PDA

View Full Version : Lock Picking Glitch!

Swift23Guy
11-14-2012, 11:58 PM
Please address this Ubisoft. It's really quite irritating that alot of us have not been able to pick these locks due to something being wrong with the game. I am not even able to 100% complete the game because of this! I honestly don't even know why you put lock picking in this game when it wasn't in any of the other ACs, doesn't add anything to the gaming experience, and to top it off it doesn't even work for alot of us!

Please anyone else that is having this problem, put your experiences in here so that they know it is an issue that is affecting several gamers not just a couple people.

aContingency
11-15-2012, 02:46 AM
What exactly is the glitch that you are speaking of? I get it's something with lock picking, but what's the problem you are encountering?

Edge0fSanity
11-15-2012, 06:15 AM
I had a lack picking glitch as well (one of the MANY glitches in this unpolished game): About 75% or the time, when I go to pick the lock, the Left hand will go into the top of the keyhole, and when the Right goes to be used, it goes through the wooden part of the box.

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 06:27 AM
when I go to pick the lock, the Left hand will go into the top of the keyhole, and when the Right goes to be used, it goes through the wooden part of the box.
---___________________________________---

Edge0fSanity
11-15-2012, 06:33 AM
as in it goes through the top of the lid. It's off vertically. Like trying to unlock your car door by putting your key into the window.

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 06:40 AM
as in it goes through the top of the lid. It's off vertically. Like trying to unlock your car door by putting your key into the window.
Which Is trivial... Unworthy of mentioning, because it is so trivial as long as the Lock Pick system works fine. Yeah it does, You`re probably just bad at it, OP

I love how no one is willing to perhaps put some blame or at least imply that maybe... JUST MAYBE... The Problem is with him/her, no... Do the easier thing... Game is broken

Roccicious
11-15-2012, 09:41 AM
When this happened to me the top pick was unable to find a vibrating point, but if you press B to back out of lockpicking and go back into it (might have to do this a couple times) it eventually lines up and you can easily pick the lock.

zhengyingli
11-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Do the easier thing... Game is broken
Actually, a lot of reviewers, especially youtube reviewers, are flat-out saying the climbing and combat systems are broken, where I could've sworn from the tone of their review, they didn't feel like adjusting. It is sad that the appearance of several small bugs would be used as an excuse to blame everything else. The only one legitimate bug I've seen are the consumables disappearing after certain missions. Lock-picking became an easy target too, it seems.

Gianavel
11-15-2012, 01:20 PM
There IS a bug in lockpicking. I ran into to chests that I just could not pick. It wasn't a lack of ability on my part - I was able to pick other chests and doors just fine. I'd watch the knob go across the screen as I spammed the right trigger, only to have it reach the end and slide back. Then the system would tell me I had to use the left joystick to find the first tumbler.

I was able to get around it by liberating the area and getting the key, but I know that there were people that hit this glitch out in the Frontier - where there are no keys.