PDA

View Full Version : does AC3 need uplay to start ?

Strant
11-13-2012, 11:11 PM
My Decision to Buy or to not Buy the game depends solely on the factor if it will run ONLY on steam DRM(you know offline mode when I want to and one time activation from a more trustworthy company than Ubisoft) and i don't have do deal with that strange uplay thingie

dex3108BL
11-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Yes game will require UPlay. But it is all the same one time activation and you have offline mode that works without problem.

Strant
11-14-2012, 01:42 PM
i wil NEVER use that crappy Uplay so if this is true its no buy for me

AntiChrist7
11-14-2012, 01:47 PM
i wil NEVER use that crappy Uplay so if this is true its no buy for me

if you dont wanna buy a good game just because out of a stupid principle (as you can play offline like dex pointed out, which makes uplay no different from steam), then its your loss.

Uplay is still far better than the crap EA sells us with Origin

Bucur92
11-14-2012, 01:49 PM
if you dont wanna buy a good game just because out of a stupid principle (as you can play offline like dex pointed out, which makes uplay no different from steam), then its your loss.

Uplay is still far better than the crap EA sells us with Origin

Agree why people hate uplay for no good reason.

DarthDeva
11-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Uplay's problem was only during AC2's time. After AC:B launched they changed it, and it's quite good now. It's true steam is great, but hey, publishers are free to do what they want. Steamworks require some cost to the publishers, so Ubi chose to have their own drm, and only thing you got to do is activate your code online, same thing as you would have on steam.
Be it Steam or Uplay, both are drm methods which make sure you have a legit copy. If you were someone who preferred drm-free games i'd understand, but saying steam is good uplay is bad, doesn't make sense. Only thing about steam, is it regroups lots of publishers and developers and provides you with a real library. Uplay is simple your Ubi games library. I haven't yet heard of people losing their rights to their uplay account or getting it hacked, but lots of steam accounts get hacked, valve bans users sometimes for no reason. If you believe Valve is the messiah so be it. Don't get me wrong I love Steam, but Uplay is basically like steam. And like AntiChrist7 said, Uplay is still better than Origin(nothing works right on there and the support forums is just a mess, support isn't helpful at all). I may not like certain aspects of how Ubi treats AC for pc, but Uplay and Ubi support is great(can't say the same about Valve's Steam support most of the time). If you read this...wow...Cheers to everyone who don't care about the drm but enjoy quality games

iNvid22
11-14-2012, 02:07 PM
i guess you're not buying ac3 then

Joyner08
11-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Not sure what your huge problem with it is, but yes it'll need uplay.

Strant
11-14-2012, 04:32 PM
The reason Ubisoft changed their way was because they didn't make enough money and the reason they didn't make enough money was because people with stupid principles avoided any kind of ubisoft software on any platform but go ahead guys busily eat up any crap ubisoft or any other publisher with a feeling omnipotence throws at you

P.S the thing ubisoft and other publishers in general like even less than those evul pirate is the used games sales because they dont earn a dime

x-Lyyr-x
11-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Not sure what your huge problem with it is, but yes it'll need uplay.

Your signature wins 1st place for being the most sarcastic piece of fan creativity...

Mr_Shade
11-14-2012, 05:14 PM
The reason Ubisoft changed their way was because they didn't make enough money and the reason they didn't make enough money was because people with stupid principles avoided any kind of ubisoft software on any platform but go ahead guys busily eat up any crap ubisoft or any other publisher with a feeling omnipotence throws at you

P.S the thing ubisoft and other publishers in general like even less than those evul pirate is the used games sales because they dont earn a dime
Uplay is a content delivery system.. like Steam...

Uplay also offers free content for your games - and also allows for cloud saving - so you can continue your game on other PC's / places..

If you don't want to use it, so be it, however it's not a DRM system - but is needed for all of the PC titles.

Bucur92
11-14-2012, 06:05 PM

Uplay also offers free content for your games - and also allows for cloud saving - so you can continue your game on other PC's / places..

If you don't want to use it, so be it, however it's not a DRM system - but is needed for all of the PC titles.

Agree i like uplay more than Origin crap.Mr_Shade do you think they could ad in Uplay Overlay an in game clock?

Mr_Shade
11-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Uplay is always being developed - so anything is possible.

Please remember you can EDIT - rather than deleting post's - just so you are aware ;)

Bucur92
11-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Uplay is always being developed - so anything is possible.

Please remember you can EDIT - rather than deleting post's - just so you are aware ;)

Yes sir:D

Strant
11-14-2012, 06:49 PM

so that how Ubisoft spins it now eh anyway to much BS for me i am out good riddance

oh also next you try to tell me that is was never intended to be the most intrusive drm ever right

Mr_Shade
11-14-2012, 06:55 PM
so that how Ubisoft spins it now eh anyway to much BS for me i am out good riddance

oh also next you try to tell me that is was never intended to be the most intrusive drm ever right
No, since appears you don't want to know.

Since you have your answer, locking thread.