PDA

View Full Version : Always losing in fighting?

AdmiralCole
11-14-2012, 02:55 AM
Am I the only one having a problem with this?
Everytime I get in a fight that should be a simple victory, I always lose.
No matter what I do, there are some people I just can't beat. Whenever I fight a group, guys always counter me. And when I try to counter or break defense, another 10 guys hit me, never giving me a chance to narrow them down.
What am I doing wrong? How can I fight better?
A simple group of redcoats is near impossible to beat because of all the people countering me,,,,

apresmode
11-14-2012, 03:02 AM
Here's what helped me... let go of right trigger or R2. really though i was always hitting right trigger and none of my couters worked. also when you counter you can then press A X or Y to break defense, melee, or distance attack.

RyokuMC
11-14-2012, 03:09 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/610x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15542/8561.Assassins_2D00_Creed_2D00_3_2D00_21.jpg
The first one (Fat Guy): Use X (PS3) or A (Xbox) twice to get him to the ground and Kill Him
The second One with a Funny Hat (Jagger): He its the most hard Enemie, you need to wait him to atack, press the counter button (O or B) and then press X or A to disarm him (THEN, kill him before he gets the sword)
The third one: More basic, kill him with anything

STILL having problem? In the fight press Triangle or Y whit the Rope-Dart equipped, this will make ANY ENEMIE to fall into the ground, time to kill then

Remember: To fight in AC3 you need strategy, dont keep smashing 1 button (square). If you do that, its YOUR fault, not the game

AdmiralCole
11-14-2012, 03:52 AM
I know HOW to take them down one by one, that's not a problem.
My problem is that they always gang up on me. every time a get a chance to kill one, 10 more come and hit/shoot/whatever me and I miss my chance,
How do I get past that?

Sidizen
11-14-2012, 04:06 AM
That is a very good answer, I agree if you press just one button, that is your faly

AdmiralCole
11-14-2012, 04:10 AM
^ But I don't press only one.
A lot when I'm fighting a group, I take down one of the big guys by countering him. BUT, when I go in for the kill, another guy hits me, and I can keep countering, but I never get to finish anyone off.
HOW do I get past this group-ganging thing? I AM PRESSING MORE THAN SQUARE!

Dachande_
11-14-2012, 05:36 AM
Sounds to me that you are fighting in areas where enemies will constantly respawn. It happens in front of certain buildings and the likes. No matter how many you kill..they will keep coming,and the higher your notoriety gets..the stronger types will appear in droves. After a while..you will end up in situations where you simply cant use the one-shot/chain kills anymore. It will never end basically..you need to run away =) unless you want to practice fighting^^

Personally,i enjoy this =) ive died more times in AC3 then i ever have in the previous games lol Good stuff tbh^^ Theres actually a reason to run away now and use all those fancy social stealth/escape moves lol. Anyone remember playing the original AC and never doing the fancy jump through market stalls outside of that one mission in Acre? lol =)

Having said all that..it also sounds like you are having difficulty figuring out how to kill or spot the different enemy types. General rule of thumb..the harder enemies that cant be countered normally are all killable with weapon-counters (bow,guns,rope dart etc). But you will eventually run out of ammunition of all types in certain areas and if you want it to end..you need to run. Otherwise,its good practice. You can perpetually fight forever..it is possible^^

Another poster linked a nice image of 3 of the differant enemy types..i dont know all their names. But the hardest type is missing..the "Jager". They will show up constantly and hunt you at maximum notoriety. Those guys are a ****ing pain..they can only be counter killed with tool weapons (bows,guns,rope dart etc etc) or by tripping them up and finishing them off. Seems easy enough but in most situations you are going to be surrounded by all the different enemy types.

Which,i think is the problem you are having =) In that type of fight..you cant rely on the slow motion counter anymore. As in,if you counter an enemy and try something like disarm/thrown/execute you are going to be countered yourself and you will take damage.It will add up and you will die.

There is a tactic for all of them..but basically =

Big Enemy with the Axe - You cant normally counter kill these guys and you need to watch out for their big axe swings so you can dodge them. They are slow however and you can either one-shot weapon counter them with the usual bow/gun/rope dart etc OR break their defence (A on 360) to a point where they have their back to you (tomahawk neck slice) or to when they are tripped up (ground execution).

Skinny Guy with Tall Hat - these guys are actually quite easy, You cant counter kill them directly..however,you CAN counter-disarm them and proceed to one shot them with their own swords. Quite nice =)

Jager - These guys are the "Agents" (ala Matrix trilogy) of AC3. They will hunt you mercilessly,they are just as quick as you,and they can counter everything you have to throw at them. Except for weapon counters or break-defense trip up kills. However,if these guys are showing up..you are usually in a situation when they will be showing up constantly and in numbers.

You will have those guys and Heavy Axe guy,and Skinny Tall Hat guy and a **** load of normal Red coats (redshirts anyone? lol) showing up..some trying to shoot you from afar,the others trying to butcher you up close.

So really the trick is to manage them all dynamically in a fight. And if you're in an area where the constantly respawn..dont expect it to end. Just run and try to hide if you want to finish it.

Ez_187
11-14-2012, 09:00 AM
X/A or Counter then X/A will work on almost all of them except the smaller ones that carry knives that roll over you, you have to either counter kill them or Combo streak kill them. oh and the Jaegers (The Elite that only come when you have 3 Noteriety) can only be killed with Counter X/A sometimes you can Streak kill them to.

BBALive
11-14-2012, 09:13 AM
I know HOW to take them down one by one, that's not a problem.
My problem is that they always gang up on me. every time a get a chance to kill one, 10 more come and hit/shoot/whatever me and I miss my chance,
How do I get past that?

Kill the regular enemies first and then go after the special archetypes. Your counter move will interrupt whatever you're doing, so it's not like you're defenseless.

Use your tools (not tool counter) for a guaranteed kill on every type of enemy. The tool counter works on every enemy type, apart from the guys that use tomahawks/knives.

Pressing break defense twice knocks enemies down, if you didn't know.

ProdiGurl
11-14-2012, 12:50 PM
The comment above about respawning areas seems to be accurate - I think I found one last night. I just went back to my last checkpoint & didn't mess with that area again.

The other thing I do when I get too many ganging up is I run away & turn back around - it reconfigures their circle around you & sometimes I can get behind one & take him out from behind.
As soon as I see a big red triangle, I'm clicking 'B'lock & then do my counter moves... sometimes you have to block 2-3 times in a row before you can get a counter-move in.
I also agree w/ the rope dart advice up there too. That thing's been a lifesaver in some fights.
I love group fights becuz they gave Connor the most awesome animation moves ever. :D

WiriestScroll3
11-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Press counter before you enemy hits you like you block it after that quick reply press Melee or Secondary Weapon. Also best fight tecnique against jagers is Block+Secondary Wep snares/pistol/bow etc. Almost everything works against them. Hope this helps somehow :-)

machetefight
11-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Yes I always die too, mostly coz I pick fights with the redcoats at the frontier fast travel pointing Boston, but sometimes in Boston. I kill four or so simple guards and bam! Everyone's got guns and shooting at Connor then when I manage to kill all the guards and loot em for ammo, rope darts or arrows 10 more guards appear. Then I try to fight, almost die, try to run away but more guards sport me since nortoriety level 3 and they all attack. I try to do the human shield thing whenever I can but half the time I can't get to a guard in time. Sometimes I take to the rooves and think I'm safe but those solder dudes with the dagger and the guns climb up. Then there's times when I try to jump down and/or air assassinate a guard but something goes wrong and Connor falls off and breaks his back on a fence lol. Stupid desync

Ryuzito
11-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Are you serious? Assassin's Creed may be a great game in terms of exploration and story, but it also has one of the easiest and dumbest combat systems ever made. No wonder why gaming is getting simplified/streamlined/casualized nowadays. :(

WiriestScroll3
11-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah it is simply. I want harder enemys. Ive killed already +7000 soldiers in Ac 3 so i want challenge to this game :-)

shobhit7777777
11-14-2012, 10:05 PM
1. Equip Smoke Bomb
2. When in doubt, throw the smoke bomb
3. Kill anyone who is coughing
4. Buy more smoke bombs

also, rope darts are really helpful..target the dangerous ones, press triangle, bring them down to the ground and then stab them.

WiriestScroll3
11-15-2012, 11:31 PM
1. Equip Smoke Bomb
2. When in doubt, throw the smoke bomb
3. Kill anyone who is coughing
4. Buy more smoke bombs

also, rope darts are really helpful..target the dangerous ones, press triangle, bring them down to the ground and then stab them.

Why use that tecnique, because its too easy. Dont never fall so down you need use this tecnic :)