PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 Double pistol kills/ secondary weapon double kills

FL4PPYflap
11-14-2012, 05:31 AM
Hey everybody,

So I just found out you can do double kills with your primary weapon and secondary weapons, like in AC Brotherhood, where you would hold X or B and you would go through an animation where you would stab a guy with your sword, and shoot another guy dead. Or you would kill a guy with your knife, and throw a knife at another guy to kill him.

In this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnLOdWPKSQE

How do you do double kills with pistols like at 1:00, 2:20, 2:55, and at 3:34?

I'm not talking about double counters, or when you press triange or Y on a counter (you can do this to do counter kill animations with your rope dart, pistol, and even snares) , I'm talking about when Connor goes through an animation where he'll stab a guy with his tomahawk, and shoot a guy behind him with his pistol while his tomahawk is still dug in deep into the guy's shoulder.

I remember before the game was released, IGN or Ubisoft released a video where a scene of combat was shone where Connor did what I am talking about.

He shoved the barrel of his pistol into a redcoat's face, moved him over to where he was parallel with a guy behind him, and fired a shot killing them both.

Does anyone know how to do this or at least know what I'm talking about lol?

GunnarGunderson
11-14-2012, 05:56 AM
press the secondary fire button in place of the attack button when you're close to an enemy (you must have a killchain in progress)

TiFo xStealthZ
11-15-2012, 12:19 AM
found it out too just a few days ago. Now I'm in love with those moves! you can do it pressing Y - triangle in killchain. that means killing at least one guy by just pressing X - square, and not directly after a counter.

Razrback16
11-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Nice informative thread, here, thanks fellas.

FL4PPYflap
11-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Hah, thanks guys, you are a big help. Now I can enjoy these awesome animations!

Rakheton
11-15-2012, 02:45 AM
Wait, so can someone confirm if what the thread starter is referring to JUST a COUNTER [when there are 2 TRIANGLES ABOVE THEIR HEAD] or is it double assassination because you have to do it?

THE VIDEO REVEALS THAT THE TWO ENEMIES ARE TOO FAR AWAY TO BE DONE COUNTER

JACKEDRAM1500
11-15-2012, 02:54 AM
How exactly does this work? You counter one guy and while killing him counter the next guy with triangle?

Sorry i'm not sure.

BBALive
11-15-2012, 03:09 AM
Press triangle/Y instead of square/X during a killstreak. It's kind of hit and miss with the pistol, but it works everytime with the ropedart.

It isn't a counter.

Rakheton
11-15-2012, 03:12 AM
Won't this just simply shoot them? Do you have to do this after killing more than 1 guard or what?

JACKEDRAM1500
11-15-2012, 03:23 AM
Press triangle/Y instead of square/X during a killstreak. It's kind of hit and miss with the pistol, but it works everytime with the ropedart.

It isn't a counter.

Yeah but that will only kill one person. No?

I think i did this once but i couldn't figure out how to again.

Rakheton
11-15-2012, 03:45 AM
Yeah but that will only kill one person. No?

I think i did this once but i couldn't figure out how to again.

yeah........

JACKEDRAM1500
11-15-2012, 04:13 AM
Is a killchain when you're in the middle of one hit killing everyone. Like you use a finishing move on the first guy and then you can continue finishing moves on the other guys?

Is it during this that the gun can be used to kill the next guy type thing?

Someone needs to explain when exactly this is done. lol

Rakheton
11-15-2012, 04:20 AM
Is a killchain when you're in the middle of one hit killing everyone. Like you use a finishing move on the first guy and then you can continue finishing moves on the other guys?

Is it during this that the gun can be used to kill the next guy type thing?

Someone needs to explain when exactly this is done. lol

100% agree

JACKEDRAM1500
11-15-2012, 05:08 AM
100% agree

Ok so i figured it out. It was how i said.

When your going through combos on the first guys and you get to the finishing move that's when you hit triangle to start a cinematic to kill the next guy with your gun.

JACKEDRAM1500
11-15-2012, 05:09 AM
Double post.

Rakheton
11-16-2012, 05:07 AM

When your going through combos on the first guys and you get to the finishing move that's when you hit triangle to start a cinematic to kill the next guy with your gun.

Can someone try this and confirm?

tkarenko
11-16-2012, 05:14 AM

This seems to work as long as the next enemy you kill is a normal class enemy.

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 10:48 AM
press the secondary fire button in place of the attack button when you're close to an enemy (you must have a killchain in progress)
Wow, can't wait to try that:cool:

savill81
11-16-2012, 12:12 PM
This is 100% confirmed and working i was doing it all night last night so that i could see the new kill animations, i knew you could counter with your secondary weapon but did realise until i read this thread that you could use them with in a kill chain.
This is what you need to do:
1) Start a fight.
2) Kill the first dude, whether it be with a combo (4-5 standard hits) or you kill the dude with a counter kill.
3) once the first dude is dead you can now perform a kill chain, this is done by pushing your analogue stick in the direction of the next dude to kill and pressing the hit button, X or Y (console dependent) and you will then instantly kill him without needing to hit him 4-5 times or performing a counter, this move will only really work on enemy NPCs that can be killed with a counter kill, the larger or more difficult enemies that require you to strip the weapon first cannot be quick killed like this unless you are close enough and they are flinching.
4) once your kill chain is activated, instead of using your main weapon X or Y button you will press the Triangle or X button (the button you press to fire your bow, pistols, rope darts) this will then make Connor kill two people at once (Like a special counter but without using the counter button), where he will use his main weapon on the first dude and then use his secondary weapon on a second dude, the second and be of any class and will die instantly along with the first dude, i have only tried this with pistols, but i will try it tonight with rope darts, poison darts and my bow to see what happens.

Note: You must be close enough the NPC to perform the quick kill, just like with the main weapon, if you are too far away he will not perform the quick kill, instead he will just shoot the dude you are looking at, if you are close enough for a quick kill then the double kill will be activated.

Oh and thank you OP for showing this.

Rakheton
11-16-2012, 11:28 PM
WOULD someone like to make a video of this?

kriegerdesgottes
11-17-2012, 06:01 AM
This is 100% confirmed and working i was doing it all night last night so that i could see the new kill animations, i knew you could counter with your secondary weapon but did realise until i read this thread that you could use them with in a kill chain.
This is what you need to do:
1) Start a fight.
2) Kill the first dude, whether it be with a combo (4-5 standard hits) or you kill the dude with a counter kill.
3) once the first dude is dead you can now perform a kill chain, this is done by pushing your analogue stick in the direction of the next dude to kill and pressing the hit button, X or Y (console dependent) and you will then instantly kill him without needing to hit him 4-5 times or performing a counter, this move will only really work on enemy NPCs that can be killed with a counter kill, the larger or more difficult enemies that require you to strip the weapon first cannot be quick killed like this unless you are close enough and they are flinching.
4) once your kill chain is activated, instead of using your main weapon X or Y button you will press the Triangle or X button (the button you press to fire your bow, pistols, rope darts) this will then make Connor kill two people at once (Like a special counter but without using the counter button), where he will use his main weapon on the first dude and then use his secondary weapon on a second dude, the second and be of any class and will die instantly along with the first dude, i have only tried this with pistols, but i will try it tonight with rope darts, poison darts and my bow to see what happens.

Note: You must be close enough the NPC to perform the quick kill, just like with the main weapon, if you are too far away he will not perform the quick kill, instead he will just shoot the dude you are looking at, if you are close enough for a quick kill then the double kill will be activated.

Oh and thank you OP for showing this.

Yes! This helped me figure it out. The trick is being around 2 or more guys that you can kill streak and then pointing the analog stick towards the guy (as long as there is at least another guy there) and then hit triangle/X. Now it works for me almost every time. Sometimes the guys aren't standing close enough or they are all the harder to kill guys with axes but this is how you do it.

FL4PPYflap
11-18-2012, 04:03 AM
Ok...I'll try and clear up some confusion as I figured out how to do this.

So what you'll need to do is enter conflict with lets say three our four guys at attack distance. You also have to be using a sword or tomahawk, it won't work with hidden blade.

You will need to counter attack someone or streak kill someone. Then point the left stick at an enemy and instead of pressing square or X to streak kill him, press triangle of Y. The enemy you are doing the animation on must have another enemy rat a reasonable distance away.

If the enemies are not at the right distance, you might simply shoot the target you intended to perform the animation on. You cannot perform the animation on the brutes (guys with big axes) or jagers as they block streak kills.
Hope that helped :)

sanghee524
11-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Ok...I'll try and clear up some confusion as I figured out how to do this.

So what you'll need to do is enter conflict with lets say three our four guys at attack distance. You also have to be using a sword or tomahawk, it won't work with hidden blade.

You will need to counter attack someone or streak kill someone. Then point the left stick at an enemy and instead of pressing square or X to streak kill him, press triangle of Y. The enemy you are doing the animation on must have another enemy rat a reasonable distance away.

If the enemies are not at the right distance, you might simply shoot the target you intended to perform the animation on. You cannot perform the animation on the brutes (guys with big axes) or jagers as they block streak kills.
Hope that helped :)

huhm! i don't think this is it! you may very likely end up doing a normal shot.
I just did one successfully a few minutes ago! it's very quick and you need to time it as well.
1. kill or counter kill a guard to enter streak.
2. highlight another (should be close) with normal weapon kill. I think step 2 and 3 must be done while Connor's still in execution animation, otherwise it won't work.
3. right after step 2, highlight another guard and press Triangle (Y in xbox, I think).
if you can manage to pull streak kill in STEP 2, you will perform a double kill.

this is what I've figured so far, not 100% sure but around 80%, it's quiet fast and again, both step 2 and 3 must be done while in step 1 execution animation.
why don't you guys try it out and let me know if i'm right?

sanghee524
11-24-2012, 04:10 PM
one more thing, I don't think we can pull trip mine or snare kill during streak at all. Have anyone manage or accidentally do that?
not counter kill, mind you.

Baked_Cookies
11-24-2012, 05:59 PM
To me its all a hit or miss kinda thing. Sometimes I time it just right and I can do it and other times I feel like I probably should have done the move but I didnt hit the button in time? or at the right moment? Either way when it works its awesome

sanghee524
11-24-2012, 06:06 PM
To me its all a hit or miss kinda thing. Sometimes I time it just right and I can do it and other times I feel like I probably should have done the move but I didnt hit the button in time? or at the right moment? Either way when it works its awesome

you need both distance and time! you need to time both attacks (one after another like I describe) and you must be close enough for the next melee kill. Both time and distance are essential here since in case you intended next melee kill is too far, Connor will use normal shot.

N1ce Dreams
01-05-2013, 05:39 AM
Sry sry, it is just Y you push but holdin it brifly if your timeings gud it will work a treat

Assassin_M
01-05-2013, 05:43 AM
Im so sorry but your all so full of S**T, at first I thought there was no double kill streak with secondary weapon like in brotherhood but the way to do it is after your 1st counter kill or attack kill and Now your in streak mode you dont jus push Y (Xbox), you have to push X & Y together you dumb ****s, so many of you got it wrong I cant beleave it. Its very clear your all button bashers especialy you guys who think you know what your on about you so full of it. Some things your right about, only certain weapons it can be done with im still mastering it but Im about almost there. So stop giving these people tips on somthing you think you know cause after I read **** like that I was really confused (only briefly) So its after your fist attack kill or counter kill, and it can be done again and again one kill after another as long as you have the ammo and enough enemys around. PS doesnt work on tougher soldiers but not fully 100% on them all.
That`s rich...You on your period ?? Acting all tough on the internet "You`re all so full of **** guys" What`s the matter little bunny ? Can`t say something politely ?

Also...It`s just Y.....You imbecile

N1ce Dreams
01-05-2013, 05:46 AM
Sorry.. but its not

Assassin_M
01-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Sorry..
That`s better. Now I can talk properly...like grown ups.

Anyways, It`s how it works with me and most other people. You start a streak and instead of continuing it with the attack button (X for xbox) you go with the tool button (Y on the xbox)

Did you try doing it using just Y ?

N1ce Dreams
01-05-2013, 05:50 AM
That`s better. Now I can talk properly...like grown ups.

Anyways, It`s how it works with me and most other people. You start a streak and instead of continuing it with the attack button (X for xbox) you go with the tool button (Y on the xbox)

Did you try doing it using just Y ?

Yeh, and fighting is main highlight for me in these games so im not silly, hittin Y jus throws ur dart or shoot ur gun normaly, and tested it many many times. X & Y need to be hit in stead of jus one of the buttons.

Assassin_M
01-05-2013, 05:55 AM
Yeh, and fighting is main highlight for me in these games so im not silly, hittin Y jus throws ur dart or shoot ur gun normaly, and tested it many many times. X & Y need to be hit in stead of jus one of the buttons.
I dunno, man. I don't mean to discredit your abilities in any way, but...I still play the game too and yes just pressing Y will sometimes initiate the normal tool attack, but if pressed when 2 guards are present in a suitable distance from you and from each other, it engages the double combo kill...That`s how it works for me

N1ce Dreams
01-05-2013, 05:56 AM
I dunno, man. I don't mean to discredit your abilities in any way, but...I still play the game too and yes just pressing Y will sometimes initiate the normal tool attack, but if pressed when 2 guards are present in a suitable distance from you and from each other, it engages the double combo kill...That`s how it works for me hit the 2 buttons and i bet it works better.

Assassin_M
01-05-2013, 05:58 AM
hit the 2 buttons and i bet it works better.
Just tried it....right now...a few times too...It just engages the normal streak

N1ce Dreams
01-05-2013, 06:00 AM
Just tried it....right now...a few times too...It just engages the normal streak

u on xbox?

Assassin_M
01-05-2013, 06:02 AM
u on xbox?
Yup...it`s not mine, though...I`m on PS3, but I wanted to try on the same console as you to see if there`s a difference between PS3 and X-box

N1ce Dreams
01-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Yup...it`s not mine, though...I`m on PS3, but I wanted to try on the same console as you to see if there`s a difference between PS3 and X-box

i'll admit i was wrong, cause i was kinda holdin 2 buttons, but really u jus hav to hold Y briefly a little al bout timein i guess like the other AC's. sry dude my mistake. but can see why doesnt wrk for people, rushin into it. sry again

N1ce Dreams
01-05-2013, 06:33 AM
Sry sry, it is just Y you push but holdin it briefly if your timeings gud and I do mean brief.

Assassin_M
01-05-2013, 06:48 AM
Sry sry, it is just Y you push but holdin it briefly if your timeings gud and I do mean brief.
Not a problem, man we all make mistakes...
No need to apologize again. The first apology was enough;)

AjinkyaParuleka
01-05-2013, 07:16 AM
I had made a video of Double pistol kills...STICK A GUN IN SOMEONE'S FACE AND SHOOT!.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8zzlGgXO2Q

sanghee524
01-16-2013, 12:31 PM
your video doesn't show how to do it! it may have been a lucky kill! do you remember your input at that moment?

MT4K
01-16-2013, 12:37 PM
your video doesn't show how to do it! it may have been a lucky kill! do you remember your input at that moment?

They are all done the same way. During a kill chain just push the stick towards the next enemy and hold the tool button.

sanghee524
01-16-2013, 04:03 PM
They are all done the same way. During a kill chain just push the stick towards the next enemy and hold the tool button.

hmm! really? I'll give it a try! usually It would end up a break-combo shot!

MT4K
01-16-2013, 04:07 PM
hmm! really? I'll give it a try! usually It would end up a break-combo shot!

Well if there's not another guard nearby close enough for a double kill. It'll just shoot normally.

AjinkyaParuleka
01-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Well i engaged with a 2 regular platoon,started a kill chain and hold my tool button towards the direction of your enemy it can be done by rope dart.I heard you can do with snares too.

sanghee524
01-16-2013, 05:25 PM
huh?! I've never be able to pull double kills with snares! thought that's impossible! I am replay the whole thing from the beginning and test with Haytham. it seem holding Triangle with another redcoat nearby work! I give mines and snares a try later then! Thanks for the clarification, guys! Wonder if it works with poson darts too! :D