PDA

View Full Version : A somewhat reason why I don't want more Connor

the_atm
11-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Ok not sure if this is aloud, but I don't know if there's room for the text and I don't want a wall of words. So here's a link to something I wrote. I'll give you the basics.
http://www.ign.com/blogs/the_atm/2012/11/14/ezio-or-connor-whos-the-better-character-ill-tell-you-who-spoilers-ahead/
After 3 games of Ezio, I hate him. Ubisoft dried him out of all his personality. it's like that song that you listen to 40 times in a day and you don't like it afterwards. Now connor is interesting and they ended his story right. So keep connor interesting, no more Connor games.

I could start a petition right?

If that links not aloud, I can change it sorry but again, didn't want a long wall of words...

Assassin_M
11-14-2012, 10:15 PM
A Petition to not make another Connor Game ?? Sorry, But No (No, simply means that I strongly disagree)...Also.. I think there can be more important petitions. Like I dunno..."Study Astronomy, Ubisoft The Earth does not go around the Moon Petition" or maybe "Study Horses, Ubisoft. They do not look or move like that petition" or maybe "Hey, Ubisoft. Next time you remove something during development, I`d like to know before you release it"

Yeah, Somethings like that..Not trying to take away from anything you`re trying to do. Just giving my thoughts about it

the_atm
11-14-2012, 10:17 PM
What i'm thinking is Altair was a dull character, Ezio was great until they milked him and now every one i know hates him due to... over milking. the petition was a joke, yes there are way more important things to petition, thus why it was a joke...

Assassin_M
11-14-2012, 10:21 PM
What i'm thinking is Altair was a dull character, Ezio was great until they milked him and now every one i know hates him due to... over milking. the petition was a joke, yes there are way more important things to petition, thus why it was a joke...
What does Altair have to do with this ??
Do you know how many hours were given to Connor ? How many Sequences ? How old was he at the end of the game ?

Connor only had 9 sequences. spanning roughly 20 years. We finished with him at 27 Years old... So No.. I definitely want more Connor

Chocoburger
11-14-2012, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't mind more Connor. If Ubisoft follows this one-game-a-year process, I would fully expect to see Connor return. Note that Ubisoft has hinted they may even bring back Aveline for AC Liberation 2. So if Aveline can make a return, Connor would most likely. Plus I still feel there is more room for him to grow. That being said, due to other story issues I will not get into, we may get another historical character to play through. We'll see!

zhengyingli
11-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Quite the contrary, after all the naive choices Connor has made over the course of the game, he showed growth very close to the end. I'd say Connor's just getting started. As for Ezio, Brotherhood kind of stagnated in terms of Ezio's growth as a character. It was not until Revelations that he started to be at peace with diaries from Altair. If the next Connor game combines the best of Brotherhood (gameplay tweaks) and Revelations (character development), I'll be content.

the_atm
11-14-2012, 10:30 PM
I don't really feel like getting into an argument right now, especially over a video game.

Ok so Altair was a dull character, by the end of the Ezio trilogy Ezio was a dull character. thus far Assassin's creed has a history of dull characters.
At this point, Connor is not dull.

Sure Connor did not get allot of ti- yes he did, I got a good 15 hours out of him, not to mention the DLC.

I guess thinking back on it, sure we did not get allot of Connor, They could do annother game of Connor but I just hope they don't pull an Ezio and ruin him to. do you get what I mean?

and still, the petition was a joke.

Assassin_M
11-14-2012, 10:35 PM
I don't really feel like getting into an argument right now, especially over a video game.

Ok so Altair was a dull character, by the end of the Ezio trilogy Ezio was a dull character. thus far Assassin's creed has a history of dull characters.
At this point, Connor is not dull.

Sure Connor did not get allot of ti- yes he did, I got a good 15 hours out of him, not to mention the DLC.

I guess thinking back on it, sure we did not get allot of Connor, They could do annother game of Connor but I just hope they don't pull an Ezio and ruin him to. do you get what I mean?

and still, the petition was a joke.
Again, What does Altair have to do with this ?? Guy only got one game and a few "Cristina caliber" memories... He does not quite fit into your Plight that more games with the same character make him Dull... (Its not a fact BTW) Evidence: Nathan Drake, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon... etc

the_atm
11-14-2012, 10:40 PM
I said that the series does not have a good history with characters, they all, except for Connor atm, are somewhat boring and or dull. Altair fits into that.

Assassin_M
11-14-2012, 10:42 PM
I said that the series does not have a good history with characters, they all, except for Connor atm, are somewhat boring and or dull. Altair fits into that.
Which is Subjective...Agree, though that many Characters are not memorable or engaging..

Mr_Shade
11-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Between you and me.. petitions never work..

Assassin_M
11-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Between you and me.. petitions never work..
Of course they work. Remember that "Please make armor removable petition" since AC II ?? That worked like a charm... Or the current "Let us Unequip weapons petition" I`m sure that`ll work too... just like the armor Petition..

You`re just too modest..
You guys are the best:)

MT4K
11-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Which is Subjective...Agree, though that many Characters are not memorable or engaging..

Especialy that Assassin_M guy....

Assassin_M
11-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Especialy that Assassin_M guy....
Shade thinks I am exillirating.. Take that

Mr_Shade
11-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Shade thinks I am exillirating.. Take that
no.. the word was exacerbating..

Close!

FirestarLuva
11-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Sure many people saw ACB and ACR as milking the franchise, I don't blame them. ACB was great but Ezio should have ended there. Revelations should have never happened, in my opinion.
As for Connor, I really think he deserves another game, for the first time I can't call it milking, I've seen many people say they want another game with him. I mean, Ezio had 14 sequences in his original game, while Connor had 9, not to add he was hardly 27 in the end while Ezio was 39/40. Also, when people asked Alex if there'll be another game with him, he just skipped the question while the other devs posted things off-topic, so if there wasn't going to be another Connor game, if they head straight with ACIV they would've said it right there. Also, Ubi are aware people want a French Revoluton spin-off with Connor, they say it's been asked about it a lot. And just to add, they said the Connor reception has been great. :3 All on the Reddit podcast yesterday.
So, please Ubi make another game with Connor, many love him, there are haters, it's normal for every character in any media, and make it at least 12 sequences or long enough so it doesn't have to span into a trilogy. Connor has a lot more potential and if it's all handled carefully, his duology will prove more successful that Ezio's trilogy.

Lass4r
11-15-2012, 12:41 AM
And just to add, they said the Connor reception has been great. :3 .

They said the Connor reception was "great"?! Oh cmon Ubisoft, it hasn't been great at all. He's not terrible, but most of what fascinated me about the story is not about Connor, but the people around him.

They're just looking for an excuse to make another game with him.

zhengyingli
11-15-2012, 12:45 AM
They said the Connor reception was "great"?! Oh cmon Ubisoft, it hasn't been great at all. He's not terrible, but most of what fascinated me about the story is not about Connor, but the people around him.

That's only your opinion though, as there are a bunch of Connor fans running around this forum. Of ourse Ubisoft would use us Connor fans as an excuse.

Razrback16
11-15-2012, 12:51 AM

From what I've seen it's been pretty mixed. Some folks really like him, some hate him, some are in the middle, but I haven't really seen a definitive leaning toward any of those so far just from what I'm seeing here in the forums and folks I have talked to in person.

OP: I'm unsure as far as another Connor game. I don't like his character a whole lot -- but it's not the worst ever, either. I'd just like to see some significant character development as we saw with Ezio which was lacking in AC3 IMO. Time will tell I suppose.

Jexx21
11-15-2012, 02:53 AM
The people who don't like his character should be the people wanting another game with him... to develop his character. But of course people don't think like that...

Also, I think that Altair and Ezio's characters are great... but hey, maybe that's just me.

I haven't played AC3 yet.

TwoDents
11-15-2012, 02:53 AM
While I do agree with Ezio getting very stale by Revelations, I think Connor should at least have one more game. Seems fitting. When they are first introduced, they are young, possibly reckless. By the second game, they are older and wiser. I personally like Connor just a tiny bit more than Ezio. Instead of chasing women, he is chasing Freedom. 'Merica.

If Connor is back in the next Creed, I am really hoping for a chieftain look, like this. Possibly with awesome facial hair.

http://images.vg247.com/current//2012/09/pfPCi-439x600.jpg

Iamsosobad
11-15-2012, 04:40 AM
I think people are giving Ezio too hard of a time in regards to Revelations. Sure, the aging Ezio wasn't as entertaining as he was in his first too games, but he was still an immensely likable character. The problem with Revelations wasn't just with Ezio either, the entire storyline just wasn't as interesting as the previous games (although I did love Altair's parts.) Anyway, I'd be down for another Connor game, IF he was given a lot more development and grew into a better character. Because right now, I'd take Ezio at his dullest over AC3 Connor anyday.

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 04:42 AM
I'd be down for another Connor game, IF he was given a lot more development and grew into a better character. Because right now, I'd take Ezio at his dullest over AC3 Connor anyday.
So basically morph Connor into a Native Ezio..

Iamsosobad
11-15-2012, 04:45 AM
When did I say I wanted him to be a womanizing, wisecracking assassin like Ezio? I agree that we've seen enough of Ezio, I want a new and different character. I'm just not satisfied with the tool we were given.

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 04:46 AM
When did I say I wanted him to be a womanizing, wisecracking assassin like Ezio? I agree that we've seen enough of Ezio, I want a new and different character. I'm just not satisfied with the tool we were given.
Tell me how you think Connor can be a "Better Character"

Iamsosobad
11-15-2012, 04:57 AM
Maybe next time he can actually think about what he's doing and why he's killing people, instead of just murdering anyone who believes in the Templar ideology? Maybe he can actually engage in conversation with someone and say something besides "I'm the best, JUSTICE, must kill Templars." Maybe he can show some kind of affection towards anyone or anything next time? I'd also like to see him work with other assassins and allies, and if he cared about spreading the idea of justice, spread it to others and teach people, don't just kill anyone who has a different viewpoint that you.

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 05:17 AM
Maybe next time he can actually think about what he's doing and why he's killing people, instead of just murdering anyone who believes in the Templar ideology? Maybe he can actually engage in conversation with someone and say something besides "I'm the best, JUSTICE, must kill Templars." Maybe he can show some kind of affection towards anyone or anything next time? I'd also like to see him work with other assassins and allies, and if he cared about spreading the idea of justice, spread it to others and teach people, don't just kill anyone who has a different viewpoint that you.
That`s what pretty much what Every Assassin Protagonist was like..Ezio and Altair knew they were the best at what they did..Mind you, Ezio was a little louder at stating it (I`m not mentioning A-Hole Altair)

Not to mention that Connor did show regret and doubt when killing or ordered to kill. Something that Ezio nor Altair never showed..Altair only needed to be told that the men he murdered were Templars and Ezio... Well...He only had to be told "Look ! That man had a hand in killing your father and brothers"

I suggest you pay more attention to Connor`s interaction with a Haytham...

Iamsosobad
11-15-2012, 05:58 AM
(Spoiler heavy post for anyone who hasnt played the game)
I'll admit that you're right in that every assassin so far has kinda killed Templars, mainly because they're Templars, but it's a lot more understandable in Altair and Ezio's cases than Connor. Altair was born into the old school Assassin Order, he was literally born and raised to kill Templars, it was the only thing he knew. Ezio's family was murdered in front of him because they tried to stop evil men from doing evil things. I think most people here would try to honor their families by stopping the scheme that they died because of, and killing those responsible for their deaths if they had the ability to. Connor decides he needs to kill Templars to protect his village, after some lady in a crystal ball tells him to. So he goes along murdering people who are trying to protect his people, and other people who are trying to aid the revolution that he favors, because they're Templars. Then, he meets his father who explains to him that Connor and the Templars have basically the same motivations for their actions, and try's to get Connor to work with him toward a common goal. However, the whole time Connor insists that Charles Lee (who is obviously Haytham's good friend at that point,) must die because he burned Connor's village and is responsible for the death of his mother. It's totally understandable for Connor to want to kill Charles Lee because of this, but then Haytham shows Connor that Lee wasn't even responsible for the burning of the village, it was actually George Washington's fault. Despite the fact that Connor no longer has any reason to kill Lee, he's still completely adamant on doing it because well...uhh...he pushed him against a tree 20 years before? So Connor wants to murder Lee for basically no reason, but he gets mad at his dad for killing enemy soldiers? I don't blame Haytham for eventually giving up on him and trying to kill Connor, Connor was a hypocrite and an idiot.

Iamsosobad
11-15-2012, 06:00 AM
Despite my opinions right now, I'm still gonna play the game again fairly soon to see if I can get anymore enjoyment and understanding out of it on a second playthrough.

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 06:06 AM
(Spoiler heavy post for anyone who hasnt played the game)
I'll admit that you're right in that every assassin so far has kinda killed Templars, mainly because they're Templars, but it's a lot more understandable in Altair and Ezio's cases than Connor. Altair was born into the old school Assassin Order, he was literally born and raised to kill Templars, it was the only thing he knew. Ezio's family was murdered in front of him because they tried to stop evil men from doing evil things. I think most people here would try to honor their families by stopping the scheme that they died because of, and killing those responsible for their deaths if they had the ability to. Connor decides he needs to kill Templars to protect his village, after some lady in a crystal ball tells him to. So he goes along murdering people who are trying to protect his people, and other people who are trying to aid the revolution that he favors, because they're Templars. Then, he meets his father who explains to him that Connor and the Templars have basically the same motivations for their actions, and try's to get Connor to work with him toward a common goal. However, the whole time Connor insists that Charles Lee (who is obviously Haytham's good friend at that point,) must die because he burned Connor's village and is responsible for the death of his mother. It's totally understandable for Connor to want to kill Charles Lee because of this, but then Haytham shows Connor that Lee wasn't even responsible for the burning of the village, it was actually George Washington's fault. Despite the fact that Connor no longer has any reason to kill Lee, he's still completely adamant on doing it because well...uhh...he pushed him against a tree 20 years before? So Connor wants to murder Lee for basically no reason, but he gets mad at his dad for killing enemy soldiers? I don't blame Haytham for eventually giving up on him and trying to kill Connor, Connor was a hypocrite and an idiot.
All flaws in a Character, my friend Connor is indeed an Idiot, but that should be looked upon as genius writing. Do you want a perfect Protagonist ? Who has all the answers ? Doing nothing, but commendable things ? Or someone who makes you question ? Someone who enforces the thought of "Hmm Did I really have to do that ?" Connor killed Templars, because he knew what they Ultimately wanted. Control. He`s an Assassin. He`s sworn to protect the freedom of the Human Race. It`s his Job. I do not care if he was not bred to hunt Templars. HE IS AN ASSASSIN.

He also wanted to Protect Washington, because to him, killing Washington would disrupt the Revolution. It`s his actions that arouse question, because they`re not perfect and are questionable.. You calling him an Idiot and questioning his actions is evidence of the Genius of Connor`s Character..

zhengyingli
11-15-2012, 06:44 AM
While I do agree with Ezio getting very stale by Revelations, I think Connor should at least have one more game. Seems fitting. When they are first introduced, they are young, possibly reckless. By the second game, they are older and wiser. I personally like Connor just a tiny bit more than Ezio. Instead of chasing women, he is chasing Freedom. 'Merica.

If Connor is back in the next Creed, I am really hoping for a chieftain look, like this. Possibly with awesome facial hair.

http://images.vg247.com/current//2012/09/pfPCi-439x600.jpg

I really really wish he sniffs out his tribe and becomes Chieftain at the very least. I don't know about a group of Native American assassins though, but I hope Connor will be instrumental in re-establishing the colony Brotherhood.

FirestarLuva
11-16-2012, 12:41 AM
All flaws in a Character, my friend Connor is indeed an Idiot, but that should be looked upon as genius writing. Do you want a perfect Protagonist ? Who has all the answers ? Doing nothing, but commendable things ? Or someone who makes you question ? Someone who enforces the thought of "Hmm Did I really have to do that ?" Connor killed Templars, because he knew what they Ultimately wanted. Control. He`s an Assassin. He`s sworn to protect the freedom of the Human Race. It`s his Job. I do not care if he was not bred to hunt Templars. HE IS AN ASSASSIN.

He also wanted to Protect Washington, because to him, killing Washington would disrupt the Revolution. It`s his actions that arouse question, because they`re not perfect and are questionable.. You calling him an Idiot and questioning his actions is evidence of the Genius of Connor`s Character..

Lol, that's the same thing Maixme Durand and Matt Turner said at the Reddit podcast. I agree with everything. It was kind of boring Ezio being the 'good guy' all the time and doing the right thing, re-establishing the Brotherhood, liberating Rome and other stuff. What I love about AC3 and Connor is that, even though he's the main character, he doesn't necessarily have to be the good guy and Haytham the bad. Before the game was out, I hoped they make Connor evil during some point of the game. :3

dchil279
11-16-2012, 03:05 AM
Connor>Altair>Ezio

Ezio may have been the most loveable character but the character progression that Altair has in the original AC and Connor humble nature make me appreciate them as characters more than Ezio