PDA

View Full Version : Hytham and Templars

NEURON BOMB
11-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Ok first Haythem one of my fav AC characters of all time but something bothers I read somewhere that the templars have an elite force specifically trained to hunt assassins now that is all well and good but I did not know they had eagle vision I thought this was an ability exclusive to the assassins and doesn't the hidden blade like symbolize the creed why is a templar using one,So if someone could just clarify because I don't know how reliable my source was.

Apirka
11-13-2012, 08:08 PM
No idea about your source either, but Haytham was born into the Assassin order but converted when he was a child. AC: Forsaken apparently tells us the details, but I've still not read it yet...

Lass4r
11-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Eagle vision is not unique to assassins, but I don't remember exactly who is gifted with it. Possibly descendants from the cross breeding of a precursor and a human.

As for the hidden blade Shaun asked the same question in game, and I think he said that it's not a big problem to manufacture one. But its probably more likely that he took one from an assassin when they went hunting for them. Notice how Thomas Hickey was surprised to see Connor, thinking they exterminated all the assassins.

Apirka
11-13-2012, 10:22 PM
....Guys, it says right in the game that his father was an assassin. I'm not sure if that accounts for the hidden blade, since he turned while still quite young, but still.

Gianavel
11-13-2012, 11:43 PM
Technically, it says they think his father was an Assassin, and that's where he got the blades.

NEURON BOMB
11-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Oh ok thanks must have missed the whole converting part

LilyasAvalon
11-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Eagle vision is NOT an ability limited to the assassins. It's a recessive gene passed on from the original, erm, 'assassins', Adam & Eve, who in turn were the result of interbreeding between humans and the First Civ.

Assassin's certainly have a much higher percentage of getting it because most members seem to be born into the order. But there's probably a few templars or normal people who have had this as well.

Anyway, Haytham was originally a born assassin, he defected to the templars like Lucy did.

InfectedNation
11-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Well I'm currently reading Forsaken (You can already get it online) and

SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO READ IT

Haytham was never an Assassin. Ever. But his father was. For some odd reason Edward Kenway and Birch were friends despite being on different sides. After Edward died when Haytham was 9, Birch took him on an expedition to hunt down the men responsible for his fathers death, and after many years inducted him into the Templars.

Scystab
11-14-2012, 01:49 PM

Haytham was never an Assassin. Ever. But his father was. For some odd reason Edward Kenway and Birch were friends despite being on different sides. After Edward died when Haytham was 9, Birch took him on an expedition to hunt down the men responsible for his fathers death, and after many years inducted him into the Templars.

It is exactly so, according to the novel. The odd reason why Birch and Edward have been friends might be the shared idea of the assassins and templars of a better world. That they both craved for it, but had different means of achieving such a goal was presented several times along the franchise :)

Also, Haytham obtained the hidden blade from an assassins he killed a few years before he went to america :)

late edit:

Haytham's father was a confirmed assassin (again, reference from the novel)

AntiChrist7
11-14-2012, 01:50 PM

yep its what i just red in the encyclopediae. I dont know where people get the idea Haytham was an assassin, cause its never mentioned.

LilyasAvalon
11-14-2012, 02:39 PM
yep its what i just red in the encyclopediae. I dont know where people get the idea Haytham was an assassin, cause its never mentioned.

His father was an assassin, most people assume.