PDA

View Full Version : Pivots glitch/bug

ej_the_shadow
11-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Im having a problem with this. I cant place a single one. It says "0 Pivots to Find" and "0 Pivots to Plant" in my map. In my Pivots selection, it says "Pivot scanned in undefined. Find it". After the Epilogue, I didnt get the green are people mention about. I guess my game is glitched and I want to find them all because I want to Platinum this game, I just need 2 trophies!

Please any help would be appreciated.

Maurice_Wijma
11-15-2012, 03:15 PM
I thought I had the same problem, but there was a logical "fix".

If you have already done the first pivot, there are 2 or 3 pivots on the map. You need to remove them if you are looking in any other place than Boston. When you have "unplaced" some pivots, you are able to use them anywere you want, as long as you take Connor to the place you want them to be.

And because you told that you see "0 pivots to find", I think you are not looking in the right region. Try another map. Like when you are in Boston, and you see that message, you are better to try New York or the Frontier.

Never forget to pick up your pivots again if you are going to look in a different map. You will get more every time you find one, and it helps a lot!

I hope this helped.

ej_the_shadow
11-15-2012, 03:22 PM
I've never done a pivot. After the epilogue I tried but there was nothing to do on the map, so I kept playing (fully synching all memories). There are still no pivots in my Animus map. There is nothing. When I open the map (in any of the three), it says "O Pivots to find" and "0 Pivots to plant" in the up right corner. My cursor has a " ! " at its right and some lights circulating the " ! "

I can do nothing! I've never seen a pivot either...

Maurice_Wijma
11-15-2012, 03:33 PM
If you have done the epilogue, then there must be some pivots in Boston, and you might have placed one already. If you have found the first one, you end up with one pivot extra to place. But you need to pick up those other pivots on your map, to place them somewere else.

And if you don't see any message about a new pivot, you must wait for it. It takes time to get a new pivot on a map.

If it is still not clear, here are 2 video's. The second one is the most informative, but the guy has a bit of a scary voice. :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EGxzeiDxVc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41AFiuYESaw

ej_the_shadow
11-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks for ur help but I've never seen a pivot nor planted one. After the epilogue I tried and opened the map but there was no green area nor for me to place one pivot. I've never gotten a message about a pivot and Im 96% Full Synch in my save (I only need to fully synch Delivery Requests, 2 Naval missions and Kidd's letters missions). Plus I did all of the rest after the epilogue.

Maurice_Wijma
11-15-2012, 03:46 PM
So you have seen the 2 cutscenes of the end of the game? There must de a last mission marker on your map somewere then. If not, you might just have seen the intro to the pivot system, and than there must be at least 2 on your map in Boston.

So first check if you really have all the missions done that are marked with the "!". If there are no markers left, you might just be looking in the wrong places.

And you have to make sure you have a connection to the internet in any way. It is an online mini0game, so it is pretty much needed.

If you can't get any progress with this information, I will give up. This is everything I know that could be the problem.

ej_the_shadow
11-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Yes, I've seen both cutscenes and no, there are no mission markers left in my map. Yes, I saw the intro and right after it I opened my Animus map and didnt get the green area (bc the game plant 2 for u) <- I didnt get that.

Im always conneceted to internet. Here is a video of a guy that have the same problem as me. Sorry his voice is kinda creepy too XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu7MOZbXlmg

Kaswa101
11-15-2012, 05:54 PM
I have the same problem. :( Some are speculating that it has to do with your Uplay email not being linked to your PSN email, but I really don't know. Ubisoft needs to release a patch immediately. The amount of problems and glitches still in the game are ridiculous for a A-grade title. :mad:

Nader-Abudiix
11-15-2012, 08:37 PM
im having same problem :( i cant plant any

ej_the_shadow
11-15-2012, 08:57 PM
See? And they think we are dumb... They moved this thread to Hints and Tips. We dont need tips!! This is an actual glitch or bug!!!!

Shadiest187
11-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Just so you know you're not alone & definitely not going mad OP...

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/723011-PIVOTal-issue?

Gianavel
11-16-2012, 12:04 AM
See? And they think we are dumb... They moved this thread to Hints and Tips. We dont need tips!! This is an actual glitch or bug!!!!

The thread was moved to Hints & Tips because it contains info about the end game and is therefore considered to contain spoilers. There's a pinned thread that specifically states that all spoilers are to be posted in the Hints & Tips folder.