PDA

View Full Version : Minigame glitch...?

Missyoober
11-13-2012, 10:33 PM
But any time I'm playing this mini game I can't play any winning moves? :| I know I'm not doing it wrong, but the game is just like "Nope. You gotta lose" So it's kinda affecting me getting that Homestead achievement. Anyway I can fix it?

It's the game similar to checkers. Morris something.

Assassin_M
11-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Please elaborate better ?

Missyoober
11-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Sorry. On Nine Mens Morris, the game won't let me put three pieces in a row. So I either have to forfeit the game or lose. I know how to play the game so I'm not doing anything wrong.

Assassin_M
11-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Sorry. On Nine Mens Morris, the game won't let me put three pieces in a row. So I either have to forfeit the game or lose. I know how to play the game so I'm not doing anything wrong.

Alright...How ? I still can`t quite grasp this... look at this.

* * -

And the game prevents you from placing the third piece ?? I need to know the place of your Piece when you try making a row (White pieces is You)

JCearlyyears
11-13-2012, 10:50 PM
I have the same problem, it applies to all games besides bowls, and for bowls, the AI is just ******y and hits your balls out of the way. You can't make any winning moves.

Assassin_M
11-13-2012, 11:01 PM
I have the same problem, it applies to all games besides bowls, and for bowls, the AI is just ******y and hits your balls out of the way. You can't make any winning moves.

So... AI is ***** because it`s smart.. Wow..

You people are weird. I thought the AI was brilliant in Mini-games (Compared to the AI of the combat System)

zhengyingli
11-13-2012, 11:05 PM
I've won matches, though not too many. You have to plan WAY ahead. Even if you're winning from the get go, if you didn't plan well a step before you reduced your opponent to three pieces, you're screwed.

Missyoober
11-13-2012, 11:12 PM
It's all places on the board. Even when I'm out of pieces and have my opponent stuck. I could move my piece for it to be three in a row, it just won't let me. I don't really understand :/ I thought the player could prevent you from making the move by moving his piece to a certain spot. But it's not that. I could even upload a video to show you what I mean lol...

Basically, anywhere where I could have three pieces in a row, it's glitched so it'll stay at two. But my opponent can have a winnign move just fine -.-

Norcent31
If all else fails, find a free version of Nine Man Morris, set the difficulty to the hardest, have your opponent in AC3 go first, copy his moves in the free version and you copy the computer. It's basically computer versus computer.

Missyoober
I'm sorry. I struggle at explaining things :/

Assassin_M
11-13-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm sorry. I struggle at explaining things :/

I`d be able to provide more help if you upload that Video xD

Because I WANT to help, but your explaining is not giving me the chance :P

Gianavel
11-13-2012, 11:16 PM
In the Morris games (there's 2 different ones), when you place a third piece, you then get to remove one of your opponent's pieces. So you first pick where you want to place your piece, then you pick one of theirs. There's no real prompt or anything like that to get you to choose one of their pieces to remove.

I ran into the same issue when I first played Morris. Took me a bit to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Assassin_M
11-13-2012, 11:18 PM
In the Morris games (there's 2 different ones), when you place a third piece, you then get to remove one of your opponent's pieces. So you first pick where you want to place your piece, then you pick one of theirs. There's no real prompt or anything like that to get you to choose one of their pieces to remove.

I ran into the same issue when I first played Morris. Took me a bit to figure out what I was doing wrong.

3 Different ones*

Norcent31
11-13-2012, 11:19 PM

add-on:
but, you can not take an opponent's piece, if it's in a row of three.

Missyoober
11-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Doesn't give me a prompt like that or anything :/ I can select where I want to put my piece, and instead of placing it'll just say cancel...

I'll try one more game, and if it's still like it I'll upload the video. I know the rules and everything ._.

Gianavel
11-13-2012, 11:34 PM
3 Different ones*

I've seen 9 and 12. What's the third one?

Assassin_M
11-13-2012, 11:35 PM
I've seen 9 and 12. What's the third one?

6 (Its the hardest one for me)

JCearlyyears
11-13-2012, 11:42 PM

You people are weird. I thought the AI was brilliant in Mini-games (Compared to the AI of the combat System)

That's not what I said. I meant that the AI can't make any accurate shots so it just knocks all your balls away, I wouldn't call that smart. I can win easy without hitting their balls, it can't so it hit's my balls. The AI seems to be in denial(though I doubt it actually is) because any time you almost win, it materializes a fake piece where you are about to move to win to stop you from winning, even if it isn't it's intentions, it has the same outcome: you lose.

Assassin_M
11-13-2012, 11:52 PM
That's not what I said. I meant that the AI can't make any accurate shots so it just knocks all your balls away, I wouldn't call that smart. I can win easy without hitting their balls, it can't so it hit's my balls. The AI seems to be in denial(though I doubt it actually is) because any time you almost win, it materializes a fake piece where you are about to move to win to stop you from winning, even if it isn't it's intentions, it has the same outcome: you lose.

That`s it`s Job. It calculates farther before you and decides to either try and win or try it`s hardest to just make you loose...It`s how it`s programmed and we call that pretty Smart for a Computer..

JCearlyyears
11-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Which part is it's job, the cheating to stop me from winning the board game or the AI hitting my balls? It isn't the only way to win, it might even be the hardest, but it is the easiest way to make me loose.

zhengyingli
11-14-2012, 12:32 AM
Which part is it's job, the cheating to stop me from winning the board game or the AI hitting my balls? It isn't the only way to win, it might even be the hardest, but it is the easiest way to make me loose.
So, if an expert beats your balls, would you say he's cheating. It's winnable, you just have to plan WAY ahead.

Assassin_M
11-14-2012, 12:33 AM

Cheating ?? Never encountered any Cheating. It just ensures you do not win..Your Job is finding a way around it. Stop blaming the game for your Short comings..

JCearlyyears
11-14-2012, 12:39 AM
Cheating ?? Never encountered any Cheating. It just ensures you do not win..Your Job is finding a way around it. Stop blaming the game for your Short comings..
My short comings? It materializes a fake piece to stop me from winning, there's no way around it. I did nothing wrong, it forces an impossible situation. There is a FAKE piece blocking my winning, I kicked it's artificial ***, it had to cheat to make me loose.
In no way am I blaming the game for me loosing, it glitches, I loose, it isn't blame, it's fact.

zhengyingli
11-14-2012, 12:42 AM
My short comings? It materializes a fake piece to stop me from winning, there's no way around it. I did nothing wrong, it forces an impossible situation. There is a FAKE piece blocking my winning, I kicked it's artificial ***, it had to cheat to make me loose.
In no way am I blaming the game for me loosing, it glitches, I loose, it isn't blame, it's fact.
Are you referring to fly mode? You can place anywhere you want. It's like a desperation move.

Assassin_M
11-14-2012, 12:43 AM

Yes. Short comings. You cannot win, so You blame it on glitches instead of saying you needing more practice to study the actions of this little System..

If you`re going to reply with the same manner of "The game cheats" then do not at all...and consider this little "argument" over, because there is nothing wrong with the game.. FACT

(Dont take this personally, mate. We`re still friends :P)

JCearlyyears
11-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Nothing personal :)
I do think that you are in denial though, or there is a misunderstanding. It's just checkers, or morris, or any other board game. It isn't hard. I beat it(almost), I was right there, then another piece pops up. No matter the game, a new piece forms right before I win to block me. It is a glitch of some sort. It is not literally cheating with the intent of winning or anything off that matter because it is just a program, but it does in fact take the course of action falling under the category of cheating. It simply wont accept that I win and it lost, so it blocks with a piece that it creates from no where. It glows as if selected. I'm not sure how you would know if there is something wrong with the game, it seems as though you haven't seen this glitch, for if you had, you would see that there is a problem with the game, or you would remain in what seems like either denial, or misunderstanding.

Assassin_M
11-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Nothing personal :)
I do think that you are in denial though, or there is a misunderstanding. It's just checkers, or morris, or any other board game. It isn't hard. I beat it(almost), I was right there, then another piece pops up. No matter the game, a new piece forms right before I win to block me. It is a glitch of some sort. It is not literally cheating with the intent of winning or anything off that matter because it is just a program, but it does in fact take the course of action falling under the category of cheating. It simply wont accept that I win and it lost, so it blocks with a piece that it creates from no where. It glows as if selected. I'm not sure how you would know if there is something wrong with the game, it seems as though you haven't seen this glitch, for if you had, you would see that there is a problem with the game, or you would remain in what seems like either denial, or misunderstanding.

Oh......I Uhh...Misunderstanding Yes xD

I did not know it was like that with Board games, but what you say Is a glitch and.... It never happened to me :|

alien_minator
11-23-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm having the same problem with 12 Man Morris. I have played this game many times before (and the 9 man version) and know the rules, which are not that hard to follow anyway. I can start a game without having all my chips on the board, can set it up so i can have a corner spot taken and the middle spots at either end of that which would allow me to make 3 in a row on my next move which ever way the AI decided to go but when i try and place my 3rd chip down i am not allowed. even when all chips are on the board, if i have an opening where my next move would give me 3 in a row, i am not allowed to move to that spot, yet the AI makes these same moves with no problems or restrictions. it is very frustrating. I

Baked_Cookies
11-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Youre not meant to lose I mean it may take a few tries before you get a plan that will work to win but take it from a guy who played Morris 100 plus times to win and finally did. Its just a strategy that needs to be found.

raybrazil
12-05-2012, 11:31 PM
i have the same glitch... it wont allow me to make any mills@@@

raybrazil
12-05-2012, 11:40 PM
its not a matter of difficulty. Its a matter of some games being bugged. It wont let people complete a mill, or winning move

VenomRitual
12-05-2012, 11:45 PM
same issue. try making the winning move. press x and then the blue circle appears but no move is made. this is in the homestead and in the cities. 9 mens and 6 men's.

montagemik
12-06-2012, 03:52 AM
you have any video of this glitch ???

VenomRitual
12-08-2012, 11:10 PM
ok nvmd. no bug. after u try making a mill, hover over the opponents stone that you want to take and press the action button.

Baked_Cookies
12-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Ok all of the games are easy and Bowls is like the most easiest game ever for a mini game. Fanorana or what the hell ever is for sure the hardest to me.

Bitalobhudey
08-09-2017, 08:59 AM

The AI on mine on PS3 is literally ****ing cheating. Right as I got him down to 3 pieces for the first time he started jumping the 3 he had left LITERALLY across the entire board without using any lines or from any spot near where he moved to JUST to keep blocking the exact same spot so I could no longer take him down to 2 or less pieces. Tell me what the **** that has to do with smart when I'm not allowed to make ANY of the insane across the board piece jumping that he can? That just sounds like straight *** cheating lol I can show you a video of the illegal moves the AI keeps making if ya need but I'm def not just seeing **** here

Bitalobhudey
08-09-2017, 10:53 AM
The AI on mine on PS3 is literally ****ing cheating. Right as I got him down to 3 pieces for the first time he started jumping the 3 he had left LITERALLY across the entire board without using any lines or from any spot near where he moved to JUST to keep blocking the exact same spot so I could no longer take him down to 2 or less pieces. Tell me what the **** that has to do with smart when I'm not allowed to make ANY of the insane across the board piece jumping that he can? That just sounds like straight *** cheating lol I can show you a video of the illegal moves the AI keeps making if ya need but I'm def not just seeing **** here

And to make it worse when I actually won 3 times in a row I mean ****ing won and had him to no moves and less pieces it suddenly backs out of the game and says you lost 50 Reales. It doesnt even finish the game its like its force forfeiting the match for me wtf? Like I seriously want my ******* money back for this game BC I thought I would love it but it's done nothing but piss me off for 4 days straight and I can't even get the invincibility cheat bc my ******* challenges arent being completed BC of **** like this so without spending countless weeks of my time chasing a few Reale here and there and supplies to upgrade my character then I can't even ******* enjoy this piece of **** bc I can't beat the enemies I want to of the ships I want to so what's the point?

Locopells
08-09-2017, 05:53 PM

No, that's the rules - when you or the AI gets down to your last 3 pieces, you can put them wherever. It's drives me potty too, but that is how that game is meant to be played, trust me.