PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III SWOT-analysis

DSTRVCTION
11-13-2012, 03:13 AM
Hi all.

For my education I have to do several things throughout this year. There are four ways we can go. Events, Entertainment, Gaming and Music. For each of these we'll have to play/visit (whatever) three of them. I chose to use Assassin's Creed III as my second game for this assignment and decided to do a SWOT analysis of the game.

SWOT = Strenghts, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats.

So far I've got:
Strengths:

profound storyline
naval warfare
based on historical facts and happenings
Lots of sidequests
Hunting
Weaknesses:

No real connection to the main character
No outstanding city buildings
Free-running being too easy
Sidequests are not dynamic and/or bound to the main missions
I would like some help on the opportunities and threats, so if someone has some spare time, I would really appreciate it!
Don't see this as something professional. You can come up with anything, I just need some ideas. Half of these don't even apply to my opinion either, but it doesn't matter.

Thanks in advance

the_atm
11-13-2012, 04:41 AM
I hate people who say that the main character was borring. people like that suck, I felt for Connor, He is one of my favorite main characters, Ezio was ok but annoying by Brotherhood, Altair... now that is a flat character, Connor was amazing, he had opinions about stuff! imagine that! as for the free running, would you rather have it skyrim style were you just walk up everthing? or what about infamous style where you just hammer the X button? or maybe just a serise of quick time sequences? the freeruning is the best in the serise.

You can't make up city buildings, that's how they were, can't go change history in a history game. and I found the sidequest more dynamic than anything Ezio ever did "please sir, carry my box 10 feet i'm rather late" or my personal favorite "pick flowers for sofia" ... borring!

long and short of it is, people who hate connor did not care about him and what he believed. He is one of the best in the series.

pirate1802
11-13-2012, 06:25 AM
I hate people who say that the main character was borring. people like that suck, I felt for Connor, He is one of my favorite main characters,

Its his opinion.. Let him have it?

Though personally Connor is my favourite assassin, I think people are allowed to dislike him..

DSTRVCTION
11-13-2012, 08:31 AM
This was not supposed to be a *****ing thread .. I said half of these things don't apply to my opinion! I just need some space to fill.

The free-running is not the best. I don't know about Skyrim, but it sounds just the same. All you've got tot do is hold the trigger, nothing more. That's something I agree with myself.
Now, anyone has some more ideas?

zhengyingli
11-13-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm actually interested. Not sure if I fully understand what you want for threats and opportunities. Can you be a bit more specific. I'm assuming threats as in difficulty.

DSTRVCTION
11-13-2012, 09:19 AM
As for opportunities, I could say free-roam naval warfare, ambient music and such things. I'm doubting for what to use as threats myself.
Maybe this will help:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0b/SWOT_en.svg/320px-SWOT_en.svg.png

zhengyingli
11-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Opportunities: (the potential you see from what's already been done, I assume. I'll stick to mechanics, as I'm not the most analytical person.)

-Dual-wield with any two weapons.
-Assassin recruits with spontaneous actions similar to Ellie from The Last of Us. SPOILER OF SEQUENCE 2: Haytham and his Brotherhood protecting the convoy, maybe not as linear.
-Decorations in Achilles' house actually have some function. SPOILER OF ONE OF THE INVENTIONS: Achilles could be flying the kite with key, for example.
-A port town with islands nearby for naval missions.
-Connor's boyhood memories as reward for full sync.
-More varied mini-game sequence in towns/Homestead. (Like breaking up fights, maybe a laid back session of preparing meals)

Threats: (I'm assuming what you don't want the game to evolve into, judging what's already been done)

-Extra button input for battle. (Besides me desiring more involvement with double counters, the present battle system is involving enough. More buttons would probably weigh it down)
-More QTE. (If the QTE of animals is here to stay, whatever. Just don't involve QTE in combat.)
-New extravagant mini-game (Good reception for naval might pressure the team to half-*** a den defense type sort of situation)
-Micro manage your ship
-Extra playable characters. (They might abuse the warm reception of the opening of the game and go overboard with tacked on characters. Don't include them unless they have a reason to be there)

shalin87
03-28-2018, 12:28 PM
As for opportunities, I could say free-roam naval warfare, ambient music and such things. I'm doubting for what to use as threats myself.
Maybe this will help:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0b/SWOT_en.svg/320px-SWOT_en.svg.png

Find these SWOT analysis examples (https://creately.com/diagram-community/examples/t/swot) very useful. So posting them here. They are free to be used and you can edit them with just a click