PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with AC3

Revani-64
11-15-2012, 10:32 AM
I have never been disappointed with The AC series until now..
I can't say everything was bad about it or that the game was bad but it's not a good AC game.

1. The setting.. Revolutionary America .. really?

Until now we have seen Italian Renaissance and Constantinople so what are we doing in America ..
There's no historic value comparable to the places we have been in The AC series..
I would have expected something more.

2. The story and the characters are boring.

-Characters are not as memorable or funny as in the prequels.
-I can't even remember the names of the major characters .
-Achilles doesn't tell much about himself or why the Assassin's order is in turmoil.
-Through the game it feels like Connor is just some stupid child running in circles to save his village and I think you all can agree with Connor being the worst Assassin ever.. With his zero personality and monotonic voice.

2.1 [SPOILERS] No major plot twists except for Haytham and the End. Would have expected more from the Abstergo than just plain kidnapping. I waited til the end that Abstergo would find Desmond and his crew and that something epic would go down.. But instead we have this ridiculous act where Desmond just Trolls the Abstergo.
I would have waited so much more from Haytham and Connor..Like mayby some sort of redemption for Haytham or turning Connor into a Templar. Instead we have this random boring moment where Connor just stabs him and that's it. So disappointing.. It wasn't as awesome as Ezio killing Cesare or dramatic as Ezios family getting hanged. [SPOILERS]

3. The main story is really short.
I played the game without doing the sidequests. It didn't take too long and I was never compelled to use money or do the sidequests. But I think all the time making this game went to making the shop/trade system and the sidequests.

4. Hate the glitches..

So to wrap it all up.. I was utterly disappointed with the story and I would have expected something.. unexpected twists from the plot. =(

But gotta love the naval fights and... Haytham was awesome..
Yep.. I'd like to know what you thought about the game and .. why?

Revani-64

Legendz54
11-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Oh god heres another one... I suggest you put this in the feedback thread, This is just going to start forum wars... Just so you know i dont agree with anything you have said.

zhengyingli
11-15-2012, 10:43 AM
No historical value?

Gianavel
11-15-2012, 10:44 AM
No historical value?

Yeah, that was about as far as I got in his post. I realized at that point he had nothing of value to contribute.

shobhit7777777
11-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Some things I agree with but "No historical value?"

:nonchalance:

That event will go onto shape the future of the world

ProdiGurl
11-15-2012, 11:13 AM
I think I have some hair left to tear out....

This looks to me like you wanted Ezio in another game set in Italy again? But anyways about the only things I can agree with are Haytham, Naval, glitches & some deeper character development.
They aren't devoid of it, but it could be amped up & given more depth. They had some great characters in ACR that had more potential than they got. A little story weaving could go a longer way.
We need to be able to bond with the characters.

With that said, they didn't botch Connor up - he's more like Altair than Ezio (and I believe it's becuz of all the complaints of fans who didn't appreciate Ezio's personality).
So they purposely changed the formula for a strong but gentle giant type which suits him just fine. Plus you saw his past & got to know why he's like he is.
Plus we have to look to Indian culture.... they weren't exactly known for being loud-mouths.

No historic value to the Revolutionary War? Really? It's as good a period as any other historic place or incident they've chosen. I think some people only prefer the ancient ruins or exotic places with columns & stuff? I think a change of pace was in order and it's nice to see & experience something totally different.

As far as main story... if that's all you play, you lose alot in AC & probably most other games too. I won't elaborate on the obvious but this is not a short game.

*there aren't supposed to be any spoilers in this forum area, so I wouldn't read 2.1*

shobhit7777777
11-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Plus we have to look to Indian culture.... they weren't exactly known for being loud-mouths.

Native American Culture

Were it Indian culture then the combat would've been way better...like THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqmhe_IT06Q

Thats another reason in favour of setting AC4 in India...specifically Colonial Era India...heck anytime before our Independance is an awesome era...

Skip to 1:35 and hold onto your lowers

iNvid22
11-15-2012, 12:39 PM
there is a lot wrong with the game but "no historical value" is just insane - you're very much mistaken there

pirate1802
11-15-2012, 01:11 PM
Thats another reason in favour of setting AC4 in India...specifically Colonial Era India...heck anytime before our Independance is an awesome era...

Skip to 1:35 and hold onto your lowers

Yay! Another one to support the cause!

ProdiGurl
11-15-2012, 01:57 PM
I'd rather like to see a thread on what's right about AC3 - there's more to list than this

coolfunkytown
03-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Actually even though i have not played AC3, the setting in the americas before around the independence and the "last of the mohicans" setting is what actually got me interested in this line of games. I think too few games, apart from strategy games, focus on the awesome events historical events that was the time of the colonies. More of this please and in many types of games.

ajl992008
03-20-2013, 05:17 PM
I have never been disappointed with The AC series until now..
I can't say everything was bad about it or that the game was bad but it's not a good AC game.

1. The setting.. Revolutionary America .. really?

Until now we have seen Italian Renaissance and Constantinople so what are we doing in America ..
There's no historic value comparable to the places we have been in The AC series..
I would have expected something more.

2. The story and the characters are boring.

-Characters are not as memorable or funny as in the prequels.
-I can't even remember the names of the major characters .
-Achilles doesn't tell much about himself or why the Assassin's order is in turmoil.
-Through the game it feels like Connor is just some stupid child running in circles to save his village and I think you all can agree with Connor being the worst Assassin ever.. With his zero personality and monotonic voice.

2.1 [SPOILERS] No major plot twists except for Haytham and the End. Would have expected more from the Abstergo than just plain kidnapping. I waited til the end that Abstergo would find Desmond and his crew and that something epic would go down.. But instead we have this ridiculous act where Desmond just Trolls the Abstergo.
I would have waited so much more from Haytham and Connor..Like mayby some sort of redemption for Haytham or turning Connor into a Templar. Instead we have this random boring moment where Connor just stabs him and that's it. So disappointing.. It wasn't as awesome as Ezio killing Cesare or dramatic as Ezios family getting hanged. [SPOILERS]

3. The main story is really short.
I played the game without doing the sidequests. It didn't take too long and I was never compelled to use money or do the sidequests. But I think all the time making this game went to making the shop/trade system and the sidequests.

4. Hate the glitches..

So to wrap it all up.. I was utterly disappointed with the story and I would have expected something.. unexpected twists from the plot. =(

But gotta love the naval fights and... Haytham was awesome..
Yep.. I'd like to know what you thought about the game and .. why?

Revani-64

1. thats you opinion, and your reasoning for your opinion sucks no historical value? are we playing the same game? and although there were better settings to choose this setting was still amazing due to the gameplay additions they made which really fit with the setting.

2. all the characters were more fleshed out in this game than other games, especially all the targets. connor has received many awards for best character and on a recent poll on this forum he was made favourite character so i think we can all agree that your wrong.

3.the main story was shorter than ac2 but longer than all the others, the point was that you were meant to go do the side missions since you know...its an OPEN WORLD GAME, the side missions had a lot of interesting plot points and character development as well so your missing half the experience, not the games fault that your lazy.

4. considering how ambitious the game was from a both a gameplay and technical standpoint I don;t see how you wouldn't expect bugs, none of the bugs are gamebreaking and by now they have been patched.

lastly...you don't deserve your own thread for your opinion, your not special (maybe you are in a different way) but put your feedback in the feedback thread. not going to help ubi much since all this feedback is pretty much useless......

AjinkyaParuleka
03-20-2013, 05:32 PM
No historical value?NO historical value?Read your textbooks,search up information,that event shaped out the world and gave the idea of Democracy..
I liked the way they just kept 6-7 antoganists,they were much more fleshed out,easily remembered.I never knew side characters are made to be funny.And about Connor having 0 personality you are very wrong.He's my favorite character,and about monotonic,that's how native americans are.(or that's what I heard,never saw one in real life).
What ajl992008 said.

ajl992008
03-20-2013, 11:50 PM
I swear whats gone wrong with the forums lately, I've been facepalming too much the past couple of weeks.

Bastiaen
03-21-2013, 01:09 AM
Oh yay... (sarcasm) another one of these threads. Because we really need another person's list of AC3's flaws. How original!!!

Eternal Reward
03-21-2013, 01:11 AM
1. The setting.. Revolutionary America....

There's no historic value.....

*image removed*