PDA

View Full Version : Am I The only one who think the ac3 was bad ?

Irifinity
11-13-2012, 11:10 AM
At first to who will answer my thread. Please try to be reason not just post "AC3 is the best your stupid" or trolling

I don't get it why many people says It's good.If you guys can show me the reason I would appreciated
I played all the assassin creed series (I,II,Brotherhood,Revelation) like 3-4 times
But I think the AC3 is bad (I never play it because I not yet release on PC) But I watch over and over again on youtube there's ton of it

1.Desmond - I'm I the only one having problem with that. I saw the AC3 gameplay and wtf! is that guy a fake desmond ??? The story is continue from revelation
But all Desmond Rebecca Shaun Don't even look the same as revelation
2.Movement - I think It look very bad as I can see they're seperate movement between upper body and lower body Like Desmond is about to split in the half
All climbing and fighting movement is looking bad for me. compare to the other ac series
3.Battle system - I saw many says the battle system is good.But I think it's the same kill-streak system and the enemy seem to even weaker no hard enemy (from what I saw)
that can't counter or have to use more technique that just using kill-streak from one to another
4.Gameplay - I think it's very boring nothing challenge. tree climbing is just replacing the rock with tree (I feel more exciting with ACR than AC3)
Most of them is just kill and talk.There is no assassin moment like "requiescat in pace" or something and Ezio story-line from nothing to become assassin
is way betten than connor
5.Corner - I have no idea why many people like him so much he not even look like assassin if you can give me the reason I would appreciated
I would love to switch connor with vaas from Far Cry 3 that would make AC3 look better for me

Now I waste like hour for this thread and I can't think any of it yet so. If I have furthur question I will update this thread

Legendz54
11-13-2012, 11:15 AM
I respectfully disagree, No you are probably not the only one who dislikes AC3 but this is a Ubisoft forum with many fans soo....As I have said before I felt like Connor was a real and true character that was not manufactured to be liked by the audience.

Just play it first before you judge... Watching a few videos and coming up with this is not much..

Irifinity
11-13-2012, 11:22 AM
I respectfully disagree, No you are probably not the only one who dislikes AC3 but this is a Ubisoft forum with many fans soo....As I have said before I felt like Connor was a real and true character that was not manufactured to be liked by the audience.

Just play it first before you judge...
I appreciated you reply but you don't answer any of my opinion why it's bad
and what is "but this is a Ubisoft forum with many fans soo" the fans gonna troll me or something ??
I'm AC fan and I like Ubisoft. why nobody try to be more reason

Edit : And I very disagree with "Just play it first before you judge" I playing is not gonna change the way desmond look or gameplay

Edit : Have you played all ac series or just ac3 ?

zhengyingli
11-13-2012, 11:30 AM
You can only judge it so far without playing it, though.

Irifinity
11-13-2012, 11:36 AM
You can only judge it so far without playing it, though.

Wow! did you ever read my post.or just trolling

Irifinity
11-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Respectfully. I know they will be many useless reply and I already told at first "Please try to be reason"
And 2 reply jump me with I'm not yet playing it. I want to ask back did you actually play all ac series or just play the AC3 and think it cool ?

zhengyingli
11-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Wow! did you ever read my post.or just trolling
We can't really discuss gameplay without you having experienced it is all I'm saying. You're pretty wrong about battle mechanics, for example.

Irifinity
11-13-2012, 11:44 AM
We can't really discuss gameplay without you having experienced it is all I'm saying. You're pretty wrong about battle mechanics, for example.

Then why not you show me the reason why I was wrong. I want the answer and very appreciated to know that I'm wrong

And did you play all ac series ?

Legendz54
11-13-2012, 11:50 AM
I appreciated you reply but you don't answer any of my opinion why it's bad
and what is "but this is a Ubisoft forum with many fans soo" the fans gonna troll me or something ??
I'm AC fan and I like Ubisoft. why nobody try to be more reason

Edit : And I very disagree with "Just play it first before you judge" I playing is not gonna change the way desmond look or gameplay

Edit : Have you played all ac series or just ac3 ?

Yes i have played from the first AC, you dont need reasons to know why its good.. I can only tell you its good because of what i have experienced.. and even then its still my opinion, Play it and find out if its good for yourself.

Legendz54
11-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes i have played from the first AC, you dont need reasons to know why its good.. I can only tell you its good because of what i have experienced.. and even then its still my opinion, Play it and find out if its good for yourself.

1The modern day characters faces have changed because of graphics
2Movement is very fluid in AC3 such as vaulting and free running
3I have played and can say enemies are tougher ( Such as firing lines)
4Tree running and mountain climbing is an awesome addition and very fun for me
5 I like Connor, but its my opinion, Find it out for yourself.

Irifinity
11-13-2012, 11:53 AM

I'm agree with you about the gameplay that maybe I was wrong

And what about desmond don't even look the same the split motion ?? you didn't notice that or something

zhengyingli
11-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Then why not you show me the reason why I was wrong. I want the answer and very appreciated to know that I'm wrong

And did you play all ac series ?
No, I haven't played any of the AC games. Not even ACIII. Because from watching all the trailers, i can tell they must suck pretty hard.

Legendz54
11-13-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm agree with you about the gameplay that maybe I was wrong

And what about desmond don't even look the same the split motion ?? you didn't notice that or something

They improved his face model to look more like AC1. Better then revelations IMO.

ShadowFiend1993
11-13-2012, 11:59 AM
I don't see what your problem is with Desmond looking different, in case you didn't notice, He, Altair and Ezio looked almost completely different from the other games in ACR, and Desmond in AC3 looks more like he did in the first game again, so that seems kinda irrelevant.

Movement and combat is more fluid than ever IMO, yes there are a few buggy moments in combat and while free-running but for the most part it's much better. Having full control over the camera while running is a nice change too. Combat is more challenging than the other games, (or on par with AC1) I've actually died a couple of times in combat, which hasn't happened to me for a long time in an AC game. :p Things like firing lines keep you on your toes as you have to react quickly to avoid getting shot, and if you do get hit by 3 or 4 guys shooting you it's enough to kill you almost straight away. You also can't just kill streak every enemy in the game, for example Jagers can counter a kill streak.

As for Connor, he's very different to Ezio (which is a good thing, a clone of him would be boring) and I think he's the kind of character not everyone will like. Like Mani60Cent12 said, Connor is a true character and wasn't created to be loved by everyone the way Ezio was. But I like Connor and wouldn't say no to a sequel with him.

And lastly, since you were asking someone else in this thread, I have played all the other games in the AC series multiple times (been a fan of the series since AC1 was released) and for me AC3 is right up there with AC2, possibly even better. I'm still trying to decide on that one lol.

Edit: Changed my email address and linked my xbl gamertag and it deleted my old forum account, yay for being on 1 post again xD

silvermercy
11-13-2012, 12:05 PM
It depends on the youtube videos you're watching. Gameplay by different players can indeed suck.

Irifinity
11-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks Dralight and Mani60 for the reply. I really appreciated it

I have a problem with desmond look because the story is continue from revelation (the scene desmond on the van and the door opened) and AC3 continue from that point but all charactors have changed at first sight I thought is wow! is this a fake assassin creed (fake desmond,rebecca,shaun) you guys may call It changed but I call it mistake. that's why I having problem with it

Edit : and desmond doesn't have hidden blade that he get from AC2 and still show up on ACB and ACR

ShadowFiend1993
11-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Thanks Dralight and Mani60 for the reply. I really appreciated it

I have a problem with desmond look because the story is continue from revelation (the scene desmond on the van and the door opened) and AC3 continue from that point but all charactors have changed at first sight I thought is wow! is this a fake assassin creed (fake desmond,rebecca,shaun) you guys may call It changed but I call it mistake. that's why I having problem with it

Edit : and desmond doesn't have hidden blade that he get from AC2 and still show up on ACB and ACR

Well I for one am glad they changed Desmond's appearance again, I really wasn't a fan of the way he looked in Revelations lol. Although since his appearance has changed so much throughout the series, it can kind of take you out of the experience a bit I guess.

I don't think Desmond was wearing his hidden blade in ACR, but you do see it again in AC3, but i'll say no more since i'd be going into spoiler territory.

Death_Angel733
11-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Of course you are. I mean there are 7 billion people alive, I'm pretty sure you're the only one with a unique opinion.

On topic:
1.It's a sequel, of course it is a continuation of ACR. I don't why they changed the models.
2.What do you want? It's better than Ezio's upper body completely frozen when running with a crossbow.
3.Weaker? Are you joking? In the past games what you do is hold R1 then press square to counter kill every enemy archetype. In AC3, each type has a different weakness. Press the wrong button and you might end up being b*tch slapped by a Jager. Also you have to be careful not to attack a Brute with the wrong combo or else he'll just catch your tomahawk then headbutt you, ending your streak. The only thing I miss from previous games were the Janissary and Papal Guards.

Compared to previous games, you can't just spam the same button. My only problem with the combat is it has too many Quick Time Events. I'd prefer it if they remove or at least have an option to turn it off.

4.They improved the Parkour system a lot, how is it boring?
5."He does not look like an Assassin"
What do you want an Ezio clone? It's perfect especially for deception. No one would expect a Native American to be highly intelligent and stealthy. But if Physical Appearance is your thing, I could really care less.

"I never play it because I not yet release on PC", " I saw the AC3 gameplay"
This just proves you have never played the game before. Play it first before making any feedbacks.

You remind me of COD players commenting on Battlefield for having large maps and slow gameplay. In reality it's quite the opposite especially on 64-Player PC.

Yes, I played all the previous AC games. I started out with a pirated Assassins Creed then I liked it and bought the original game. After that I bought AC2 for PC. When Brotherhood and Revelations was released I bought it on PS3 since playing AC with a Keyboard + Mouse feels awkward. Not to mention Ubisoft's friendship with Sony.

You should really play it first before bashing on it. I felt the same way with other games but I actually played them before I posted any feedbacks. AC3 was a huge innovation when compared to the Ezio Trilogy. Revelations felt like a DLC for Brotherhood really.

If you think AC3 is buggy, I suggest you wait for future games. They've built this game and engine from ground up, don't expect it to be fully polished.

TrueAssassin77
11-13-2012, 12:27 PM
At first to who will answer my thread. Please try to be reason not just post "AC3 is the best your stupid" or trolling

I don't get it why many people says It's good.If you guys can show me the reason I would appreciated
I played all the assassin creed series (I,II,Brotherhood,Revelation) like 3-4 times
But I think the AC3 is bad (I never play it because I not yet release on PC) But I watch over and over again on youtube there's ton of it

1.Desmond - I'm I the only one having problem with that. I saw the AC3 gameplay and wtf! is that guy a fake desmond ??? The story is continue from revelation
But all Desmond Rebecca Shaun Don't even look the same as revelation
2.Movement - I think It look very bad as I can see they're seperate movement beteen upper body and lower body Like Desmond is about to split in the half
All climbing and fighting movement is looking bad for me. compare to the other ac series
3.Battle system - I saw many says the battle system is good.But I think it's the same kill-streak system and the enemy seem to even weaker no hard enemy (from what I saw)
that can't counter or have to use more technique that just using kill-streak from one to another
4.Gameplay - I think it's very boring nothing challenge. tree climbing is just replacing the rock with tree (I feel more exciting with ACR than AC3)
Most of them is just kill and talk.There is no assassin moment like "requiescat in pace" or something and Ezio story-line from nothing to become assassin
is way betten than connor
5.Corner - I have no idea why many people like him so much he not even look like assassin if you can give me the reason I would appreciated
I would love to switch connor with vaas from Far Cry 3 that would make AC3 look better for me

Now I waste like hour for this thread and I can't think any of it yet so. If I have furthur question I will update this thread
None of your points are valid. Stop watching youtube to judge a videogame.
Sounds to me like you want a photocopy of the previous AC. And your comment about conner not looking like an assassin rubs me the wrong way. Gameplay is better than ever. Fighting is harder than ever(still kinda easy) climbing is more realistic, tree running is completely different from anything ever seen.

And you need to play the game before coming up with BS solutions. Sorry, its true

wapikas
11-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Facial models in AC# were way off compared to previous games, maybe it's new engine maybe there were lazy, who cares it's minor adjustment. It was only werid maybe 10 min. in the beginning of the game, I seriously was like "who's that guy?!?... Desmond..oh well"

But what really was worst in AC3 was the ending. It did not solve or answer anything. All the series is has been about is to build up to this last game, to this last moment. And for what, it's like LOST series all over again where script writers only prolonged story, produced more episodes, made up more crazy schemes and finally it was big pile of nothing. They should have ended Desmond's story with real solution and in AC4 or what ever is next AC continue with new idea.

Irifinity
11-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Well. I agree that I maybe wrong about the game and upset over cosmetic thing

But I don't agree with "you have to play it first" It's true that you don't get 100% experience from watching but doesn't mean I can't judge it
If the game was bad in my idea why I have to buy it ? even watching is boring for me playing them is boring too

For example :
you don't have to cut your finger off to know if it hurt or you don't have to eat sh*t to know it can't eat (didn''t mean to insult)

Death_Angel733
11-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Facial models in AC# were way off compared to previous games, maybe it's new engine maybe there were lazy, who cares it's minor adjustment. It was only werid maybe 10 min. in the beginning of the game, I seriously was like "who's that guy?!?... Desmond..oh well"

But what really was worst in AC3 was the ending. It did not solve or answer anything. All the series is has been about is to build up to this last game, to this last moment. And for what, it's like LOST series all over again where script writers only prolonged story, produced more episodes, made up more crazy schemes and finally it was big pile of nothing. They should have ended Desmond's story with real solution and in AC4 or what ever is next AC continue with new idea.

SPOILERS]

I came into conclusion that: The Assassins were puppets by the First Civilization and the Templars were actually the good guys. If I were Desmond, i'd go into Abstergo and give them the apple so they could launch the Satellite to stop the ending. I won't go into much details here, but let's just say the game is way too biased to the Assassins group. I mean seriously, Juno is a bigger threat than the Templars.

SPOILERS]

misterB2001
11-13-2012, 12:58 PM
OP=troll

Death_Angel733
11-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Well. I agree that I maybe wrong about the game and upset over cosmetic thing

But I don't agree with "you have to play it first" It's true that you don't get 100% experience from watching but doesn't mean I can't judge it
If the game was bad in my idea why I have to buy it ? even watching is boring for me playing them is boring too

For example :
you don't have to cut your finger off to know if it hurt or you don't have to eat sh*t to know it can't eat (didn''t mean to insult)

I understand it was your impression.

Still this line is pretty wrong "I don't get it why many people says It's good"

Cosmetics are opinionated, we can't do anything about it.

ProdiGurl
11-13-2012, 01:00 PM
>> But I don't agree with "you have to play it first" It's true that you don't get 100% experience from watching but doesn't mean I can't judge it
If the game was bad in my idea why I have to buy it ? <<

I'll be honest, I don't care what you do - but watching somebody else play a game is not the same as doing it yourself. If you're a gamer, you should realize that already. I thought Max Payne's latest release looked excellent... I rented it & was bored after the first couple hours. Not a game I'd buy at all. So there you go - playing makes a big difference, it could go either way.
I'd get REAL bored watching somebody else hunt 4 types of animals in different locations - SNORE. But when I'm the one having to find them & use different ways to get them & achieve the goal, it's pure fun with the challenge of it. That's pretty obvious imo.

Respectfully. I know they will be many useless reply and I already told at first "Please try to be reason"
And 2 reply jump me with I'm not yet playing it. I want to ask back did you actually play all ac series or just play the AC3 and think it cool ?

Did you ever stop to think your comments were "useless"? But anyways.
Why don't you get to a Redbox and rent AC3 and actually play it for yourself? Watching something on a video is not near the same as actually playing & experiencing it firsthand, esp. where controller mechanics are involved. How do you know if you prefer combat w/ the new mechanics without doing it yourself to find out?

AC3 surpasses ACR in that there's 200 x's more to do and more risk involved with what you're doing. For the first time, I had animal threat below a viewpoint & couldn't synch it until I took out the wolf. BRILLIANT. :D There's alot more thinking to do in this game where your actions are concerned than in previous games imo and I appreciate that.
Combat is far superior w/ combo moves, Connor's new animations that are just B A Dness.....

The graphics/faces are 100% better than previous games too. Seasonal changes/weather.... Movement is 100x's better because they streamlined the running & climbing so it's not so tedious and monotonous (and time consuming - altho the Hookblade addition in ACR helped speed climbing up thankfully). So now you aren't micro-managing every move you make. Not laborious anymore but needs some tweaking so you don't jump onto everything nearby.

And talk about money's worth...... the amount of gameplay is amazing, it's worth every penny and I'm happy to have paid full price at release!

So as far as I'm concerned, this is an unfair analysis without playing anything yourself - and by the way, I'm an avid Ezio lover & adore his entire Trilogy, I own each one and replay them. AC3 imo surpasses the Trilogy in some ways but I will always hold a deep fondness for them. Ubi outdid itself. Now they just have to get those bugs/glitches resolved. Thankfully I've had none to speak of in my gameplay.

Irifinity
11-13-2012, 01:03 PM
I understand it was your impression.

Still this line is pretty wrong "I don't get it why many people says It's good"

Cosmetics are opinionated, we can't do anything about it.

You understand it the other way. I mean I only saw the bad point of the game and want to know if i was wrong or what the good point is

Irifinity
11-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Why don't you get to a Redbox and rent AC3 and actually play it for yourself? Watching something on a video is not near the same as actually playing & experiencing it firsthand, esp. where controller mechanics are involved. How do you know if you prefer combat w/ the new mechanics without doing it yourself to find out?

AC3 surpasses ACR in that there's 200 x's more to do and more risk involved with what you're doing. For the first time, I had animal threat below a viewpoint & couldn't synch it until I took out the wolf. BRILLIANT. :D There's alot more thinking to do in this game where your actions are concerned than in previous games imo and I appreciate that.
Combat is far superior w/ combo moves, Connor's new animations that are just B A Dness.....

The graphics/faces are 100% better than previous games too. Movement is 100's better because they streamlined the running & climbing so it's not so tedious and monotonous (and time consuming - altho the Hookblade addition in ACR helped speed climbing up thankfully). So now you aren't micro-managing every move you make.
Too laborious before.

And talk about money's worth...... the amount of gameplay is amazing, it's worth every penny and I'm happy to have paid full price at release!

So as far as I'm concerned, this is an unfair analysis without playing anything yourself - and by the way, I'm an avid Ezio lover & adore his entire Trilogy, I own each one and replay them. AC3 imo surpasses the Trilogy in some ways but I will always hold a deep fondness for them. Ubi outdid itself. Now they just have to get those bugs/glitches resolved. Thankfully I've had none to speak of in my gameplay.

I agree with you. But I don't feel it that way when I watching some playthrough on youtube I have a feeling like don't want to spoil it (xbox usually come first) But for AC3 I watching it and fell it's boring
so I look for inspiration or something to make me like this game like other does.

For example : I go to the thread why AC3 is awesome

1.The AC tomahawk is awesome <-- ??? I prefer altair sword
2.Combat is better than ever <-- for me it's the same kill-streak which make game too easy and boring
3 Bow and Arrow <-- new look of ezio crossbow
4. Huge gorgeous landscapes <-- I don't think so I would call Far Cry 3 has hugh landscape instead
5. hunting is refreshing <-- I don't get it. just change from human to animal.and why the assassin has to kill animal (I think Far Cry 3 has it so they put it in AC3 too)
6. game length was awesome <-- 40hrs gameplay ? I think every ac series has 30+hrs gameplay if you do everything
7. Haythem, nuff said <-- ???
8. fast travel works awesome <-- AC3 can travel more easier and faster but it make game boring. "why walking just warp"
9. SO MANY SIDEQUESTS YESS <-- They put every kind of side quest from other ac series. Thinking I have to do them over again is boring enought
13. Commanding my own ship was just plain fun. <-- If I want to commanding ship I would play Silent Hunter instead

BBALive
11-13-2012, 01:27 PM
for me it's the same kill-streak which make game too easy and boring

It isn't like that at all. Kill-streaks are a lot less useful since enemies attack more often, interrupting you a lot of the time.

BBALive
11-13-2012, 01:35 PM
1.The AC tomahawk is awesome <-- ??? I prefer altair sword
Then use a sword. The tomahawk isn't the only weapon in the game.

4. Huge gorgeous landscapes <-- I don't think so I would call Far Cry 3 has hugh landscape instead
They are both big games. Far Cry 3 isn't out yet, so you can't compare the size of environment.

5. hunting is refreshing <-- I don't get it. just change from human to animal.and why the assassin has to kill animal
It really isn't that simple. Hunting animals is a lot different to fighting enemies. It's something you have to experience to appreciate. Hunting is in the game because it's part of Connor's culture.

6. game length was awesome <-- 40hrs gameplay ? I think every ac series has 30+hrs gameplay if you do everything
Revelations was barely even 20 hours long if you did everything. I think my playtime was around 18 hours. Which is how long it took me to do just the main story in AC3. AC2 is the only game in the series that is comparable in length

7. Haythem, nuff said <-- ???
People like him.

8. fast travel works awesome <-- AC3 can travel more easier and faster but it make game boring. "why walking just warp"
Fast travel isn't a necessity. It just allows you to get from place to place when you don't feel like walking or running all the way there. Many games use it, not just AC3.

9. SO MANY SIDEQUESTS YESS <-- They put every kind of side quest from other ac series. Thinking I have to do them over again is boring enought
They've added new side quests as well.

13. Commanding my own ship was just plain fun. <-- If I want to commanding ship I would play Silent Hunter instead
Then I feel bad for you. You'll be missing out on one of the best parts of the game.

Irifinity
11-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks for all reply.Think I got enough and I won't buy it

Irifinity
11-13-2012, 01:50 PM
It isn't like that at all. Kill-streaks are a lot less useful since enemies attack more often, interrupting you a lot of the time.

Enemy hard or easy depend on experience or skill

ProdiGurl
11-13-2012, 01:55 PM
LOL I love pre-judging, people who have played it refute the "bad" parts listed then you decide it's bad anyway.
Whatever. This is why game rentals exist out there but hey, don't bother doing any leg work past pre-judging & guessing.

hyatari
11-13-2012, 02:02 PM
It was a poor game. Extremely dumbed down and disappointing.

Death_Angel733
11-13-2012, 02:21 PM

Ok.

Now if you'll kindly edit your opinion into the first post so people will avoid repeating the same comments.

pirate1802
11-13-2012, 02:52 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4pitf6xNP1qhvrsr.jpg

LuckyBide
11-13-2012, 02:58 PM
I was very disappointed by AC III too :(
It seems like devs didn't have the time to finish the game.
More cinematics than gameplay and some missions are totally useless. The universe is giant, they could have done something bigger and deeper.
And Connor is not as charismatic as Altair and Ezio were.
However, naval missions and frontier area are great. The game has great ideas but not enough.

PS: Sorry for my bad english

LinkAndLoad
11-13-2012, 03:03 PM
I didn't think it was bad, I am just really disappointed in this last installment.

CalgaryJay
11-13-2012, 04:27 PM
OP, If you think naval looks bad then you don't deserve to play this game. Even people who hated this game say how good the naval missions were.

It was a poor game. Extremely dumbed down and disappointing.

That's exactly how I feel about you as a poster.

kuled2012
11-13-2012, 06:56 PM
That's exactly how I feel about you as a poster.
shots fired

Assassin_M
11-13-2012, 07:00 PM
No. You`re not the only one..

You`re a Minority, though

DavisP92
11-13-2012, 07:28 PM
I was very disappointed by AC III too :(
It seems like devs didn't have the time to finish the game.
More cinematics than gameplay and some missions are totally useless. The universe is giant, they could have done something bigger and deeper.
And Connor is not as charismatic as Altair and Ezio were.
However, naval missions and frontier area are great. The game has great ideas but not enough.

PS: Sorry for my bad english

there weren't more cinematics than gameplay unless you jut ran from mission to mission. I spent a good 2 hours or more on sequence 5 just doing side missions and hunting.

When was Altair charismatic at all, he had no charm (at least with the ladies that was shown in any of the games really), Ezio was the only one that had charm. Altair was blind devotion until he opened his eyes, Ezio was the ladies man that sucked as an assassin, and Connor is the justice fighter.

But yes the game could have been a lot better, and could have done things that really put it on the top.

Edit: Is it just me or do the majority of the people that don't like AC3 or fans of ACB and ACR over the rest?

TheHumanTowel
11-13-2012, 07:31 PM
You know what I was just thinking? This forum could use yet another useless thread bashing the game! Especially from someone who hasn't even played the game! (that's always a sign of a well-informed opinion).

How about we just ignore crap threads like this from now on guys? And pay attention to actual constrictive criticism instead of ignorant idiots like this guy.

Razrback16
11-13-2012, 07:51 PM
My review of the game is on page 53 in the official feedback thread, but in short, no, you are not the only one. Many folks do not like it. I finally spoke with a few guys at my work today who are also into the series and they did not like AC3 either. All of us feel it is the least fun and least polished of all 5 of the AC games.

ProdiGurl
11-13-2012, 08:19 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4pitf6xNP1qhvrsr.jpg

*Giggle*

ProdiGurl
11-13-2012, 08:37 PM
You know what I was just thinking? This forum could use yet another useless thread bashing the game! Especially from someone who hasn't even played the game! (that's always a sign of a well-informed opinion).

How about we just ignore crap threads like this from now on guys? And pay attention to actual constrictive criticism instead of ignorant idiots like this guy.

I'm practically there myself . . I know there's some valid criticism (which exists for all games really), but honestly, it's SO old. I think if we weren't so inundated with the nit picky anal [entitlement] stuff for days on end, I wouldn't mind the valid ones as much, but after awhile you just lump them altogether as whiney unfortunately. But in this case, the guy hadn't even played it to make this judgment. I've seen plenty of games look great on video but playing them was awful. :nonchalance: Just recently w/ Dishonored, people loved it & people hated it & were bored silly and video looked good to both crowds. You just never know.
People w/ bugs & glitches always get my sympathy tho - that's different.

My review of the game is on page 53 in the official feedback thread, but in short, no, you are not the only one. Many folks do not like it. I finally spoke with a few guys at my work today who are also into the series and they did not like AC3 either. All of us feel it is the least fun and least polished of all 5 of the AC games.

Well I'll repeat the same thing I think I've said 400 other times lol, the AC fan base is so diverse in preferences and expectations, that devs can't please a large amount no matter WHAT they change, remove and add from fan feedback. They read our input last year. I've said this repeatedly but I see many changes they made as per ACR threads in this forum and here we are with people hating on even those changes when they listened to fan input (including addition of lots of side missions).

So it seems impossible that this game will measure up with people and that's just how it's going to have to be. Outside some {very few) valid issues, it is what it is in concept and theme & there's room to build on what they've done w/ AC3 w/ some better changes.
People said they were ready to break out of the Ezio/trilogy story, they did and people don't like that either. Maybe another era & theme will suit others but the pattern I'm seeing makes me skeptical.

zhengyingli
11-13-2012, 08:46 PM

I'm all for stopping to pay attention to these sort of threads, but there's always potential that the seemingly pointless threads would produce fruitful conversations. Just reading a few posts with earnest persuasion to convince somebody to buy ACIII is actually pretty enlightening.

Razrback16
11-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Well I'll repeat the same thing I think I've said 400 other times lol, the AC fan base is so diverse in preferences and expectations, that devs can't please a large amount no matter WHAT they change, remove and add from fan feedback. They read our input last year. I've said this repeatedly but I see many changes they made as per ACR threads in this forum and here we are with people hating on even those changes when they listened to fan input (including addition of lots of side missions).

So it seems impossible that this game will measure up with people and that's just how it's going to have to be. Outside some {very few) valid issues, it is what it is in concept and theme & there's room to build on what they've done w/ AC3 w/ some better changes.
People said they were ready to break out of the Ezio/trilogy story, they did and people don't like that either. Maybe another era & theme will suit others but the pattern I'm seeing makes me skeptical.

I don't mean any offense, but I don't understand why you seem to feel inclined to address seemingly every post made where someone has a view on the game that you don't like. I constantly see you posting in thread after thread mocking folks who don't agree with you. It's fine if you liked the game. It's fine if you don't agree with the plethora of folks who don't like AC3. But just to clue you in -- those of us who don't like the game, don't give the slightest crap what you think of our opinion. Ubisoft has started threads asking for people's feedback. They are clearly interested in what people liked and didn't like. Other folks start threads to see what other board members think about a particular topic. Try to grow up a little bit and accept the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you. The message board exists so people can freely voice their thoughts on the particular topic at hand, and shouldn't have other board members chiming in posting immature crap like mocking pictures of some clown crying just because you don't agree with their point of view. The same folks could easily post the mocking pictures back you given that all you're doing is crying about other people crying.

In short, give it a rest.

ProdiGurl
11-13-2012, 10:30 PM
I don't mean any offense, but I don't understand why you seem to feel inclined to address seemingly every post made where someone has a view on the game that you don't like. I constantly see you posting in thread after thread mocking folks who don't agree with you. It's fine if you liked the game. It's fine if you don't agree with the plethora of folks who don't like AC3. But just to clue you in -- those of us who don't like the game, don't give the slightest crap what you think of our opinion. Ubisoft has started threads asking for people's feedback. They are clearly interested in what people liked and didn't like. Other folks start threads to see what other board members think about a particular topic. Try to grow up a little bit and accept the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you. The message board exists so people can freely voice their thoughts on the particular topic at hand, and shouldn't have other board members chiming in posting immature crap like mocking pictures of some clown crying just because you don't agree with their point of view. The same folks could easily post the mocking pictures back you given that all you're doing is crying about other people crying.

So basically you just contradicted your whole point to me in telling me to shut up and stop giving my opinion. Great.
& why not go after the person who originally posted the crying picture instead of me for finding it humorous?
How about you practice what you preach in your posts and we can just continue posting how we both feel in this forum?

Assassin_M
11-13-2012, 10:35 PM

You demand respect, but give none...

Also, Like you said, Feedback thread.. Nuff said... and if no one gives a crap what we think about an opinion.. Why make a thread about it ?? Keep it to the God damm Feedback thread...We appreciate constructive criticism, not some kid who likes Altair`s sword more than the Tomahawk...

Razrback16
11-13-2012, 10:53 PM
So basically you just contradicted your whole point to me in telling me to shut up and stop giving my opinion. Great.
& why not go after the person who originally posted the crying picture instead of me for finding it humorous?
How about you practice what you preach in your posts and we can just continue posting how we both feel in this forum?

Not at all, you just completely missed the point. I've shown you a lot of respect in not attacking your points of view on the game when I completely disagree with what you have to say in many cases because I respect the fact that you have the right to have an opinion. However, you do not show the same respect to myself and others. You frequently take it upon yourself to attack the points of views of others by posting mocking and disrespectful responses simply because someone doesn't share your point of view. Learn to just accept that others are not always going to think like you. Let them state their views without attempting to belittle what they have to say simply because it's different from your own viewpoint on the same subject, and when someone starts a thread that's less than complimentary about the game in the title, a great suggestion to you would be to not click on it since you've demonstrated repeatedly that you cannot process contradictory points of view without making it personal and attempting to downplay and deprecate said views.

The reason I pointed out your comments on that photo is because, while you did not post it originally, you just did exactly what I've cited you for doing which is continue to disparage the views of folks who don't share your opinion on the game . I have not seen the poster who originally posted the photo attack people repeatedly, and he/she also has not attacked my posts directly, which you have done on multiple occasions. Maybe that poster is just as guilty as you, but since I haven't seen it, and I try not to attack people for thinking differently than me. I would not have even felt the need to point this out and address you on it if this wasn't the 2nd or 3rd time you've seemed to feel the need to make sure to let me know that your views are different than mine.

Razrback16
11-13-2012, 10:57 PM
You demand respect, but give none...

Can you please provide a link to where I've disrespected you? I don't think defending myself or my views in this thread would meet the definition of being disrespectful.

Also, Like you said, Feedback thread.. Nuff said... and if no one gives a crap what we think about an opinion.. Why make a thread about it ?? Keep it to the God damm Feedback thread...We appreciate constructive criticism, not some kid who likes Altair`s sword more than the Tomahawk...

On this you and I agree. I have not started any threads on the topic attacking the game or praising it, and I assume you have not either. But I think it's ok for everyone to respond to any thread stating their response to whatever the OP's question or premise is without having to deal with immature attacks from other posters. Just my opinion.

Assassin_M
11-13-2012, 10:58 PM
Not at all, you just completely missed the point. I've shown you a lot of respect in not attacking your points of view on the game when I completely disagree with what you have to say in many cases because I respect the fact that you have the right to have an opinion. However, you do not show the same respect to myself and others. You frequently take it upon yourself to attack the points of views of others by posting mocking and disrespectful responses simply because someone doesn't share your point of view. Learn to just accept that others are not always going to think like you. Let them state their views without attempting to belittle what they have to say simply because it's different from your own viewpoint on the same subject, and when someone starts a thread that's less than complimentary about the game in the title, a great suggestion to you would be to not click on it since you've demonstrated repeatedly that you cannot process contradictory points of view without making it personal and attempting to downplay and deprecate said views.

The reason I pointed out your comments on that photo is because, while you did not post it originally, you just did exactly what I've cited you for doing which is continue to disparage the views of folks who don't share your opinion on the game . I have not seen the poster who originally posted the photo attack people repeatedly, and he/she also has not attacked my posts directly, which you have done on multiple occasions. Maybe that poster is just as guilty as you, but since I haven't seen it, and I try not to attack people for thinking differently than me. I would not have even felt the need to point this out and address you on it if this wasn't the 2nd or 3rd time you've seemed to feel the need to make sure to let me know that your views are different than mine.

Hypocrite.

Go tell that to the ones who call anyone that liked the game Fanboy/FanGirl..

Until you do that, you`re a Hypocrite..

Razrback16
11-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Hypocrite.

Go tell that to the ones who call anyone that liked the game Fanboy/FanGirl..

Until you do that, you`re a Hypocrite..

Wrong. The folks who call you a fanboy or fangirl are hypocrites and they would be just as wrong as what prodigurl is doing. I haven't done it, so your statement is dead wrong. I try to show respect to folks even when they disagree. If I was a hypocrite, you'd be able to go find a post of me doing exactly what you described. But you can't.

Assassin_M
11-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Wrong. The folks who call you a fanboy or fangirl are hypocrites and they would be just as wrong as what prodigurl is doing. I haven't done it, so your statement is dead wrong. I try to show respect to folks even when they disagree. If I was a hypocrite, you'd be able to go find a post of me doing exactly what you described. But you can't.

You`re a Hypocrite, because I did not see you lecturing any of the ones that label members as Fanboys/Fangirls. So Until I see you lecturing both sides, you, and anyone doing this, is a Hypocrite..

I appreciate your moral standing in this, though..

ProdiGurl
11-13-2012, 11:12 PM

Actually what you're doing is wrong (and biased since you don't call out the others equally with much ruder posts) but then I don't expect you to agree with that opinion either.
And if you actually read this thread, you'd notice the person didn't even PLAY this game to make some of the assertions and I equally go on positive threads too.
I'd continue in defense of my posts around here, but frankly, I don't you owe you one and I certainly have no intention of shutting up just becuz you dislike what I have to say.

Razrback16
11-13-2012, 11:14 PM
You`re a Hypocrite, because I did not see you lecturing any of the ones that label members as Fanboys/Fangirls. So Until I see you lecturing both sides, you, and anyone doing this, is a Hypocrite..

I appreciate your moral standing in this, though..

Wrong again. Maybe you don't understand the definition of hypocrite. In the context we're discussing, I would be a hypocrite if I was calling folks who disagreed with me disrespectful names and mocking their opinions while demanding those same folks stop disrespecting me. I haven't disrespected anyone's opinion, so I can't be a hypocrite in that context.

I will make a statement on its own though in reference to this which should not need to be said and should be an automatic assumption by anyone at all used to generalized sociological exposure, but if it will help you get up to speed, then it's worth it -- anyone who attacks the views of others can't complain when their own views are attacked. This goes for folks who both like the game, and those who don't like the game.

All I'm asking is for my views to be respected. I don't think that's much to ask, and I would think moderators would support it at as well for every board member.

Razrback16
11-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Actually what you're doing is wrong (and biased since you don't call out the others equally with much ruder posts) but then I don't expect you to agree with that opinion either.
And if you actually read this thread, you'd notice the person didn't even PLAY this game to make some of the assertions and I equally go on positive threads too.
I'd continue in defense of my posts around here, but frankly, I don't you owe you one and I certainly have no intention of shutting up just becuz you dislike what I have to say.

Again, the point you're missing is that the only reason I said anything to you, IS BECAUSE YOU CONTINUE TO SAY THINGS TO ME. If other folks are attacking your views and calling you a fangirl, etc. they are dead wrong. They should be showing respect to you, just as I'm asking you to show respect to me.

Assassin_M
11-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Wrong again. Maybe you don't understand the definition of hypocrite. In the context we're discussing, I would be a hypocrite if I was calling folks who disagreed with me disrespectful names and mocking their opinions while demanding those same folks stop disrespecting me. I haven't disrespected anyone's opinion, so I can't be a hypocrite in that context.

I will make a statement on its own though in reference to this which should not need to be said and should be an automatic assumption by anyone at all used to generalized sociological exposure, but if it will help you get up to speed, then it's worth it -- anyone who attacks the views of others can't complain when their own views are attacked. This goes for folks who both like the game, and those who don't like the game.

All I'm asking is for my views to be respected. I don't think that's much to ask, and I would think moderators would support it at as well for every board member.

Point me to where Prodi disrespected your Opinion... (You being a Hypocrite still stands until you lecture those who label likers of the game as Fanboys/Fangirls, and it equally stands to those that lecture those who do not enjoy the game, but stand subtely when Likers are out of line)

Razrback16
11-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Point me to where Prodi disrespected your Opinion... (You being a Hypocrite still stands until you lecture those who label likers of the game as Fanboys/Fangirls, and it equally stands to those that lecture those who do not enjoy the game, but stand subtely when Likers are out of line)

You being wrong still stands until you say something that's halfway sane on this topic. There are multiple threads on the forum in addition to this one, feel free to look them up if you're that concerned.

The bottom line is that you're upset that some folks have apparently called you some names and you want to lump me in with that same group of people. Well *I* have not attacked you. I have shown you and everyone else on this forum respect and not attacked your views or attempted to belittle what you have to say and I have every right to expect the same treatment in return.

Assassin_M
11-13-2012, 11:25 PM
You being wrong still stands until you say something that's halfway sane on this topic. There are multiple threads on the forum in addition to this one, feel free to look them up if you're that concerned.

The bottom line is that you're upset that some folks have apparently called you some names and you want to lump me in with that same group of people. Well *I* have not attacked you. I have shown you and everyone else on this forum respect and not attacked your views or attempted to belittle what you have to say and I have every right to expect the same treatment in return.
Apparently you seem to think that respect is only given to views, not to the person..

"Please respect me"

All

MT4K
11-13-2012, 11:25 PM
How about everybody be respectful to everybody? If people can't do that they can easily take a vacation from the Forums....

Let's end this here with the simple fact that everybody should respect everybody else's opinion whether they like it or not. If people cannot do that then they are free to stop posting....

Razrback16
11-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Apparently you seem to think that respect is only given to views, not to the person..

"Please respect me"

All

That is not attacking you. Your statements continuing to call me a hypocrite are completely crazy. I have not said anything to belittle your points of view here on the forums, yet you call me a hypocrite and seem to think it's ok, despite the complete and total lack of ANY evidence whatsoever.

Razrback16
11-13-2012, 11:27 PM
How about everybody be respectful to everybody?

Let's end this here with the simple fact that everybody should respect everybody else's opinion whether they like it or not. If people cannot do that then they are free to stop posting....

Absolutely. Sounds good to me. And thanks.

Assassin_M
11-13-2012, 11:29 PM
How about everybody be respectful to everybody? If people can't do that they can easily take a vacation from the Forums....

Go to the Peace thread and look at how some people are willing to do that, while others not so much...

MT4K
11-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Go to the Peace thread and look at how some people are willing to do that, while others not so much...

I'm aware of that, but i'm getting very tired of the arguments that break out and such lately as i'm sure many others are as well. If people continue to be disrespectful to others constantly then they will likely get suspended.

ProdiGurl
11-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Again, the point you're missing is that the only reason I said anything to you, IS BECAUSE YOU CONTINUE TO SAY THINGS TO ME. If other folks are attacking your views and calling you a fangirl, etc. they are dead wrong. They should be showing respect to you, just as I'm asking you to show respect to me.

Your post to me was personal, it was not about a topic. That's where it went wrong. I don't have to like or agree with what people say but making issues personal oversteps a line imo. They've created feedback threads for alot of this stuff - the forum has ended up being a real killjoy to alot of fans who do like the game and that is reflected in the posts by more people than just myself.
I shared my negative critiques in the Feedback thread, I haven't focused on them to make solo threads to bag on devs or the game.
I don't hold any personal anger at you, I'd like to take this off personal issues. :)

Assassin_M
11-13-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm aware of that, but i'm getting very tired of the arguments that break out and such lately as i'm sure many others are as well. If people continue to be disrespectful to others constantly then they will likely get suspended.

Fair enough..

But know that a lot of us have tried.. and Apparently failed

Silent Running5
11-13-2012, 11:38 PM
I Dont think the game is great or bad, It had a good chance of being great if Ubisoft waited to release it untill it was ready, To much of it feels like it was rushed, too many bugs in the side quests, some so bad you cant finish them, At times I feel like the buyers at release was beta testers for it, this is my major gripe about the game.
One of the biggest gripes from AC fans is the departure of tradition from the standard AC game,
There is a lot of differences from past AC games, but we are in a different age and country, everything cant be the same as in past games, Personally I miss climbing all the taller buildings in the old country, early America just don't have them,

But it has some great features to it, the Main story is good, the slo mo battle finishes does look really good, the controls needs a little getting use to, but once you do get use to them its not bad at all,
The Naval Battles is with out a doubt the very best feature, If only there was more content dealing with Naval Battles,and free roaming sailing. hopefully in a DLC release. The free running in the trees is a lot of fun, really enjoyed this aspect of the game. Plus the new Hunting is a nice add on, The Crafting could be fun if it was more user friendly, Hoping they address this in the coming patch.

To finish it off, I wont recommend to any of my friends to buy the game till the release of the patch. it all depends on that if Ubi has a winner or a bomb on their hands.

Razrback16
11-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Your post to me was personal, it was not about a topic. That's where it went wrong. I don't have to like or agree with what people say but making issues personal oversteps a line imo. They've created feedback threads for alot of this stuff - the forum has ended up being a real killjoy to alot of fans who do like the game and that is reflected in the posts by more people than just myself.
I shared my negative critiques in the Feedback thread, I haven't focused on them to make solo threads to bag on devs or the game.
I don't hold any personal anger at you, I'd like to take this off personal issues. :)

While I don't agree with your first sentence in the above post since I consider it essentially me finally hitting my breaking point as far as finally feeling like I had to say something to you to defend my posts, why don't we just agree to drop this at this point, and just leave each other the heck alone? :) I don't mind answering questions about my points of view if you have questions, etc., I just get offended when people post things that make me feel like my views are being lessened, etc. because they are different from someone else's. No hard feelings.

Assemblent
11-13-2012, 11:42 PM
The only flaw I can think of this game is... The soundtrack. I never realized how Jesper Kyd was important to this series as I played AC3. He really did add up ALOT to Assassin's Creed story and gameplay with his awesome tunes...

Razrback16
11-13-2012, 11:43 PM
The only flaw I can think of this game is... The soundtrack. I never realized how Jesper Kyd was important to this series as I played AC3. He really did add up ALOT to Assassin's Creed story and gameplay with his awesome tunes...

I'm with ya. While I always loved the previous soundtracks, I never FULLY appreciated what he brought until he was gone.

Does anyone know why he didn't do the AC3 soundtrack?

zhengyingli
11-14-2012, 12:15 AM
I miss Kyd only due to free-roam lacking music. The walking-ambient music within the missions, in my view, was pretty outstanding.

Soulid_Snake
11-14-2012, 12:24 AM
Not brilliant, but not as sucky as Brotherhood, imho.

Baked_Cookies
11-14-2012, 12:30 AM
I just think its a little messed up to judge a game only through what you have saw when you have yet to physically play it. While the game does have its flaws and I mean MANY flaws I feel like you are basing your decision on how well the game is off of ignorance. Its not my favorite in the series just because of all the glitch problems but still well enough of a title to keep me happy and playing. Play the game before down it.

Soulid_Snake
11-14-2012, 01:42 AM
I'm with ya. While I always loved the previous soundtracks, I never FULLY appreciated what he brought until he was gone.

Does anyone know why he didn't do the AC3 soundtrack?

I especially loved AC2's soundtrack, it was so serene. AC3's soundtrack feels out of place, it's not it integrating with the game's atmosphere.

As for your question, I have no idea!

Razrback16
11-14-2012, 02:01 AM
I especially loved AC2's soundtrack, it was so serene. AC3's soundtrack feels out of place, it's not it integrating with the game's atmosphere.

As for your question, I have no idea!

Yeah I'm actually listening to it right now. Hard to beat the "Ezio's Family" and "Venice Rooftops" songs. I also loved the "Master Assassin" song from Brotherhood along with "Echoes Across The Roman Ruins"

Soulid_Snake
11-14-2012, 02:47 AM
"Ezio's Family" is my favourite, it really is a great piece for the opening of AC2. Am I right saying, "tranquility" is not the theme of Brotherhood's music?