PDA

View Full Version : New customization options for characters?

WarlockDLX
11-14-2012, 05:17 AM
Earlier today I saw someone running around with the Independant (Pocahontas lookin chick) online but she had what looked to be a white wolf pelt on her head as a sort of hat. Ive never seen it before or after that, but I did see it. I have seen some other choice custom options here and there but none I can remember enough to point them out. Is there some new pack floating around or are these some special edition items or something?

Rankya_94
11-14-2012, 06:03 AM
It's from the Champion pack "The Wild Cat" it's like 20000 credits I think.
http://i49.tinypic.com/2qixs2u.png

scooper121s
11-14-2012, 07:53 AM
20000 credits jeez

Rankya_94
11-14-2012, 07:57 AM
^ I know right? I've been too lazy D:

scooper121s
11-14-2012, 07:59 AM
^ I know right? I've been too lazy D:
I'll never get that much credits Jeezus h crist, holy Altair son of Umar

Rankya_94
11-14-2012, 08:07 AM
"Holy Altair son of Umar" lol :3
I need 10000 more but... The PlayStation is too far from my destination to get up and even try. That and I always waste my credits on stupid stuff.

scooper121s
11-14-2012, 08:12 AM
"Holy Altair son of Umar" lol :3
I need 10000 more but... The PlayStation is too far from my destination to get up and even try. That and I always waste my credits on stupid stuff.
Couldn't resist

WarlockDLX
11-14-2012, 11:46 PM
yeah 20k in credits is absurd. their primary goal there is obviously the sale of their "erudito" credits, whatever the fuq erudito is supposed to be.. either way, I dont intend to pay real cash for a simple skin for the character I play, and playing for Lord only knows how many hours trying to work up 20k in abstergo credits is out of the question, so I guess ill just be rockin the standard outfits lol

scooper121s
11-14-2012, 11:47 PM
yeah 20k in credits is absurd. their primary goal there is obviously the sale of their "erudito" credits, whatever the fuq erudito is supposed to be.. either way, I dont intend to pay real cash for a simple skin for the character I play, and playing for Lord only knows how many hours trying to work up 20k in abstergo credits is out of the question, so I guess ill just be rockin the standard outfits lol
Your the first person i've seen yet who dosent know who eruto is

WarlockDLX
11-15-2012, 12:04 AM
I know what they are supposed to be, but what basis do they have in the game? This is just a new scheme to make the game more corny and come up with a new way to sell their crap. "Erudito is hacking the animus! Pay us in cash and we will bypass Abstergos point system!"

Its a load of horse crap IMO...

TwoDents
11-15-2012, 03:11 AM
Is there a place to look up exact outfits? I logged in one day, and Uplay randomly gave me a Connor-look-alike outfit for the Huntsman. Note, that I have not even played a second of multiplayer in this game yet.

WarlockDLX
11-15-2012, 05:55 AM
Never seen anything as such. The huntsman kind of has a similar thing going on as connor naturally. The whole "new world nobility" look, but with that stupid looking little hat ontop of the hood. Never seen anything for him outside of his standard outfit. Got any screenshots?

I have seen on the abstergo store the "exclusive warrior costumes" but I havent seen them outside of the thumbnail photos. They dont look like they are much different from the standard outfit though, probably just a new color scheme on the original clothing. What cracks me up is they got them in their "special offer" section, with a whopping 50 abstergo credits discounted off the 5000 credit price.... Id call them cheap but the fact is, they dont make any money off the abstergo credits.. so i dont know what that is, but its something.. lol

TwoDents
11-15-2012, 06:14 AM
Never seen anything as such. The huntsman kind of has a similar thing going on as connor naturally. The whole "new world nobility" look, but with that stupid looking little hat ontop of the hood. Never seen anything for him outside of his standard outfit. Got any screenshots?

I have seen on the abstergo store the "exclusive warrior costumes" but I havent seen them outside of the thumbnail photos. They dont look like they are much different from the standard outfit though, probably just a new color scheme on the original clothing. What cracks me up is they got them in their "special offer" section, with a whopping 50 abstergo credits discounted off the 5000 credit price.... Id call them cheap but the fact is, they dont make any money off the abstergo credits.. so i dont know what that is, but its something.. lol

Yeah, I have some screenies. Unfortunately, my HD TV is going screwey, so I have to deal with a TV with the quality of a Potato. I also wish I had a capture card.

http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/user/Harvey_TwoDents/media/IMG_0045.jpg.html

http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/user/Harvey_TwoDents/media/IMG_0044.jpg.html

As you can see, the tail of his coat has changed from the original, identical to Connor's. I have been googling outfits, but I couldn't find any. Uplay just randomly gave it to me, just wondering how I got it.

Edit: Also, anyone know what Relics do?

WarlockDLX
11-15-2012, 07:46 AM
Interesting. Not sure what that costume is about honestly. Though it may very well be one of those exclusive costumes, or perhaps a special reward given for some Uplay accomplishment.

As for relics, I dont think they have any viable use in-game, but they are displayed as kind of a jewelry item on your character when you are walking around. Usually you will find it hanging on their belt. Theres only a few relics though, so I dont know what the purpose is of having them. Maybe more will be added later? For now, think of them like another way to customize your character.

sticks165
11-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I have some screenies. Unfortunately, my HD TV is going screwey, so I have to deal with a TV with the quality of a Potato. I also wish I had a capture card.

http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/user/Harvey_TwoDents/media/IMG_0045.jpg.html

http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/user/Harvey_TwoDents/media/IMG_0044.jpg.html

As you can see, the tail of his coat has changed from the original, identical to Connor's. I have been googling outfits, but I couldn't find any. Uplay just randomly gave it to me, just wondering how I got it.

Edit: Also, anyone know what Relics do?

you get connors outfit for finishing the singleplayer and the relics do nothing they are just for show.

TwoDents
11-15-2012, 09:21 AM
you get connors outfit for finishing the singleplayer and the relics do nothing they are just for show.

Ah, ok. Thats what I was thinking. Many thanks!

WarlockDLX
11-16-2012, 07:13 AM

I finished the single player. Twice even... and I dont have that outfit (O_o) perhaps I just got scrood? lol

scooper121s
11-16-2012, 11:33 AM
I finished the single player. Twice even... and I dont have that outfit (O_o) perhaps I just got scrood? lol
Twice already jeez

WarlockDLX
11-18-2012, 08:30 AM
The single player campaign is easy and SUPER short.. even adding the homestead missions into the mix didnt tack on much time to the single player campaign. I estimate somewhere around 8 - 10 hours total SP campaign main story time, and thats taking your time. If you zoom through the vids you can probably tank the game in 4 - 6 hours.

TwoDents
11-18-2012, 08:36 AM
The single player campaign is easy and SUPER short.. even adding the homestead missions into the mix didnt tack on much time to the single player campaign. I estimate somewhere around 8 - 10 hours total SP campaign main story time, and thats taking your time. If you zoom through the vids you can probably tank the game in 4 - 6 hours.

I actually completed the story in 12 hours 36 minutes, and that was doing straight main missions. Didn't really die a bunch, because I know how to combo/sneak. I wouldn't say this game is super short and easy. Brotherhood was incredibly easy.

WarlockDLX
11-18-2012, 05:05 PM
I actually completed the story in 12 hours 36 minutes, and that was doing straight main missions. Didn't really die a bunch, because I know how to combo/sneak. I wouldn't say this game is super short and easy. Brotherhood was incredibly easy.

I died maybe twice the entire game. The optional objectives were either so easy it was hard to miss them, or so hard it was pointless to try to go for full sync. The only super hard mission I remember specifically was the assassination of that general where u couldnt be detected and had to perform an aerial assassination on him, but he was on a horse in the middle of a camp with tents around him that you couldnt climb. I said screw that and just went for plain progression. everything else was childs play. I found more challenge in ACB with things like getting to the borgia captains stealthily, and things like that late-game mission scaling down the Colosseum in a limited time without being seen. Not saying it was difficult, but more challenging than anything AC3 had to offer. Then again, im a fan of games like Demons Souls, and have accomplished feats like obtaining the Boss medal in MGS4. I like things to be really challenging, but for the right reasons.. the few challenges AC3 posed were stupid, optional, and had no reward.

Kaswa101
11-18-2012, 05:27 PM

That made my day lol! ;) Nice.

scooper121s
11-18-2012, 09:18 PM
That made my day lol! ;) Nice.
Couldn't help it

JesusCrotch
11-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Then i guess i'm the second, what the hell is erudito?

scooper121s
11-19-2012, 06:07 AM
Then i guess i'm the second, what the hell is erudito?
You don't know who erudito (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Erudito) is?!

WarlockDLX
11-19-2012, 07:37 AM
erudito is an imaginary collective of individuals designed to add even more cheese to the desmond missions (as if it were possible) and to try and add some unnecessary depth and story to the multiplayer section and provide a scape goat for why Ubisoft wants cash dividends paid out for special in-game items. In short, a horrid waste of someones time, and Ubisofts resources.

scooper121s
11-19-2012, 08:31 AM
erudito is an imaginary collective of individuals designed to add even more cheese to the desmond missions (as if it were possible) and to try and add some unnecessary depth and story to the multiplayer section and provide a scape goat for why Ubisoft wants cash dividends paid out for special in-game items. In short, a horrid waste of someones time, and Ubisofts resources.
We don't know for a fact he is a collective, for all we know he is an individual

psf22
11-19-2012, 08:40 AM
I died maybe twice the entire game. The optional objectives were either so easy it was hard to miss them, or so hard it was pointless to try to go for full sync. The only super hard mission I remember specifically was the assassination of that general where u couldnt be detected and had to perform an aerial assassination on him, but he was on a horse in the middle of a camp with tents around him that you couldnt climb. I said screw that and just went for plain progression. everything else was childs play. I found more challenge in ACB with things like getting to the borgia captains stealthily, and things like that late-game mission scaling down the Colosseum in a limited time without being seen. Not saying it was difficult, but more challenging than anything AC3 had to offer. Then again, im a fan of games like Demons Souls, and have accomplished feats like obtaining the Boss medal in MGS4. I like things to be really challenging, but for the right reasons.. the few challenges AC3 posed were stupid, optional, and had no reward.

Wait, you got the Big Boss Emblem but you couldn't get the aerial assassination in that ACIII mission?