PDA

View Full Version : Just Finished Assassins Creed III (No spoilers)

Huntsm4n72
11-15-2012, 02:50 AM
first time poster here (obviously) and I just finished the game:D (No, the ending was fine) I completely enjoyed the 100 hours (Literally and still not 100%) I poured into this game. totally worth my Money. I`m a relatively new fan (started in 2010) but I played all the games and this is by far the best to me.

The freedom that some of the missions gave greatly reminded me of AC I`s Assassinations (Which were sorely missed in AC II onwards where each assassination had a fixed path and nothing else)

Awesome Game (Far from Perfect, but i had a great time), Ubisoft.. Thank You

-A satisfied fan:p

kriegerdesgottes
11-15-2012, 02:54 AM
Welcome to the forums. Glad you liked the game. I agree that it's awesome. I've been playing it pretty much non stop since launch and I'm just now at 90%.

TwoDents
11-15-2012, 02:58 AM
Yeah, I loved the singleplayer. Although it starts out slow, I began to appreciate it more later on because it gave a larger backstory. Not sure why people are so miffed about the ending. Yeah, it may be a cliffhanger, but it's still better than Homefront's/Halo 2's ending. I enjoyed it more than AC2 (Never thought I'd say that).

Great Job Ubisoft. I was very weary of the game after I purchased Revelations (I personally didn't like it), but this more than made up for it. Been playing since the first Creed, and I am eagerly awaiting what will happen in the next.

Huntsm4n72
11-15-2012, 03:05 AM
Thanks, Kriegerdesgottes (Is that german ?):) Just running across the trees has taken me over. It`s fun and addicting and pretty mind blowing that most of the trees (Especially in Black Creek) look so Natural from the Ground, yet when you start free running, It all makes sense and is very enjoyable..

@TwoDents, I found no problem with the ending. They truly delivered and indeed planted the seeds for the next game. and Yes I enjoyed it so much more than AC II. IMO It`s very over rated. It`s only highlights were the Story and Setting.

kriegerdesgottes
11-15-2012, 03:08 AM
Yep it's German for warrior of God. I think the trees are a good addition as well although I'm all about the recreated cities. Boston is my favorite in this one.

Huntsm4n72
11-15-2012, 03:13 AM
Yep it's German for warrior of God. I think the trees are a good addition as well although I'm all about the recreated cities. Boston is my favorite in this one.

So It`s Krieger des Gottes, right ?

I loved the Cities. they may not be as artistic or beautiful as Venice and Florence, but I simply enjoy and appreciate History (Ugly or Pretty) My favorite city, though was New York, because of the contrast in some of the districts. (This was fueled by the Liberation missions) The area affected by the fire was like a sorrowful lady abandoned on her wedding day. (Sickness, Poverty, Crying, Oppression) compared to the ports and Markets where everything felt so alive..

It`s Amazing

kriegerdesgottes
11-15-2012, 03:19 AM
So It`s Krieger des Gottes, right ?

I loved the Cities. they may not be as artistic or beautiful as Venice and Florence, but I simply enjoy and appreciate History (Ugly or Pretty) My favorite city, though was New York, because of the contrast in some of the districts. (This was fueled by the Liberation missions) The area affected by the fire was like a sorrowful lady abandoned on her wedding day. (Sickness, Poverty, Crying, Oppression) compared to the ports and Markets where everything felt so alive..

It`s Amazing

Oh if only more people on here had your perspective of it. I agree that the historical accuracy is way more important than what it looks like. And yep it's Krieger Des Gottes.

Huntsm4n72
11-15-2012, 03:23 AM
Oh if only more people on here had your perspective of it. I agree that the historical accuracy is way more important than what it looks like. And yep it's Krieger Des Gottes.

Ah Well, "Freedom can be messy" xD. I actually saw the many hate threads and planned to make an account when I finished the game (Not to lecture anyone. just to show that there are people who actually enjoyed the game) All we can do with people who do not share our views is agree to disagree, because you talking to him/her will not change his/her views.

I loved the game and appreciated every inch of effort put in it. The Frontier, the Cities, the mini-games (Those were hard as ****) the Animals, the Wilderness free running, Connor, The Story, The Freedom, Variety..

It`s just so much

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 04:24 AM
Someone enjoyed AC III ??:eek:

Smegger_56
11-15-2012, 04:56 AM
I love the game. I really do.

BUT, and this is just after one play through so I may need to play again, it feels like AC3 should never have had an ancestor, in terms of the story. As such, the main plot IMO seemed to suffer, and the ending felt underwhelming.

Now I love Connor (Ezio stays on top of the chain though) but IMO, the ancestor part by now seemed a little redundant. As such, the ending didn't have that BAM factor that was built up over 5 games.

But, like I said, will be playing it again :)

pirate1802
11-15-2012, 05:40 AM

:eek:

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 05:41 AM
:eek:
Mind-blowing, Right ?

pirate1802
11-15-2012, 05:45 AM
Mind-blowing, Right ?

Blown to distant corners of the galaxy..

Seriously though, I sometimes genuinely feel for the devs. They are under a lot of pressure from the fans at all times and they can't please everyone.

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 05:47 AM
Blown to distant corners of the galaxy..
Well... At least we have proof that People who hated AC III being the Minority is fact...

They`v just been louder and more Vocal..

kriegerdesgottes
11-15-2012, 05:48 AM
Mind-blowing, Right ?

You know you liked the game. You may have been disappointed by some things but you know as well as I that it's a good game :P

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 05:48 AM
You know you liked the game. You may have been disappointed by some things but you know as well as I that it's a good game :P
You and I both know ;)

TwoDents
11-15-2012, 05:51 AM
Mind-blowing, Right ?

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/410/250/5d2.gif

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 05:55 AM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/410/250/5d2.gif
Lmfao xD

ProdiGurl
11-15-2012, 01:50 PM
@ TwoDents - lollllll that ones funnier than the Scanners movie vid clip of the guys heading blowing up.

I had more work to do than usual yesterday & wasn't able to play and I was missing the game the entire day.
I never knew I'd like it this much.
Just finished that Johnson mission in Seq. 6/ Boston. WOW. That's a replay mission for sure. :D

I think if people are bored in this game, they've been introduced to far too much mental stimulation & are on override
:rolleyes:

egriffin09
11-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Yeah. I really enjoyed the game too. I poured 35 hrs into AC III my first playthrough. I still have forts to do, privateer contracts, and collectibes to finish (trinkets and feathers), and find the other undergrounds I missed. But I mainly stopped playing because of connor's look after you beat the game. The hood thing turned me off. Trying to wait until Ubi releases a SP patch before I start my second playthrough, but I doubt I will make it. My second time through, I willmake sure I do everything I want to do before before I beat the game.

kriegerdesgottes
11-15-2012, 11:21 PM
@ TwoDents - lollllll that ones funnier than the Scanners movie vid clip of the guys heading blowing up.

I had more work to do than usual yesterday & wasn't able to play and I was missing the game the entire day.
I never knew I'd like it this much.
Just finished that Johnson mission in Seq. 6/ Boston. WOW. That's a replay mission for sure. :D

I think if people are bored in this game, they've been introduced to far too much mental stimulation & are on override
:rolleyes:

yeah I don't get all the hate either. I mean I realize there are some flaws and it's a bit buggier than usual but if I am addicted to where I can't stop playing it even after several hours and there's nothing left to do, then that is a good game. How people get bored with seeing a recreated 18th century model of the colonies or the awesome combat among many other things I do not understand.

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 11:41 PM
yeah I don't get all the hate either. I mean I realize there are some flaws and it's a bit buggier than usual but if I am addicted to where I can't stop playing it even after several hours and there's nothing left to do, then that is a good game. How people get bored with seeing a recreated 18th century model of the colonies or the awesome combat among many other things I do not understand.
Weird coming from you :P

Since you were one of the few Skeptics about this game xD

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 10:06 AM
That's what I was going to say M