PDA

View Full Version : When Should I Start Side Missions?

Slowplaid
11-12-2012, 04:03 PM
*Please keep spoilers to those we have seen in commercials*
Just hoping for a little advice on when it is a good point in the game to start exploring side missions in AC3. I'm in sequence 6 and still getting some in-mission tutorials such as how to use the rope dart. I guess I'm looking for that point in the game where I have every weapon type and skill available but I don't need "the best in-class" weapons to be unlocked yet since I prefer to do the side missions before the final sequences as I believe they help shape and guide you in the way the game "should" be played.

jamgamerforever
11-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Do the homestead missions NOW! If you do not, they will be gone forever. Basically, if you see a homestead mission on the map, do it straight away. That way, you will not miss any.

Each of the Naval missions is prefaced with a date, and some are set in Sequence 6. So just start each one, and exit the memory if it's intended for later. Other than those two side mission types, I began to do all of them in sequence 7 (you will have every ability then).

Do not capture the forts until sequence 8, it doesn't make sense storywise.

EDIT: If you're playing on PS3, play the Benedict Arnold missions after Sequence 10. It actually contains spoilers for Sequence 10. They unlock earlier (8 or 9) but don't play them until after 10.

Also, welcome to the forum! :D

Slowplaid
11-12-2012, 05:33 PM
thanks for the info... that's exactly what i was looking for

Kytr
11-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Do the side missions whenever you want and are able to. I generally try to finish any that are open before advancing the story to make certain that I don't lose them.

dchil279
11-14-2012, 04:53 AM
Do the homestead missions NOW! If you do not, they will be gone forever. Basically, if you see a homestead mission on the map, do it straight away. That way, you will not miss any.

really? i did all of them except for the last 2 achilles missions, can i still do those? if not f*** that becuase they were not available before i started sequence 11 and at that point i was too caught up in the main storyline to stop.