PDA

View Full Version : The credits are to looong!

Numsehair
11-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Right, so i just completed the whole compaign on AC3 and now i have to watch the whole 15 min credits and i can't skip it.. Not to be rude or anything but i don't think people spend the time watching these. I would appreciate if you only were forced to go through the "important people" like the voice actors, director and etc or whatever and then were able to skip the rest. Oh well, besides this, the game is pretty awesome ;)

Dan Pen 97
11-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Right, so i just completed the whole compaign on AC3 and now i have to watch the whole 15 min credits and i can't skip it.. Not to be rude or anything but i don't think people spend the time watching these. I would appreciate if you only were forced to go through the "important people" like the voice actors, director and etc or whatever and then were able to skip the rest. Oh well, besides this, the game is pretty awesome ;)

Or they to be 10 mins.

Assassin_M
11-13-2012, 07:35 PM
I`ll ban myself if this thread reaches 3 pages...

kuled2012
11-13-2012, 07:35 PM
but...these people made the game, and their name will only appear for a few seconds, they deserve a few seconds of being known :-S

LinkAndLoad
11-13-2012, 07:40 PM

I Agree but deal with it. I just went on the forums in the mean time, keeping an eye out for in between clips.
All those people deserve to be credited.

Dan Pen 97
11-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Yes we know that. But if they use the forums. We will know then more

pirate1802
11-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Yes we know that. But if they use the forums. We will know then more

If I was a dev I wouldn't want to come on the forums xD

MT4K
11-13-2012, 07:48 PM

I'll leave it open then....

Mr_Shade
11-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Sounds like a plan..

re: OP

As already said - the people in the credits all played a vital role in the game, so they all deserve to be there.. you can't just cut some out..

If you don't l;like them, go watch some TV ;)

MRNMRSPACER
11-13-2012, 07:56 PM
haha i agree they are long...but they all deserve to be there..they did contribute to make this amazing game and if I ever get a chance to work on a project i know i would want my name in there if even for a few seconds

pirate1802
11-13-2012, 08:00 PM

hahahaha xD

freddie_1897
11-13-2012, 08:33 PM
they all played a vital role and i was happy for them to be seen

although when they had ubisoft marketing head i closed my eyes and shouted

Dan Pen 97
11-13-2012, 08:42 PM
they all played a vital role and i was happy for them to be seen

although when they had ubisoft marketing head i closed my eyes and shouted

Shouted at what? May i ask.

freddie_1897
11-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Shouted at what? May i ask.
i shouted at them, they tried to advertise an unbiased, unpatriotic game as a pro-american british slice-em-up causing many people to wrongfully assume the game as such. aside from the story trailer their marketing was useless and in no way represented what the developers wanted the game to be like.

MohMurad
11-13-2012, 09:10 PM
3 pages!

pacmanate
11-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Screw Credits! IDGAP. I normally go to the loo!

playassassins1
11-13-2012, 09:22 PM

This thread will go over 3 pages I'm afraid...

xboxauditore
11-13-2012, 09:26 PM
As soon as the credits roll, I go to the toilet, Get some food and have a quick look at what's on tele.

strigoi1958
01-28-2013, 12:09 PM

The game is more than awesome, at times it's like running through a painting I just climb steeples and admire the artwork, the distressed wood, brickwork, doors, windows, clothes, faces, grass, wheat, weapons.... the sounds even. Run through a wheat field and listen to the sound. The ambient sounds and the music that sets the mood.... every details adds to the feeling of being there.... and therefore every person on every team in each country deserves recognition. However to sit through them every time may be asking a little too much. Some games award an achievement for watching the credits... that could be done or when the cheats have been earned at the end of the game....perhaps 1 could be used to skip the credits in future games. I cannot find the right words to voice my gratitude and appreciation of all that's been done in the making of the game but a credit skip or reduced credit line after the first play through would be nice.

roostersrule2
01-28-2013, 12:23 PM
Goodbye M.

kuled2012
01-28-2013, 12:23 PM

Just when you thought you were in the clear.. XD
Edit: And this post make it page 3 haha :o

AntiChrist7
01-28-2013, 12:41 PM
"i dont think people have time watching these"

You just spend 10-20h on something virtual/non existing. so dont complain you dont have the time

Locopells
01-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Just when you thought you were in the clear.. XD
Edit: And this post make it page 3 haha http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/redface.png

You do realise that comment is the only reason it HAS reached three pages?!

Also, should M be worried that there seems to be a lot of people making sure of the fact?! :-)

AssassinYago
01-28-2013, 05:25 PM

You just spend 10-20h on something virtual/non existing. so dont complain you dont have the time

That's exacly what I am thinking.

pacmanate
01-28-2013, 05:54 PM
I watched the credits cause I value everyone that works on this.

JOKES. I got a coffee and went to the loo.

D.I.D.
01-28-2013, 07:06 PM
but...these people made the game, and their name will only appear for a few seconds, they deserve a few seconds of being known :-S

I bet you can't name a single one of those people who you didn't already know on the way in ;)

If I buy a DVD, all those people's names are deservedly on the credits too, but the disc doesn't force me to watch them all before I can rewatch the movie (and they could, because they do put locked trailers and FBI warnings on the beginning). That's the bottom line here. Ubisoft has to change this, and the arguments regarding respect are a nonsense: respect for the customer should come first, and watching credits should be optional for people who want that information.

Gi1t
01-28-2013, 07:23 PM
but...these people made the game, and their name will only appear for a few seconds, they deserve a few seconds of being known :-SYeah, as long as credits can be, they're deserved. I find it more annoying when people don't get credited for things, like voice roles. -__- I do think you should be able to skip and cutscene or credits sequence if you've watched it alll the way through before, though.

kuled2012
01-28-2013, 07:31 PM
I bet you can't name a single one of those people who you didn't already know on the way in ;).Adrian Hough :)

D.I.D.
01-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Yeah, as long as credits can be, they're deserved. I find it more annoying when people don't get credited for things, like voice roles. -__- I do think you should be able to skip and cutscene or credits sequence if you've watched it alll the way through before, though.

I don't think it's right to lock it even the first time.

Bear in mind, the credits were 19 minutes. If, like me, you had intermittent crash problems in AC3, you were effectively locked out of your own game. It took me dozens of attempts until I was lucky enough to get through the [x] minutes of cutscene and the 19 minutes of credits, because a crash would send me back to the start of the section just prior to the cutscene on every reboot. That's ridiculous.

D.I.D.
01-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Adrian Hough :)

Shenanigans! :D

RinoTheBouncer
01-28-2013, 09:46 PM
I guess the credits, like other games should be skippable, at least after the first play through. Let's be realistic, nobody watches the credits. Everybody rests their hands from the controller or will have waited for that moment to just go to the bathroom or grab something to eat or even turn the game off.

Please don't insult video games. They have much more impact on people than real people do, trust me. Besides, I decide whether I want to spend 10000 hours on a video game that "doesn't exist" or not, and I decide whether a few more seconds on lame rolling credits are worth wasting or not. No offense, just making myself clear.

Gi1t
01-28-2013, 09:56 PM
I don't think it's right to lock it even the first time.Bear in mind, the credits were 19 minutes. If, like me, you had intermittent crash problems in AC3, you were effectively locked out of your own game. It took me dozens of attempts until I was lucky enough to get through the [x] minutes of cutscene and the 19 minutes of credits, because a crash would send me back to the start of the section just prior to the cutscene on every reboot. That's ridiculous.1: That's a good point.2:It's a shame that that's even a problem. A game really ought to be able to run for long enough ot watch its own credits. -__- So yeah, I guess for that reason, it's important to be able to skip anything should the need arise.

strigoi1958
01-28-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm just on my 2nd play and I could've done without the credit break it won't stop me playing more times but it is a little bit niggly. If it was interactive in some way.... either an encyclopaedia or pause the action and be able to highlight an item and the team responsible for that gfx/ design/ sound/ effect can be viewed... see who made that barrel explosion so real etc..... it would make it a little more involving or interesting than watching a black screen with white writing scroll by faster that I can read (I must upgrade to 120 Mhz eyes :))

Gi1t
01-28-2013, 10:33 PM
I'm just on my 2nd play and I could've done without the credit break it won't stop me playing more times but it is a little bit niggly. If it was interactive in some way.... either an encyclopaedia or pause the action and be able to highlight an item and the team responsible for that gfx/ design/ sound/ effect can be viewed... see who made that barrel explosion so real etc..... it would make it a little more involving or interesting than watching a black screen with white writing scroll by faster that I can read (I must upgrade to 120 Mhz eyes :))You mean like AC2 or DMC4?

RinoTheBouncer
01-28-2013, 11:33 PM
I'm just on my 2nd play and I could've done without the credit break it won't stop me playing more times but it is a little bit niggly. If it was interactive in some way.... either an encyclopaedia or pause the action and be able to highlight an item and the team responsible for that gfx/ design/ sound/ effect can be viewed... see who made that barrel explosion so real etc..... it would make it a little more involving or interesting than watching a black screen with white writing scroll by faster that I can read (I must upgrade to 120 Mhz eyes :))

Yeah, maybe with bloopers, extra scenes, making of, voice recordings that make us think, hits for the future..etc.

Abeonis
01-29-2013, 01:47 AM
I wish people would just learn to appreciate the hardwork that goes into these games by every single person mentioned on the credits, and deal with it. What is ten-twenty minutes of your precious life in exchange for somebody getting that little bit of recognition for giving me the last twenty hours of enjoyment?

SixKeys
01-29-2013, 02:19 AM
I wish people would just learn to appreciate the hardwork that goes into these games by every single person mentioned on the credits, and deal with it. What is ten-twenty minutes of your precious life in exchange for somebody getting that little bit of recognition for giving me the last twenty hours of enjoyment?

If other companies manage to make their credit sequences skippable, shorter or even interesting (with extra cut scenes or dialogue like in AC2), why can't Ubisoft?

AntiChrist7
01-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Please don't insult video games. They have much more impact on people than real people do, trust me. Besides, I decide whether I want to spend 10000 hours on a video game that "doesn't exist" or not, and I decide whether a few more seconds on lame rolling credits are worth wasting or not. No offense, just making myself clear.

offcours im not insulting video games. i'm an avid gamer myself. But whining about something futile as this just annoys me endlessly, and is actually why gamer get bad press. How can you talk seriously about gaming as a hobby(which it's still is, its not your whole life), if people with stupid complaints like that keep popping up.

@OP: go for a pee, have lunch, phone a friend, walk the dog, read a magazine, etc... If you really dont know what to do when you have 15min to spare, dont blame ubisoft for your empty life

RinoTheBouncer
01-29-2013, 01:56 PM
offcours im not insulting video games. i'm an avid gamer myself. But whining about something futile as this just annoys me endlessly, and is actually why gamer get bad press. How can you talk seriously about gaming as a hobby(which it's still is, its not your whole life), if people with stupid complaints like that keep popping up.

@OP: go for a pee, have lunch, phone a friend, walk the dog, read a magazine, etc... If you really dont know what to do when you have 15min to spare, dont blame ubisoft for your empty life

Because people like him do not represent the entire community, not does people like me. I'm just saying that Games are now as important as movies and even more, they're too big to be something "unreal".

strigoi1958
01-29-2013, 05:08 PM

I truly do appreciate them all, last night I really did admire the grain in the wood in a tavern and I loved the fact that the light on lyles porch was flickering, trust me I am in awe of every detail... I'm simply saying that I have appreciated all their efforts by paying for the game and to be honest, having played it twice it was a bargain I'd happily have paid another 50% on top. But the way in which the credits are presented are not great. making it unskippable (is that a word ??? ) once is okay or.... make it more interesting. At present the credits are too fast to read (try reading the job titles and names out loud... impossible) and it's too long to be interesting in the current instant gratification world. If we're all going to go make a drink or take a toilet break then we're not going to watch the credits....in which case, what purpose do they serve by not being watched ? I'd prefer interaction... I fire at a barrel of gunpowder... the scene goes to slow motion highlighting items such as weapon designed by xxxxxxx explosion by xxxxxxx smoke and sound xxxxxxx at least I'd take more notice than 5 names per second passing by.

dxsxhxcx
01-29-2013, 06:39 PM

if the game isn't enough to make someone recognize the effort of those involved in making it I doubt the credits will help with that...

kuled2012
01-29-2013, 07:06 PM
I clapped when I got to the GTA 4 credits...lol

ZerOtodona
01-29-2013, 09:17 PM

Dude, I went and made a sandwich for lunch when the credits were rolling. I forgot to turn the music back on so it was so silent.

jamgamerforever
01-30-2013, 11:33 AM
If I enjoy a game/movie I sit through and try to read as many of the names as I can. I've done the same for each AC game, even though they last for a while. It actually makes you appreciate how much international effort goes into each game - there are studios all around the world.

I admit I'd like an ability to at least speed them up after you've finished the game the first time though.

lothario-da-be
01-30-2013, 03:20 PM
If I enjoy a game/movie I sit through and try to read as many of the names as I can. I've done the same for each AC game, even though they last for a while. It actually makes you appreciate how much international effort goes into each game - there are studios all around the world.

I admit I'd like an ability to at least speed them up after you've finished the game the first time though.
This,
I think about what just happend,i enjoy the music and i am astonished how much the same names appear. It looks like they don't have much names in Canada.

the_atm
01-30-2013, 06:01 PM
No! I HATE PEOPLE WHO SAY "OHHHH THE CREDITS ARE BORRING, THEIR TO LONG WHA WHA HWA" THINK ABOUT THE GUY WHO WROTE THOSE CREDITS!!!! THINK ABOUT HIM! WE SHOULD ALL WATCH THE CREDITS AND THANK THE GUY WHO SAT AT HIS COMPUTER DOING IT! HOW ABOUT THAT!!!!! lol

Abeonis
01-30-2013, 11:13 PM
If other companies manage to make their credit sequences skippable, shorter or even interesting (with extra cut scenes or dialogue like in AC2), why can't Ubisoft?How does what other companies do have any bearing on this matter? If Ubisoft have decided that everybody who contributed to the making of your game deserves to have their name on your screen for no more than five seconds (per name), who are you to complain? If you don't want to watch the credits and/or do not appreciate the effort that goes into making the product, return the game to the store you bought it from.
But the way in which the credits are presented are not great. making it unskippable (is that a word ??? ) once is okay or.... make it more interesting.This I do agree with, if they made the credits skippable on a second paythrough, I would have no complaint; I've already seen the names of those involved and appreciated their efforts.
if the game isn't enough to make someone recognize the effort of those involved in making it I doubt the credits will help with that...Maybe not, but that's besides the point. They still deserve to be recognised, even if the consumer chooses to ignore it (just walk away and make a sandwich for crien' out loud).

SixKeys
01-30-2013, 11:20 PM
How does what other companies do have any bearing on this matter? If Ubisoft have decided that everybody who contributed to the making of your game deserves to have their name on your screen for no more than five seconds (per name), who are you to complain? If you don't want to watch the credits and/or do not appreciate the effort that goes into making the product, return the game to the store you bought it from.

Loooool, so if I don't want to sit through 45 minutes of credits every single time I finish the game, I should just return it to the store? So every time you watch a movie you always stay until the end of the credits, even if it's a movie you've seen 5 times? I'm okay with sitting through them the first time, usually because I'm always hoping there might be an extra scene or dialogue at the end, but having the credits be not skippable after the first playthrough is just ridiculous.

Abeonis
01-31-2013, 01:35 AM
Loooool, so if I don't want to sit through 45 minutes of credits every single time I finish the game, I should just return it to the store? So every time you watch a movie you always stay until the end of the credits, even if it's a movie you've seen 5 times? I'm okay with sitting through them the first time, usually because I'm always hoping there might be an extra scene or dialogue at the end, but having the credits be not skippable after the first playthrough is just ridiculous.No, but you can get up and walk away during those credits... I never said you had to sit through them, but making them skippable is something else entirely; the discussion revolves around this question really; "Does somebody who contributed to the development of the product deserve to be acknowledged, even if it's only for five seconds?" I think the answer to that question is a definitive yes. Also, I would point out that I said that I agree with making the credits skippable on a second or additional playthrough, but not the first.

strigoi1958
02-01-2013, 04:32 PM
If Ubisoft offered a patch to skip the credits for $1/1 I wonder whether it would bother us enough to pay ? skippable after 1 watching seems fair but at least after watching the first time (hey I did.... I kept thinking they must end soon) I tried to pick out a few names but it was hard to know what they did... exactly. I knew roughly how long they were so the 2nd play through I caught up with my emails by phone... so the credits served no purpose apart from making me wait to carry on playing.... just burning up electricity in a global eco friendly environment that frowns on such waste.

AntiChrist7
02-01-2013, 04:59 PM
turn off your screen to save energy?

although its obvious your eco argument is BS, quite pathetic honestly. "Skip the credits fo the planet" ou say, but offcours you want to say "skip the credits so i dont keep playing more"

EDIT: even better: in the 15 minutes, go plant a tree or something. Or kill your pet. cats and dogs are a big threat to thenvironment, since you care that much

FrankieSatt
02-01-2013, 06:40 PM
The credits should be OPTIONAL to watch, not madatory to the point that you can bypass them. I surfed websites unitl they were over, never saw one second of them

Also another pet peeve, they want to waste energy showing us credits we don't want to watch but then try to "save the planet" in depriving us of a decent game manual in the box.

Hypocrisy anyone?