PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS... Haytham...

devildog789
11-14-2012, 12:39 AM
**SPOILERS** Does anyone else wish that Connor and Haytham eventually worked together in the end? It seemed like Connor kind of understood the templar philosophy a little bit, and Haytham realized the templar philosophy was kind of wayward thinking. I was thinking they'd sort of team up together to take down Lee. Haytham seemed genuinely sad when he heard of the attack that destroyed Connor's village.

I just felt like they could have developed a better ending between the two, other than a predictable and inevitable showdown where Connor kills him.

Assassin_M
11-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Inevitable, Yes, but predictable ? If anything, the little interaction between the 2 led me to believe that they indeed might end up working together for the greater good and the game ending with them on good terms (Or at least better terms than their Predecessors)

RyokuMC
11-14-2012, 01:29 AM
I agree with you

(But the story is still great!)

devildog789
11-14-2012, 01:53 AM
Inevitable, Yes, but predictable ? If anything, the little interaction between the 2 led me to believe that they indeed might end up working together for the greater good and the game ending with them on good terms (Or at least better terms than their Predecessors)

Well I felt like Connor was ultimately strong in his belief that the templars must die. I kind of figured there'd be a battle between the two. Maybe it was just me, but I kind of figured it would happen.

Oh, and add the fact that we played as Haytham in the beginning, everybody seems to feel a sort of connection to Haytham or wanting more Haytham. I think Ubi could have done a lot had they team up.

BBALive
11-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Haytham supported Lee. Why would he help Connor kill him? I do think Haytham's death could have been handled better though.

Charles_Phipps
11-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Haytham supported Lee. Why would he help Connor kill him? I do think Haytham's death could have been handled better though.

Haytham was ruthless in his pursuit of his goals. There was a great irony, though, that the Templars weren't guilty of anything Connor thought they were.

Gianavel
11-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Connor was willing to compromise, but Haytham wasn't. Connor, at least at first, was willing to go along with Haytham (as long as he got to kill Lee), even if it wasn't what the Assassins as a whole would have necessarily done - at least to a point. Eventually, though, Connor realized that Haytham wouldn't compromise at all, and knew that he would have to kill his father.

Inayaeza
03-02-2013, 04:15 AM
I doesn't have finished the game, but I have read the Forsaken book. So, I agree. I believe the world need more Haytham and Connor stuff, 'cause... ****it, this is a pretty good relationship. I have a lot of regret that it's not fully developped. I think they can do a lot of cool or emotional stuff with them. It's really interesting. (Maybe a Dlc "What happen if... ?" :p)
I don't speak english very well, sorry.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-02-2013, 06:46 AM
Haytham wasn't ready to compromise at all,or it seems so.He believed Lee would lead them(The Colonies) to a better future,which Connor knew won't happen.He know the downsides of Washington,but other than that,he had more good sides.Even Haytham knew why Connor preferred Washington.
This dialogue wasn't present in the game,but Connor pleaded to Haytham to stop fighting and to unite and go to the mess together.Haytham refused.But when Haytham was trying to explain to his son was TEMPLAR philosophy.Connor wasn't barking about the Assassins during the fight.Both son and father were stubborn.
I actually think Haytham allowed Connor to kill him,Haytham had Connor's neck,why not just flick the wrist and kill my son?No,because he loved Connor.
And about Haytham vs Connor.Haytham was a fine swordsman to match Connor,Connor admitted that if Haytham was in his prime years,Connor would have been easily defeated.