PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] AC3 sequence 8 "something on the side" chase section

The Real Hudson
11-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Xbox360

AC3 Sequence 8 "something on the side" where you have to chase and tackle the guy.
I think it is totally unreasonable to have the target guy also being able to be"bumped" into . He is after all the target and tackling him is going to involve bumping into him.

Did anyone in Ubisoft test this mission for sanity ? I appreciate the optional objectives are going to be a bit harder but this seems totally unreasonable, the level is hard enough without what appears to be an overly sensitive optional objective factor.
Yes, I have seen IGN's walk through on youtube and yes i have tried to recreate this and NO i can't get him to tackle the target without it being classed as bumping. I don't think this is a game fault as such just that the target should be removed from the list of game objects that are able to be classed as being bumped into.

This is one of many things I have had to cheat on and look on youtube and had loads and loads of attempts at, nearly broken my controller (luckily they are tough) in childish rage at the seemingly rediculous success factors and STILL not be able to do it. If anyone has actual play tested this at what point do they say to themselves "hmmmm this might be a bit much" ?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Moving to Hints and Tips as this contains spoilers.

RyokuMC
11-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Man, I did it in the first try

Run and Tackle Hickie (B on Xbox or O on PS3) > Run and Kill some guard > Go back and Tackle Hickie again > Run and kill some other guard > Go back and kill Hickie

Dont need to Look On

blacklimoband
11-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Man, I did it in the first try

Run and Tackle Hickie (B on Xbox or O on PS3) > Run and Kill some guard > Go back and Tackle Hickie again > Run and kill some other guard > Go back and kill Hickie

Dont need to Look On

Reread the OP. He's not talking about the execution, he's talking about the first mission in seq 8, the final constraint is "do not tackle or bump into anybody", yet you have to tackle Hickey??? I have issue with this as well. I ended up "cheating" on this one and looking it up as well because the stern chase is impossible, saw an effective method on Youtube, emulated it, got as far as catching Hickey, tackled him and "X YOU FAIL!!!!"

Seriously Ubi, these BS full sync constraints are unreasonable in some cases. Example Privateer mission "The Giant and The Storm" has the constraint "Sink all 3 ships by firing on their powder stores"... yet the 2 frigates are all but impossible to crack open without killing them outright... I lost count of the number of retries on this one (not from dying, but from the bloody frigates blowing up without exposing the powder stores)... eventually I got this one more by good luck than good management.

Either provide the means to fulfill the constraints without having to do crazy sh**, or better yet remove them from the game entirely. This is supposed to be a sandbox game, yet if we don't do a mission "just so" (in the ONLY way possible to satisfy all constraints) we are penalized? The mental midget that dreamed up that idea should give themselves a massive uppercut!!!