PDA

View Full Version : Is there a trick to Mini-games?

WarriorAegis
11-14-2012, 05:39 PM
I keep losing. Not that it's a problem (I have 85k pounds. >.>), but I want to win 500 pounds in games and get that game achievement.

The problem is... I'm in Sequence 10, haven't started the first mission yet, and all the games I find are intermediate or expert. I keep getting owned repeatedly, and I'm wondering, is there an easier way of doing these games. Is there a trick or two? Please let me know.

Gianavel
11-14-2012, 05:53 PM
There's a Bocce court that eventually appears near the dock in the Homestead that's beginner. That's where I got my 500 pounds.

WarriorAegis
11-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Cool. When did it appear?

Slifer2880
11-15-2012, 12:02 AM
It appears as a homestead mission, u just gotta play through them. And also, im having the same problem with getting the trophy for winning the 3 homestead games, cuz their a pain in the ***.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-15-2012, 12:09 AM
I don't know the english name for this game, but play this one:
http://img1.cokupicstatic.pl/c_big1779199.jpg

With a guy next to Aquilla in the Homestead. I think it's the easiest one and that's how I got my 500 pounds. I kept losing in other ones

Slifer2880
11-15-2012, 01:37 AM
Thats Checkers, lol

blacklimoband
11-15-2012, 02:31 AM
Yeah, I won on the checkers, but the bowls and the other games... GAH!!!! Achilles is a demon... I cannot beat him, and the bowls is crap... throw a perfect shot (right next to the jack) and the AI still wins....

devildog789
11-15-2012, 02:38 AM
I don't really understand why people find it hard... Once you fully learn the rules to 9 or 12 mens Morris, it becomes easy. You just actually have to have play with some strategy. I usual win, but it takes around 30-40 minutes to win. I found Bowls to be the easiest in the game though.. Maybe it's just me, but I thought they're kinda easy.

WarriorAegis
11-15-2012, 03:51 AM
I'm just not good with strategy board games. :P

Slifer2880
11-15-2012, 04:30 AM
lol @devildog and Regal, Achilles IS a demon, cuz its on expert, and so is the guy inside the inn, the 2 easiest are checkers and bowls, but checkers isn't apart of the trophy/achievement unfortunately.

devildog789
11-15-2012, 04:48 AM
I just find board games like Checkers and Chess interesting. I like the strategy to it. Maybe that's why I find it easy. But I do know I felt amazing when I beat the guy in the Inn.. It was my first victory on expert, and I felt like God. Haha!

blacklimoband
11-15-2012, 04:52 AM
It's a bummer that you can't pull the old "Hey look, it's [insert favorite distraction here]" and move/remove some pieces from the board when they look away...
<.<
>.>
<.<
>.<
<.> - OUCH!!!!

jamgamerforever
11-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Well, I got the Old Gamer trophy legit, but it took me hours. I actually found Nine Men's Morris on expert much harder than Fanorona (which I really enjoy actually).

It took hours, and hours, and hours, but eventually you can win them.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Thats Checkers, lol

Yeah hi, not everyone is a native English speaker and knows all words.

F4H bandicoot
11-15-2012, 05:34 PM
I've beat Fanorona and Nines men Morris (Bows lsn't unlocked yet in this playthrough), Morris I'm rather good at and beat him first shot :) Achilles is a pain but he is often quite predictable, and you should always go second.

Kytr
11-16-2012, 12:29 AM
I found bowls much harder to win than any other game. The computer never seems to miss a toss and at least 1 in 4 of your tosses will not land in the target circle (not the small bit in the center, the big one that shows the limits). And, when you miss, it gives the worst possible result every time. The other games you can at least control.

The trick to beating the innkeeper is to get ahead on pieces, then beat him while he still has 4 pieces left. If you ever take him to 3 the best you can get is a tie. As for Fandango, look for multiple moves (both ways -- don't neglect your defense).

Checkers with the guy by the ship in homestead is definitely the easiest way to win the 500 (at least losses don't count against you for that total). He does seem to play better if more money is on the line, but is always beatable.