PDA

View Full Version : A slight rant on the navy....

the_atm
11-13-2012, 02:58 AM
in the game, so please correct me at any point if I've made a mistake. I'm not angry as I am annoyed. Here we go!

Ok so did Ubisoft not say that they were adding in navy freeroam? I believe this is what they said "You will be able to explore you ship (the aquila) during the freeroam" Now, I guess they were right, you can walk on the top deck of her during freeroam, but I, and my friends, took that as walk about as she is navigated by the cpu to an objective during navy freeroam. I mean that's an honest mistake right?

Ontop of that, please Ubisoft tell me why when you say "The weather will change at random" it doesn't? Now I tested this twice. both times different missions in different mission lanes. this is what I did. I took down the privatear ships, the small ones, switched to chain shot, took out their masts's, (the frigets, the big ones) I pulled up behind them and dropped anchor for 5 minutes and waited. now remember it took 3 to kill the small ships, and this happened on 2 ocasions and nothing changed, no wind, no sea changing, no storm. now what Ubisoft should have said, "There will be missions that have scripted weather that will change as you progress, only certain missions like from the main story" but they didn't giving me and my friends false hope.

Speaking of missions, i was very sad with the missions, i mean 2 hours worth of missions, Now i could see why they would do that, they didn't want den defence all over again, they didn't want to chalk the game up with it and have people hate it, well I'm pretty sure we love it ubsoft now can we have some Freeroam navy stuff? Like were you get random encounters with brits, privateers/pirates heck why not some mystery island easter egg or something? and the ability to walk about the ship as she is set sail.

I attempted to do my rant in as proper forums as I could. failed but better than most rants on the interwebs. Now again, not angry, not trolling, just voicing an opinion. Please tell me what you think guys :P

blacklimoband
11-13-2012, 03:14 AM
Apart from the frustration of trying to 100% the last privateer mission, my only issue with Naval missions was they are way too short. Glub glub glub and it's all over, next!

Naval free-roam with random encounters would be awesome :)

LoyalACFan
11-13-2012, 03:42 AM
Yes, a lot of the pre-release media was extremely misleading, if not downright false. And not just for the naval stuff.

Bashilir
11-13-2012, 03:47 AM
I'm sorry but, please explain to me how "random" means trying it 2 times and saying it's confirmed to not be random? Also, what's the point of moving around the boat? Do you want to climb the mast to see islands, water, more water, and mountains? I just.. don't understand those two things. Regardless, I also want free-roam with some nice easter eggs and islands to find treasure on. I also want to be able to board ships other than the missions you're required to(unless you can and I haven't found out how).

kriegerdesgottes
11-13-2012, 04:04 AM
Yes I also believed that I would be able to walk around the ship during those missions. I don't know what happened there.

rileypoole1234
11-13-2012, 04:04 AM
I agree with the people that want Naval free roam. During E3 Ubi did say that we could free roam whenever we want with the ship. They never said anything otherwise, so they lied to the fans. If they at least said "we scrapped this feature in Alpha" or something, it would have been fine, but they didn't. I at least want them to say why they didn't include it.

PurpleHaze1980
11-13-2012, 05:38 AM
Free roam with the navy would be sort of pointless as there actually isn't really anything to "find" other than on the scarce missions that require you to dock and get something/kill someone, etc. Which is a shame, as I felt the game didn't have enough areas to actually explore (and the cities that WERE there were the most boring in AC history to explore and climb across).