PDA

View Full Version : My opinion: Ac3 is not bad but unsatisfying

DTfunjumper
11-13-2012, 11:00 PM
So, i have played the game thoroughly (well, as far as bugs allow, stopping me from getting 100% synchronization, but that's for later) and i have come to following conclusion:
It seriously is NOT a bad game, but i feel thre is a lot missing making the Assassin's Creed franchise unique.
Maybe i should list up the positive things first:

1. IMPROVED COMBAT SYSTEM
There have been serious improvements. Enemys are more (compared to the last ACs) and you are not immortal as we were getting used to.(hough i only died once during a run from guards, missed the building, fell, they put up a line and shot me immediately)

2. CONTROLS
Okay, it might be a thing of taste but i like the new control settings, easier to combine moves.

3. GRAPHICS
I must say it was a major improvement compared to e.g. Revelations, where Ezios arm went through the guards' heads as well as the added Frontiers (improvement in making things like water, trees, bushes etc. look more ralistic)

4. FIRST HALF OF THE STORY
I liked the templar-twist at the end of the 3. sequence, the connection between Connor, Lee and Haytham as well asthe connection to the leaders of the liberation questlines, it gave me the feeling that i actually did move something (which will lead me to the contras!)

Now i must carry on with the negative aspects of the game. Sadly the list isn't that short

1. BUGS/GLITCHES
The number of bugs and glitches ruining the game in partly abnormal ways, (stopping me from getting 100% synchronization, provoked by badly set checkpoints, as where the indian was about to be executed and he got shot immediatly after the game loaded) taking every seriousnes ( vertically moving haywains, endlessly long stretched horses and Slenderman-guards after killing them)

2. INCOMPLETE FREERUNNG-TRACKS
I found about 12-13 spots where Connor couldn't continue my run, as he just jumed AGAINST THE sign, not on top of it, which makes you horribly vulnerable towards faster guards) and taking the game's flow, which does make me very sad!

3. MISSING INTERESTING BUILDINGS
One thing that MADE AC for me was climbing high or "challanging" buildings to actually achieve something (this also involves the missing neccessarity of Synchpoints, which in my opinion could have been cut out of the game completely instead of leaving them as a sad gimmick, but that depends on one's own feelings)

4. THE SIMPLICITY OF THE PLOT AFTER SEQUENCE 9
The only reason to play the game after sequence 9 REALLY is to carry on in the story, but i don't have the typical "i need to move on because it unlocks so many things in the cities". I mean, the homestead things are a good thought in the right direction (more about that in the next part) but is missing in unlocking essential things like new areas, techniques, weapons, skins and armours, stores etc. And i must admit the story is very linear (not particularly BAD, just very obvious what would happen at the end and wat Haytham would do if he got everything he needed from Connor)

5. HOMESTEAD MISSIONS
As i just said: nice idea, just not enough thought put into it! More complex missions, but maybe less in total therefore, just something challenging about them. Unlocking new items as swords, twin holsters and so on were nice, but trading items were absolutely useless and a waste of time. Maybe they could have unlocked new naval missions or special items it would have been something totally different.

6. MISSING PROMISED IMPROVEMENTS BROUGHT MY ANVILNEXT
I miss the part about the random missions meant to appear, (besides the Liberation quests) the promised realistic environment (people having daily routines, not just walking in circles) like they do so in Homestead, their reaction towards THEIR ENVIRONMENT (running away when it rains, freezing if it snows etc.)

7: INTEGRATING THE FORTRESSES
At the beginning of the Frontiers trailer we saw the conquering of the fortress became a mission, giving multiple options to entre it and distracting the guards (by blowing the gunpowder storage) which does actually not work that well (guards detect you instantly), often only ginig one "hidden" entrance, not, as they promised, "multiple ways" (i mean besides the smashing yourself inside) and promised battles with 1000 NPCs battling (which was a great motivation for me pre-ordering it!)

Looking at these aspects (pro and con) i just have the feeling i'm missing just some AC elements and an absolutely fluid gameplay with lots of horrible bugs and glitches. I think they seriously could have done better in avoiding bugs in the first place instead of now fixing them leaving a big, unsatisfied hole in my AC heart!

DTfunjumper
11-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Completely ignored :) Never mind, was just my thoughts on the game^^

Aphex_Tim
11-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Completely ignored :) Never mind, was just my thoughts on the game^^

Yeah, nothing personal but that's because there are just tons of other threads like this around.
We just kinda stopped caring.

joaomuas
11-18-2012, 02:01 AM
3. MISSING INTERESTING BUILDINGS
One thing that MADE AC for me was climbing high or "challanging" buildings to actually achieve something (this also involves the missing neccessarity of Synchpoints, which in my opinion could have been cut out of the game completely instead of leaving them as a sad gimmick, but that depends on one's own feelings)

This is the only thing in wich I agree with you...

And there are some tree viewpoints that are quite challenging and interesting to climb, giving the feeling of satisfaction when you synchronize...

DTfunjumper
11-18-2012, 09:24 PM
This is the only thing in wich I agree with you...

And there are some tree viewpoints that are quite challenging and interesting to climb, giving the feeling of satisfaction when you synchronize...

The ONLY thing? :O I thought the bug part just as important....