PDA

View Full Version : naval artillery

ucancalltyrone
11-12-2012, 06:05 AM
does anybody know how to get different artillery for your ship? i cant get 100% on one mission because my artillery is not strong enough to sink the ships in the time given. right now all i have is what you start out with, regular cannon ball and chain ball. ive seen youtube vids of people with fire cannonballs and other more destructive artillery. any help would be appreciated

LoyalACFan
11-12-2012, 06:13 AM
On the Homestead dock, there's a little book on a desk right next to Faulkner. Interact with it, and it'll give you the opportunity to buy fire shots, extra cannons, an iron ram, etc. But fair warning- it's extremely expensive. I'd go with the heat shot if you can only afford one thing, since it does massive damage to the larger ships.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-12-2012, 06:19 AM
Yeah and the Armor piercing shot. Takes two Volleys to destroy a frigate, if you aim at the right spot. Haven't had Heat round yet, got to try it.

blacklimoband
11-12-2012, 06:24 AM
On the Homestead dock, there's a little book on a desk right next to Faulkner. Interact with it, and it'll give you the opportunity to buy fire shots, extra cannons, an iron ram, etc. But fair warning- it's extremely expensive. I'd go with the heat shot if you can only afford one thing, since it does massive damage to the larger ships.

I'm pretty sure the little book appears next to all harbormasters, I bought most of the ship upgrades at the dock at the bottom of the frontier map, and the rest in Boston.