PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Mechanic Idea

Aura of Souls
11-14-2012, 04:26 PM
With all the complaints about the "hood issue" which I could care less either way. I had an idea to up the stealth mechanics of the game and give it more of a real feel. So bare with me while I try to explain it.

It revolves around changing your appearance to lose notoriety. This would replace (or possibly work with) the whole bride/poster mechanic currently in use. Nororiety would decrease by doing small actions after escaping the guards, like lowering or raising your hood, losing or equip a cloak (maybe even turn cloak inside out for new color?)

Picture running by a civilian and snatching a cloak off their back in order to change your appearance and blend in!

This would also open up more ways of customizing our assassin for those who like to edit our characters.

With this system I think the rate at with you gain and lose notoriety, as well as the rate and speed you are noticed and investigated by guards, should be effected by how many visbile weapons are on your assassin. Sure you hide in a crowd, but the guy with multiple pistols, sword, knives, etc kind of sticks out a little more...

Hope I did well enough trying to explain some of my ideas. Let me know what you think! YOU TOO, UBI!

Thanks!
-Aura of Souls

RyokuMC
11-14-2012, 04:42 PM
This is a great idea!

But is impossible to put that in AC3.... maybe in the next game they do that

Aura of Souls
11-14-2012, 05:14 PM
I realize its impossible for AC3. I just want to pass on some ideas to the developers for the future!

talon97turbo
11-14-2012, 06:59 PM
They need a crouch button!! It would help so much to be more stealthy with out a stocking zone.

Aura of Souls
11-15-2012, 02:14 PM
I really never saw the need for a crouch... when the character needs to crouch... he does it. I can understand wanting to have control and do it yourself though. I seem to be one of the few that hate that they took the puppeteer system out. I don't want the game to play for me... I want to control my character.

ProdiGurl
11-15-2012, 05:47 PM
I think it's a great idea but I'd like some form of challenge to be there in acquiring the costume change... like you have to get to a Tailor shop to do it or some people you try to take a cloak off of might not let you and puts up a fight, Or, they scream out for guards & get you more noticed.... etc. etc.
Something like that maybe.

I do like being able to crouch too as a suggestion up there - at least on some rooftops or behind obstacles (boxes, crates etc.).
But maybe just not everywhere.

BBALive
11-15-2012, 08:12 PM
They need a crouch button!! It would help so much to be more stealthy with out a stocking zone.

Crouching won't really help you in a city environment.

Sort of unrelated, but I thought it'd be pretty cool if the player character kept his hood down while anonymous (though it would be toggleable for those that want the hood up at all times), but once you become anonymous they contextually put the hood up to hide their identity. Not really a stealth mechanic, just a small detail.