PDA

View Full Version : new idea for an AC game

AC3junkie
11-13-2012, 08:30 AM
I was playing ac3 the other day and I had an idea for a new installment. I think it'd be sweet to do one where he is sent to nazi germany trying to infiltrate operation valkyrie and ultimately assassinating hitler let me know what you think good bad or indifferent! thanks!!

ElleCore
11-13-2012, 11:56 AM
I think that would be too in the future for an AC game. Swordplay would be removed and it would become more of a shooter. And assassinating Hitler wouldn't make much sense looking at the real history. Unless you sneak into his bunker and poison/shoot him, but that wouldn't make much sense either as he didn't have much time to live anyway with the Soviets taking over Berlin.

But if you want a World War 2 game that's very similar to AC, you can always try The Saboteur.

AxeheadDragon
11-13-2012, 01:44 PM
I want to preface this post with "As much as I would love this, it definitely won't work and won't happen". That said,

I think that would be too in the future for an AC game. Swordplay would be removed and it would become more of a shooter. And assassinating Hitler wouldn't make much sense looking at the real history. Unless you sneak into his bunker and poison/shoot him, but that wouldn't make much sense either as he didn't have much time to live anyway with the Soviets taking over Berlin.
Who's to say we can't have an Assassin with dual hidden guns, who counters gunfire instead of sword swings? Time it with the muzzleflash, and you get to dodge Matrix-style and shoot the poor sod. Plus, the Assassins still have Hidden Blades around Desmund's time, as evidenced by himself, so they probably use them for stealth kills and as a legacy. Just need to upgrade their arsenal to said times (poison-inflicting revolvers, flashbang grenades, and RC-controlled distraction bots, anyone?); I'm sure Ubisoft can think of ways to make them feel ancient while keeping with the timeframe.

al-Assas
11-13-2012, 03:47 PM
I think it's time to start going back in time instead of forward.

If the Renaissance is interesting enough, then they must be able to find a lot of interesting historical settings in the millennia of ancient Mesopotamia. It's a very rich history with a lot of culture and politics.

pirate1802
11-13-2012, 04:06 PM
I think it's time to start going back in time instead of forward.

If the Renaissance is interesting enough, then they must be able to find a lot of interesting historical settings in the millennia of ancient Mesopotamia. It's a very rich history with a lot of culture and politics.

Agreed. Whoever said they only have to move in one direction? There are plenty of interesting locations in ancient times. Ancient Greece, Persia, Babylon, Egypt. I'd part with one of my kidneys to see an AC game set in one of those times.