PDA

View Full Version : Why do the controls for AC3 have to be so awkward?

Oronra1989
11-14-2012, 06:20 AM
I don't know about any of you but I kept losing patience with it,when I was trying to do simple things that the puppeteering concept in the previous ones did perfectly he'd do something else.
And the targeting system in this one is worse than ever, he doesn't even care who I've got the reticule on, he randomly shoots and stabs things.

e.g. Annnnnnd shoot the sentry.....shoot the sentry....shoooooot the sentry. Nope he's seen you.
Roll through the guards.....nooooo don't jump ON one.
Hop over the wall annnnnd stab....okkkk he didn't even bother to stop.
Sneak round the tree and shoot the redcoat....noooooo not the hare.

He ignores three quarters of the commands I give him.

And the synchronization is getting silly "DO it like this" you can't even do it any other way in this one, the last one at least gave you the choice to ignore it.
I'd rather watch a movie than play a game with tons of variety only when nothing interesting's happening, you let me sneak up on the beaver but not the Templar????

Other than that brilliant game, good story, epic in it's history, gameplay's gotta improve though sorry guys

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Hi, please post this in this thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Gameplay-Feedback-DO-NOT-POST-SPOILERS

pacmanate
11-14-2012, 01:24 PM
You just suck at the game.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-14-2012, 02:09 PM
You just suck at the game.

No need for that comment.

Missyoober
11-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Lmao, I hate the horse controls more than anything xD

machetefight
11-14-2012, 04:34 PM
^ lol I hate riding horses too, they're so awkward and difficult to control and move. I hate how in open combat you have to press counter for everything!! Unless you have a kill streak of course but still. It's annoying

ProdiGurl
11-14-2012, 05:01 PM
You know, I'm not having that problem other than sometimes sluggish secondary weapon issues - like the gun not shooting exactly when I click "Y" - but I'm about sure it's becuz when I'm a fight with like 5 guards, I'm not hitting it when the option is available or something (my timing).
When I'm fighting, I don't pay any attn to the HUD, I'm just engrossed in my buttons & watching the fight/guards etc.

I don't know how far along you are in the game, but I'm finding the more I practice fighting, the better I'm getting w/ the new controls and I'm loving them.
As for the horses..... ya - I ended up just running everywhere unless I'm going to be going long distances on wide, completely flat roads. :rolleyes:
Out of the few issues w/ the game, that's one of them. lol But as for the new streamlined controls, they're great.