PDA

View Full Version : Less Country Bumpkin Connor, more Roving Sea Captain Connor

Charles_Phipps
11-13-2012, 08:24 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with Conner Kenway.

I think he's my favorite Assassin's Creed protagonist in some ways, edging out Ezio because of a number of plot-related reasons that don't need to be gotten into. I will say, though, that he's schizophrenic in his portrayal in places and I like one Conner much more than the other. I don't much care for Connor Kenway the wannabe Luke Skywalker who seems blindingly naive to just how much political in-fighting is going on behind the scenes in the Revolution. I don't mind him being idealistic but you'd think the game would have disillusioned him a LITTLE before the end.

I *LOVE* Sea Captain Connor. Connor is the confident, intelligent, and has more interests than just being an Assassin. The fact he was willing to sail all around the Western Hemisphere looking for pirate treasure says more about him than most his anti-Templar rants.

So when we inevitably get around to doing "Assassin's Creed 3 1/2" I hope it's something like Assassin's Creed: Privateer or Assassin's Creed: Napoleonic Wars. I'd love to see him as an older and wiser sailor.