PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS VERY INTERESTING-A Greek myth parallel to AC's story!!!! (SPOILERS)

jums300
11-13-2012, 12:59 AM
I was explaining Assassins Creed's plot to my friend today (he's never played any of the games). In the middle of my explanation he started to laugh and said how the plot sounded like a Greek myth that his grandfather had told him when he was young. That ancient myth's plot (probably written by one of Homer's students) told of how Hera (Juno, rather) was captured/held captive in a cave near Athena (a densely populated area). The world was about to end when Perseus came and freed her. Perseus, then died and Hera went on to enslave man. Then, a massive war broke loose. I don't remember exactly who was against who, but all the heroes (including Perseus, Hercules, Jason, etc. come back from the dead and fight against Juno and her mutants. The apple of eden is also included in this myth, but I forget how it was incorporated. I tried looking for this myth online, but it's long lost. The only reason my friend knew it was because his grandfather told him after a trip to Greece (where he learned the myth). Imagine....the "heroes" coming back to life to fight against Juno. Altair, Ezio, Connor, Desmond fighting side by side. If Ubisoft is really following this myth, I would suspect them to introduce to a few more heroes. What if the ancient "heroes" (or assassins) were really Perseus, Hercules, Jason, etc. So exciting to think about.

P.S. There's a lot more that coincides with the Assassins Creed story. Just ask if you want more. :D:D

Kaschra
11-13-2012, 01:03 AM
Hm, that is really interesting. Maybe more than just coincidence, maybe that myth was an inspiration for the devs?

F4H bandicoot
11-13-2012, 01:04 AM
Lots of Ancient Mythology coincides and can have links drawn to the AC story. :)
Love it.