PDA

View Full Version : Encyclopedia - 2nd Edition (SPOILERS)

LilyasAvalon
11-14-2012, 03:02 PM
So, does it state 2012 as Desmond's date of death? Yay or Nay?

im3jia
11-14-2012, 09:44 PM
[SPOILER]

Yes, it says he dies.

AntiChrist7
11-14-2012, 09:45 PM
cant remember 100% if its explicitly says 2012, but they used the word "perished" for what happened after the touched the orb.

has been asked already i think

LilyasAvalon
11-15-2012, 01:19 PM
... Pics or it didn't happen. :<

zerocooll21
11-15-2012, 01:42 PM
haha I'll snap one 2night if I get a chance. He's toast.

LilyasAvalon
11-15-2012, 03:19 PM
*continues to be in denial*

im3jia
11-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Are we allowed to post pictures from the Encyclopedia?

If it's okay, I post one too when I get home :)

im3jia
11-16-2012, 02:01 AM
I don't know how to get the URL from photos i've taken, so I'll just type it:

"Desmond hesitated before choosing whether to save the world, thus freeing Juno, or to end the world. Desmond and his group were suspicious of Juno's intentions and questioned the distance between Juno and Minerva. In spite of he destructive potential of Juno's plans, Desmond had no desire to be responsible for the end of the world and its total reconstruction. Despite the danger to the future of the human race, Desmond paid with his life and chose to free Juno. Desmond was convinced that Juno could eventually be defeated, whereas with Armageddon, there was no return possible.

"Soon afterwards, the sky began to shimmer, reminiscent of an auroa borealis. The Earth's atmosphere suffered raging electrical storms, while massive seismis activity shook the ground below, inceasing in intensity until suddenly the sky became clear and quiet. The world was saved.

"With Desmond's death, the First Civilization Temple began to undergo major transformations, resurecting ancient devices and structures. Desmond had played his part by sacrificing his own life, and now Juno could start to impose her plan" (p 169).

zerocooll21
11-16-2012, 02:10 AM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f10/zerocooll21/91514812-4979-4B4A-AD80-A1A53A31D8EF-8810-000005C21D1E9AD6.jpg

dchil279
11-16-2012, 03:19 AM
as soon as i finished the game i ran to check my copy in disbelief and to my disappointment it said he died. What a ****ty way to kill off the protagonist.

LilyasAvalon
11-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Perished doesn't exactly mean dead though.

Well, whether he's dead dead or just taking a nap, no way that's the last we'll see of desmond, thanks guys. :)

im3jia
11-16-2012, 04:47 PM
It's wierd how my copy and zerocooll21's don't say the same thing.... on page 169 right?

On mine it days "With Desmond's death.." and on the picture, it says "Demand perished..."

zerocooll21
11-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Really?? I wasn't aware they made different 2nd Edtions. I wonder what else is off lolol

im3jia
11-16-2012, 06:07 PM
I'll upload a photo later today.

Em-Man
11-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Did the encyclopedia ever make it clear what Juno meant by the sixth solution requiring something "wrong" if you wanted to reverse the effects of transcendence?
I can't stop thinking that she meant possessing Desmond's body.

zerocooll21
11-17-2012, 04:05 AM
I'll upload a photo later today.

ha my page for Desmond's last is 181.

Did the encyclopedia ever make it clear what Juno meant by the sixth solution requiring something "wrong" if you wanted to reverse the effects of transcendence?
I can't stop thinking that she meant possessing Desmond's body.

Some wrong was a person had to die I believe. I will read an get back. Been wicked busy have even had time to read.

PurpleHaze1980
11-17-2012, 06:38 AM
Desmond's death was the most unceremoniously poorly written piece of gaming I have seen since in years. No goodbyes from Shaun or Rebecca, even his father left him without much of a fight. It was pretty anti-climatic, and not really fitting of someone who would sacrifice himself to save the world. It ruined the storyline for me when Desmond dies. I knew he was going to, but not as pointlessly. Really...after spending (what is it, months?) in the Animus, taking on skills of his ancestors, to maybe kill forty guards at Abstergo and then be snuffed out like a burning out candle? The word 'Fail' comes to mind.

Perhaps he'll appear somewhere like Subject 16, after so much exposure to the Animus, perhaps parts of him will live on too even if his body 'perished'. Every now and then when I load the game (after having completed the game) Desmond still shows up in that pre-game animus loading screen (I don't know what it's called!) and my heart lifts a little, thinking..."maybe he's not really gone.".

I tell you, if ACIII makes it to a movie storyline, wanna bet THAT part gets re-written?

LilyasAvalon
11-17-2012, 09:40 AM
... Dude, the hell are you even on here complaining about that for? Go do that in another topic please.

zerocooll21
11-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Desmond's death was the most unceremoniously poorly written piece of gaming I have seen since in years. No goodbyes from Shaun or Rebecca, even his father left him without much of a fight. It was pretty anti-climatic, and not really fitting of someone who would sacrifice himself to save the world. It ruined the storyline for me when Desmond dies. I knew he was going to, but not as pointlessly. Really...after spending (what is it, months?) in the Animus, taking on skills of his ancestors, to maybe kill forty guards at Abstergo and then be snuffed out like a burning out candle? The word 'Fail' comes to mind.

Perhaps he'll appear somewhere like Subject 16, after so much exposure to the Animus, perhaps parts of him will live on too even if his body 'perished'. Every now and then when I load the game (after having completed the game) Desmond still shows up in that pre-game animus loading screen (I don't know what it's called!) and my heart lifts a little, thinking..."maybe he's not really gone.".

I tell you, if ACIII makes it to a movie storyline, wanna bet THAT part gets re-written?

Come here an elaborate :D

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/724132-Spoiler-AC-3-Ending-Poll-Spoiler?p=8706778#post8706778

im3jia
11-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Really?? I wasn't aware they made different 2nd Edtions. I wonder what else is off lolol

I found out why the pages are different. I saw "Desmond's death..." on page 169, in the END OF THE WORLD POSTPONED section. While you used what was on page181, under the DESMOND MILES section.

zerocooll21
11-17-2012, 11:01 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHA Derp :p