PDA

View Full Version : A quesion about the retailer key of AC3

Meeneeeeee
11-12-2012, 03:48 AM
days ago there is no steam-actived edition so i bought a ac3 deluxe edition and a fc3 deluxe edtion from my retailer,but now it can be preordered on steam so my question :can i redeem a steam-actived key for each game?

DarthDeva
11-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Sorry to tell you that but ac3 and fc3 aren't steamworks as far as i know, so you most probably won't be able to activate them on steam. However check from your retailer, because certain digital copies (like amazon.com) are selling steam redeemable keys. Or you can see about refunding policy from your retailer and get them straight from steam

Meeneeeeee
11-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Thank you.Does this mean any retailer editions couldnt be actived on steam but only on Uplay?
Sorry to tell you that but ac3 and fc3 aren't steamworks as far as i know, so you most probably won't be able to activate them on steam. However check from your retailer, because certain digital copies (like amazon.com) are selling steam redeemable keys. Or you can see about refunding policy from your retailer and get them straight from steam

DarthDeva
11-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Yeah, only games registered with the steamworks drm can be redeemed on steam. So physical copies not showing the steamworks logo can't be activated on steam. As for digital copies, sometimes games which aren't steamworks can be sold by some retailers as a steam key. So if you bought digital copies, ask your retailer for more info(do it quick the game is coming :P). As far as physical copies of ubisoft games go, they use only uplay. Hope that helps.

Meeneeeeee
11-13-2012, 06:37 AM
Thank you.They say all ac3 are impossible to be actived on steam