PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious voice (spoiler)

BigUrn
11-15-2012, 02:16 AM
Was wondering who's voice that was at the end of the game? After you beat the game you come to that part about the pivots and some dude is talking. It can't be desmond for obvious reasons but I don't recognise that voice anywhere

RatonhnhakeFan
11-15-2012, 03:15 AM
IMO, it's a potential excuse to allow a sequel with Ratonhnhaké:ton while Desmond is dead. Some nerdy hackers hack into an Animus and steal Desmond memories blah blah. But it's just my wild guess

BigUrn
11-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Who knows maybe it actually started me when I heard it also he says "vegas here we come" maybe the next game will be set there.

zerocooll21
11-15-2012, 01:42 PM
IMO, it's a potential excuse to allow a sequel with Ratonhnhaké:ton while Desmond is dead. Some nerdy hackers hack into an Animus and steal Desmond memories blah blah. But it's just my wild guess

My thoughts exactly. That an AC:L are pointing to that.

Em-Man
11-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Who knows maybe it actually started me when I heard it also he says "vegas here we come" maybe the next game will be set there.
You probably know this but "vegas here we come" is a phrase that's usually used when people are about to get large amounts of money.
With other words, the hacked Connor memories made the said hacker-person rich.

Nightmare8767
11-15-2012, 02:21 PM
You probably know this but "vegas here we come" is a phrase that's usually used when people are about to get large amounts of money.

Or not. It all comes down as to if Abstergo is going to let them live lol

I'm pretty sure that whoever hacked the Animus did it for Abstergo, going by the trophy image.

pirate1802
11-15-2012, 02:30 PM

Maybe not rich, but he found something valuable? hint-hint.

Maurice_Wijma
11-15-2012, 03:24 PM
The game guid actually says that there is a very different way of continuing the series, by making the games not based on somebody from the present time, but by making memories a product to sell, and let everybody experience them if they want. So it means that they record the memories, and sell copies of it to people willing to buy, just like we do with the AC series.

It is also confirmed in that guide that the guy you hear is an Abstergo employee. I can't scan these pieces of text, but anybody with the guide is able to read it.

jamgamerforever
11-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Thought it was pretty clear that the hacker was working for Abstergo. William foreshadowed it earlier in the game, "They may be going through my memories even now."

odovoro
11-15-2012, 05:09 PM

hmm... makes sense to me

RatonhnhakeFan
11-15-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm pretty sure that whoever hacked the Animus did it for Abstergo, going by the trophy image.Ohh I haven't seen that before. Hmmm, it could be indeed Abstergo Hackers then

AdrianJacek
11-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Oh yeah! I forgot Abstergo extracted Bill's memories while he was in Italy. I would not mind a sequel with Abstergo employees.

zerocooll21
11-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Oh yeah! I forgot Abstergo extracted Bill's memories while he was in Italy. I would not mind a sequel with Abstergo employees.

What was the source for that?

RatonhnhakeFan
11-15-2012, 07:30 PM
What was the source for that?
One of the bonus conversations with Bill in the Temple. After you rescue him from Abstergo HQs. Though I think he was just speculating that they may have done it.

zerocooll21
11-15-2012, 07:33 PM
AH, gotcha. Thanks bud!

LilyasAvalon
11-16-2012, 02:54 PM
I personally think it's Erudito because he seems the only person capable of hacking an animus aside from Clay and Rebecca.

On a more important note, what need would Abstergo have to go through Connor's memories?

Elegana
11-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Doubt it. "Vegas baby" is the the same as saying "Jackpot, baby!".

Elegana
11-16-2012, 03:03 PM
I personally think it's Erudito because he seems the only person capable of hacking an animus aside from Clay and Rebecca.

On a more important note, what need would Abstergo have to go through Connor's memories?
THANK YOU.

As for the Abstergo bit, it would be to make another "entertainment game" like Liberation. But Abstergo wouldn't need to hack the Animus. They would need to go through Desmond's or Williams Memories for Connor's memories.

zerocooll21
11-16-2012, 03:03 PM
That guy didn't sound like a scholar :p

LilyasAvalon
11-16-2012, 04:38 PM
THANK YOU.

As for the Abstergo bit, it would be to make another "entertainment game" like Liberation. But Abstergo wouldn't need to hack the Animus. They would need to go through Desmond's or Williams Memories for Connor's memories.

Yeah, but the guy clearly actually hacked the animus, he even says so himself, it was the whole point of the pivots was allowing him further access into the animus to do.... stuff.

xboxauditore
11-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Maybe it's Alan Rikkin?

Elegana
11-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Yeah, but the guy clearly actually hacked the animus, he even says so himself, it was the whole point of the pivots was allowing him further access into the animus to do.... stuff.
Yes, but if he was an Abstergo Employee, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't need to hack the Animus to simply obtain Connor's memories (that was my point). Abstergo had successfully "created" Liberation and those memories are from someone else. If Abstergo merely wanted Connor's memories, then they would just need to shuffle through Desmond's or William's memories.