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Sorry, he's the WORST Assassin's Creed ancestor. No way I vote for him.

Assassin_M
12-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Sorry, he's the WORST Assassin's Creed ancestor. No way I vote for him.
Then Don`t..

Why the hell are you apologizing ?

ACfan443
12-04-2012, 12:12 AM
I wonder what speech Connor will give? I really liked Ezio's at the VGA's 2010. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLm6baXBtaY

I don't think Connor could do something like this without looking slightly awkward :p

InfectedNation
12-04-2012, 12:18 AM
I wonder what speech Connor will give?

"Where is Charles Lee??????????????"

im3jia
01-01-2013, 06:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUwhFYEqro&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Connor's unused acceptance speech.

ACfan443
01-01-2013, 07:41 PM

He should have won.

ToughGuy31
01-01-2013, 09:38 PM

That is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.And Connor just left it

im3jia
01-01-2013, 10:17 PM
30 seconds without asking "Where's Charles Lee?" :p

ToughGuy31
01-01-2013, 10:26 PM
30 seconds without asking "Where's Charles Lee?" :p
I loledmy *** of when he walked up to 2 random guys and asked, "Where is Charles Lee?"

ShadowRage41
01-02-2013, 10:36 PM

That's a very good point, and I agree, The flashy, humorous womanizing playboy archetype has been way overdone. I was very fond of Altair as well, he was very direct in his demeanor, his no nonsense approach reminded me of a soldier. Connor IMHO was an interesting character as well... I appreciate the fact that his viewpoint was native American, they did not bend his demeanor to satisfy what many people wanted him to be> Ezio. He was simply Connor. And his perspective was that of a Native American. which is a very unique perspective. JMO for whatever it is worth. Should he have won Character of the year? I think he was as interesting as any of the others in the games that I have played. just maybe not as flamboyant and cliched.

i WiLL aM
01-02-2013, 10:55 PM
I wonder what speech Connor will give?

"Where is Charles Lee??????????????"

Brilliant.

LordWolv
01-02-2013, 10:56 PM
I love Connor. The views of people who speak against him are invalid.

Just listen to this, it's an extracted epilogue that was actually never in the game. I love it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H6d79JHh3cU

Assassin_M
01-02-2013, 10:58 PM

Just listen to this, it's an extracted epilogue that was actually never in the game. I love it.
Yes I just listened to it....I was shouting at the god damm screen "WHY DID THEY REMOVE THIS ????" That could`v shut everyone up about Connor`s development...Just why ?? No Idea...No Idea

LordWolv
01-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Yes I just listened to it....I was shouting at the god damm screen "WHY DID THEY REMOVE THIS ????" That could`v shut everyone up about Connor`s development...Just why ?? No Idea...No Idea
I know right. I might make a thread dedicated to that video just because I think people need to hear it.

Assassin_M
01-02-2013, 11:04 PM
I know right. I might make a thread dedicated to that video just because I think people need to hear it.
I`ll do it :|

I think there`s also another one where Church was supposed to sing "Britannia" while Connor was ready to stab him in the stomach..but that too was removed -__-

LordWolv
01-02-2013, 11:05 PM
I`ll do it :|

I think there`s also another one where Church was supposed to sing "Britannia" while Connor was ready to stab him in the stomach..but that too was removed -__-
Too late, just made it. xD

Assassin_M
01-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Too late, just made it. xD
I noticed xP

ACfan443
01-02-2013, 11:17 PM

Why did they remove this? Some of these 'decisions' are beyond me.

TrueAssassin77
01-02-2013, 11:22 PM
yes i just listened to it....i was shouting at the god damm screen "why did they remove this ????" that could`v shut everyone up about connor`s development...just why ?? No idea...no idea

oh my mother****ing god! What the **** ubisoft! Are you mother****ing kidding me! I cannot believe this stupid *** mother****ing ****! Was this removed in favor of haythams ****ing prolouge!? Jesus christ! I am so pissed right ****ing now!

i WiLL aM
01-02-2013, 11:41 PM
I am so pissed right ****ing now!
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/666/_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

FirestarLuva
01-03-2013, 10:45 PM

Probably one of the best speeches at the VGA's so far, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. His video got the most likes and views and was featured on the VGA's front page.
In my opinion, Clap Trap shouldn't have won, I don't know who truly deserved it but it definetly shouldn't have been Clap Trap.