PDA

View Full Version : One thing I don't get(spoilers)

BigUrn
11-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Ok I went back did watched the ending a few more times and I kinda understand what's going on but some things stump me. I get that Juno was some sort of trouble maker and they locked her in the cave thing but why would they lock her in a room that contained the way to save earth ? Maybe Iam missing something cause even the other girl said she hoped desmond would find the place but yet that's where she locked the evil girl at? I really don't even know how that little pedestal thing saved earth anyway. If anyone can help Id love some answers

NumberSix1967
11-14-2012, 01:53 AM
No idea.

Also, why didn't Minerva just use one of her messages to go and see if Desmond had succeeded in getting inside the temple before she ran out of the chance to project herself forward in time, thus making it possible to warn people about Juno's presence after she discovered it on the 21st of December?

BigUrn
11-14-2012, 02:03 AM
Who knows maybe she did the endings to AC always been cryptic

Charles_Phipps
11-14-2012, 09:46 AM
I think Juno built the thing capable of saving the Earth and Minerva intended people to save the Earth some other way.

But only Juno's one would work.

Juno also uploaded her consciousness into it.

NumberSix1967
11-14-2012, 11:58 AM
I read somewhere that she was imprisoned in the grand temple, which makes no sense because that's where they were keeping the big special machine thingy. I gather that after the first solar flare, Jupiter and Minerva survived, carried on coming up with ways to save the people of Earth following the next predicted solar flare and then just lived out their lives normally after completing the Sixth Technological method. Somewhere in between Juno went mental and wanted to take over the Earth...somehow, for some reason, to do something. It's then that she was placed in the temple, presumably to die or just be in some kind of coma/stasis and ended up manipulating the safety machine so that when it was activated it would release her.

I can only imagine terms such as 'prophet' were used in reference to Desmond because that kind of terminology would spark stronger overtones with the human race who by now were full on post-religion followers. I don't know. 'The Truth' is probably just going to be Adam and Eve being humans who stole some First Civilisation technology and 'she' or whoever will be the remnant Eve who survived and is no doubt the only person able to fight off Juno - Eve will probably turn out to be the Assassins' founder, or something.

I'm speculating here, naturally.

AC3 had lots of good ideas but the execution of them wasn't at all great.

LilyasAvalon
11-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Mmm, execution could've been better. Speculation is fun though.

She could've imprisioned herself in the Grand Temple maybe? Or it was a spur of the moment decision to trap her within the temple.

sukh_singh84
11-14-2012, 12:53 PM
The solution to saving the earth was the first which Juno spoke of, being the four towers were to be built. However construction on these towers were halted for a while, and then "Metal did what flesh could not" or something like that. So Juno sought to see that method completed. She also spoke of a sixth method, which was abandoned due to it being too risky. However it is that very method which was used by her to survive inside the temple. "The sixth" is what is referenced at the end of ACB when Juno instructs Desmond to "awaken the sixth" which was more or less her: trapped inside the grand temple for a while.
A possible cause for her domination of the world as we know it could be blaming and despising the entire human race for the near-extinction of her people through the war that Adam and Eve caused by rebelling against their masters and stealing the Apple of Eden. If this theory was to be true she might have a way of reviving the First Civilisation, made probable through something she told desmond about "things being as they once were".

zerocooll21
11-14-2012, 01:58 PM
^speculation at this point.

sukh_singh84
11-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Yeah I got my "facts" from the speculation section of the game guide, being the only reason I brought it: close enough to official speculation :D

BigUrn
11-15-2012, 02:13 AM
Yeah Ive heard people saying the ending sucked or whatever but I think it's how you look at it. Every game has always answered and unanswered various questions if they wrapped everything with a nice bow there would be no story to tell ending the series bad for both sides without anymore games no money for ubi and no cool games for us. Always thought of videogames as interactive books so I like the ending leaves room for more story. Iam still trying to figure out how exactly activating the pedestal would free juno but Iam pretty sure I will get a answer sometime next year

zerocooll21
11-15-2012, 03:36 AM
Yeah I got my "facts" from the speculation section of the game guide, being the only reason I brought it: close enough to official speculation :D

HA! :p