PDA

View Full Version : AC3 dies completely when the story ends

JACKEDRAM1500
11-13-2012, 08:39 PM
No more red coats, No more forts to take over, No more areas to liberate, Nothing left to do.

What is there really left to do after the story is done?

Grandmaster_Z
11-13-2012, 08:41 PM
go outside and get some fresh air

zhengyingli
11-13-2012, 08:42 PM
No more red coats, No more forts to take over, No more areas to liberate, Nothing left to do.

All AC games have the same problem.

ProdiGurl
11-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Is it really so utterly shocking that things actually come to an end? =-0

When it ends you either put in another game to start playing or you replay & start over - it's all ALIVE again.
Same with every other game or movie or song or moment in life...
O.o

zhengyingli
11-13-2012, 08:49 PM
it's all ALIVE again.

It'd be funny if that was posted on Halloween.

kuled2012
11-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Umm...Pretty much every open world game is like that, only one I can think of that isn't is red dead

freddie_1897
11-13-2012, 08:54 PM
1. oh no, no more british people to kill. kill some colonists for christ's sake.

2. why would the forts be unending? once you've captured all of them their aren't going to be anymore, there can't be an unlimited amount of them. also you can still capture forts when the story is over

3. there are areas to liberate after the story is over. again why would you need to liberate an area more than once?

4. i don't know, hunting missions, frontiersmen missions, boston brawlers missions, naval missions, homestead missions, Peg leg missions, assassins contracts, courier requests, attack convoys. and after that you can collect all the feathers, chests, trinkets. try the trading and crafting system, its quite fun. after that you can find all the animals for all areas of the frontier and just go hunting, or get the optional objectives in missions by playing through them again. go and explore the frontier, mess around and then just go and murder everyone. find all of the pivots and then activate the animus hacks just to mess around. if you are a real completionist go and get all the achievements. then, maybe you are done

M413FIK-E
11-13-2012, 08:55 PM

It's funny that you mention that I thought this game was going to pull some elements from RDR like unlimited assassinations; similar to the unlimited bountys, and unlimited random events something like liberation contracts but unlimited, forts being attacked randomly would have been an awesome addition as well. It does suck that there is nothing to after the story is completed though, it's a great game just would have been perfect if these features where in the game. I am hoping that they probably saved these features for the Washington DLC or a patch of some kind.

twenty_glyphs
11-13-2012, 09:15 PM
It's surprising because it's supposed to be an open-world sandbox game, and there are very few toys in the sandbox once the game is over. Yes, every AC game has had this problem, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed. I actually went to liberate my last fort last night after the end of the story, and for some reason it wasn't a restricted zone! Don't know if that was by design or a bug, but it was really lame. None of the guards reacted to me at all, so it was the easiest mission ever. I think something like the forts should be replayable somehow, but they still aren't. At least Revelations let the Assassin dens get retaken so you could replay the missions. I still think it's a shame you can't replay the Borgia Towers from Brotherhood, which I think were even better-designed missions than the Forts. This series really needs more random events, or unending sidequests, or dynamic forts/towers/whatever that you can take and defend/lose (no Den Defense please) or just something to let you enjoy the post-story world.

NumberSix1967
11-14-2012, 02:08 AM
You know, I have started Revelations again and the den defence isn't actually that bad. Not great, granted, but not as bad as I remember. The Brotherhood Borgia tower missions were great; you had to be so patient. I'd be happy to see them return. I'd be happy to see den defence return if it was tweaked a bit. It doesn't have to be a major gameplay issue. I don't see how taking things out of a game and not replacing them is a good idea. Naval battles were fun, and I do like the forts (although I had no idea that they were just related to tax issues for convoys and such...meh). Maybe the forts could double as the sites for not only Borgia tower infiltrations but also the tombs (the forts were built on top of known tomb sites to cover that very fact) and maybe once you take a fort you can keep it and sometimes have to defend it. Worth a try?

hyatari
11-14-2012, 02:38 AM
Umm...Pretty much every open world game is like that, only one I can think of that isn't is red dead

You need to play more open world games. Hell, you need to play any open world game.

RyokuMC
11-14-2012, 02:40 AM

Get the platinum trophy

TreFacTor
11-14-2012, 03:19 AM
This is the same problem I have with the game. I would really enjoy a new game plus feature that would make the game more enjoyable for a second playthrough without having to go through all of the grinding to get the animus hacks (which disable saving any progress anyway which is bone headed if you ask me). I'm having a really boring and hard time forcing myself to get 100% completion ( aside from multiplayer which I never play).

blondbassist
11-14-2012, 04:41 AM
Yeah I know what you mean, ACIII is the only AC game I actually played after I finished the campaign but it still doesn't feel like there much to do and doesn't do a good job of sparking that "Go play and have fun" feeling that games such as GTA san andreas and RDR gave me.