PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Player Decision Ending (Poll/SPOILER WARNING)

Zebroneath
11-12-2012, 05:39 AM
Do you think having a choice in whether to activate the device or not to save the world would have been a more effective experience than what was already chosen for us? Throughout the final cut scene, I was thinking to myself, "Oh crap, is the game making me do this.......choosing either to be subjugated for mankind's survival or letting the world burn to begin anew, but having history repeat itself?"

I know the ending was probably for canon and to set up future games, but I thought it would have been more effective for the player to choose his ending.

Black_Widow9
11-12-2012, 05:43 AM
Please start posting in the correct Forum directed to you by the Sticky and Announcement if you are posting Spoilers.
AC Hints and Tips Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9011039408)

zhengyingli
11-12-2012, 05:44 AM
No. Unless a series is set up a certain way, multiple endings bode ill for future endeavors. If this is the only game in the AC universe, probably. Just look at the beginning of Brotherhood - Tons of people didn't have Altair's Armor equiped at the end of ACII and was forever annoyed by that moment.

pirate1802
11-12-2012, 06:01 AM
You know, I talked to many of my console friends about how they feel about the ending, and almost all of them said their biggest gripe was no choice was offered. Now I know AC is never about choices, but it seems the ending was set up in such a way that the player was expecting the choice to be handed to him/her. In hindsight, I think it would be better if a choice was given. Nothing harmful in there, just pick a canon choice and continue yer story! let the players who choose different *deal with it*. Surely they won't expect all the choices to be respected.

But then again, if the choice was offered I'd probably pick the same thing Desmond did.. I'm not the kind of person to undo all the hard work I did for the past few games just to see your enemy burn :S But then again, that's just me.

dxsxhxcx
11-12-2012, 12:47 PM
I don't think a choice would matter, the outcomes are too different and IMO they would need to create 2 different games to continue the story from where AC3 stopped if a choice were given to the player, IMO the problem with the ending isn't the fact that Desmond died (even thinking this is the lamest way to finish his story, specially the rushed way they did) or choosed what seems to be the Templar choice in the end but after 5 games and many years playing the franchise, see a "5 minutes" ending for "the main character of this arc" and discover that Desmond was "too late" to save the world (by Minerva's method that seemed to be safer than it's in AC2) made me feel stupid for playing the previous games (or at least pay attention to Desmond' story), there are nothing I can remember in AC2 (Minerva' speech) that hinted to Desmond not being able to save the world (without freeing Juno), also IMO it doesn't seem logical (specially for an advanced civilization) to communicate with Desmond when they knew he wouldn't be able to save the world without paying the price he did, there are nothing in the previous games that hinted to TWCB trying to save the world using the right person during the time this seemed to be possible...

if at least they had shown us the outcome of Desmond decision with transparency (show a little of what Juno will do and the reaction of the humanity to this event) the end would've been a lot better but we are left with nothing but more speculation about what's about to come what made Desmond's ending have a feeling that something is missing and lacked a proper closure like Altair and Ezio's endings had.

jamgamerforever
11-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Having (accidentally) read that you received a trophy for viewing all "epilogues", I actually went into the ending expecting a choice. I was quite surprised when Desmond just up and picked Juno's. That said, if they plan a sequel, then a choice would be pointless.

I said this about Mass Effect; only give us a choice if you can pay it off.