PDA

View Full Version : Will we be able to pre-load AC3 on Steam a few days before release?

WarlordSpinal
11-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Since i recall ACR being up for pre-load some days before the release date, will AC3 have a pre-load at all?

Would be nice to let us download it two days or so before release.

I'm not sure if i should be asking this on the Steam forums, so i just directed it to the official ones here. Would be nice if we could get an official word on this, though.

diaze1
11-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Revelations had a pre-load, so I'm fairly certain this will have one too.

Especially different release dates for EU/NA suggest this.

Dellers
11-13-2012, 07:10 PM
It better have. As usual the Steam release is coming after the retail stores have closed for the day (if the counter is correct), and it's the same with Far Cry 3. It's funny how Steam releases are nearly always later than the retail releases. They're too late and far more expensive than the retail stores. Weird business model.

Johny-Al-Knox
11-13-2012, 07:25 PM
It better have. As usual the Steam release is coming after the retail stores have closed for the day (if the counter is correct), and it's the same with Far Cry 3. It's funny how Steam releases are nearly always later than the retail releases. They're too late and far more expensive than the retail stores. Weird business model.

Well assuming u have to drive to the store. Well u save gas money

WarlordSpinal
11-13-2012, 07:29 PM

More expensive? Most of the Standard Editions of new releases are around 50 euros for me. Retailers over here sell them for just about the same. I guess it's much different depending on country.

I've been with Steam for a good 3 years, if anything it's a very reliable and helpful platform that just grows on you with time. Having a bunch of games tied to your account can be rather risky, yes. But in the long run, it's actual very useful. No fear of losing discs or serial keys.

Opinions differ though, of course. Some people love Steam, some don't and some people just like to have the game boxes around. Understandable.

Dellers
11-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Assassin's Creed 3 Special Edition is 299 nok or 41 Euros. Far cry 3 is 349 or 47 Euros. Both are 50 on Steam. The Euro rate is very low at the moment, so usually the difference would be bigger. Traditionally new games have been 80-100 nok more expensive on Steam, and some COD titles effectively cost up to 500 nok. That's the console price here!

WarlordSpinal
11-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Any news at all, yet?

Thought i should ask since we're only 3 days away from the (US) release.

Mr_Shade
11-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Hi Guys,

The only advice I can give - is to watch for steam to announce it.

Steam are in charge of any pre-load - as the retailer and digital download provider - so you should consider contacting Steam Support and asking them.

I will see if we have any information, however like I said, it is down to them to allow it.

connor_bg
11-17-2012, 07:29 PM
The euro is so freaking expensive in steam, i mean the AC3 DD costs about 75 euro on steam, which is 150 leva in my currency, and the same edition costs 75 dollars on other websites where it is 100 leva in my currency, which compared with the dollar is 50 leva threw at the wind.

Mr_Shade
11-17-2012, 07:37 PM
The euro is so freaking expensive in steam, i mean the AC3 DD costs about 75 euro on steam, which is 150 leva in my currency, and the same edition costs 75 dollars on other websites where it is 100 leva in my currency, which compared with the dollar is 50 leva threw at the wind.
It's always worth shopping around :)

connor_bg
11-17-2012, 07:45 PM
It's always worth shopping around :)

It may be for some of the countries. Considering that my country's lowest salary by law is 120 euros, it is not worth it.

Johny-Al-Knox
11-17-2012, 07:56 PM

Thats wierd, i thought it was cheap.. (Well im from norway everything is expensive here lol)..

connor_bg
11-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Thats wierd, i thought it was cheap.. (Well im from norway everything is expensive here lol)..

Links removed.

ElleCore
11-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Well, if there is going to be a pre-load it should start in 24 hours or 48 at most. The US Steam release is 20th.

TiberiusAC
11-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Both Brotherhood and Revelations were available for pre-load so,yeah,I assume same will happen with ACIII.

Dellers
11-17-2012, 11:16 PM
It may be for some of the countries. Considering that my country's lowest salary by law is 120 euros, it is not worth it.
May I ask for how much time of work that would be, for 120 Euros I mean?

WarlordSpinal
11-17-2012, 11:19 PM
I think the pre-load will be either Sunday or Monday. Most likely Monday, though. it just fits with the week beginning and all, heh.