PDA

View Full Version : I demand an apology and my money refunded*SPOILERS*

krugerdan
11-12-2012, 03:04 AM
I am absolutely sick of game companies releasing broken products and expecting the community to sit and wait for patches to fix what should have been fixed before we were asked to pay full price
As a paying consumer i believe i am entitled to the expectation that if I'm sold a broken product i can return it for a full refund and an apology for the inconvenience of having to deal with the aggravation and frustration that comes with realizing i have been duped into wasting my money and time.
This is supposed to be a AAA title yet the blatant disregard for how broken almost every single aspect of this game is, does nothing but show me that the company heads decided to capitalize on the good word coming out of the conventions and push this title through to release so fast that the developer didnt have the time needed to properly beta test the aspects of the game after the portion that has been shown at conventions
because lets be honest the first of half the game has almost a fraction of the glitches that appear once you make your way past sequence 8-9
I am currently stuck in sequence 12 with a guard standing on the edge of a boat looking out waiting for me to cross, this guard is stuck in the floor and cannot be attacked or stealth past as this mission has me desynced if i am spotted.
this is not my only stop point i have crossed in this game
I was stuck in oak island for over 3 hours and uncountable reloads as i attempted to get the landmark puzzle to lock in on the correct positions, i finally figured it out by changing the camera angle and the standing position of my character along different points which let me tell you is so absolutely aggravating that i am never buying another ubisoft game new again and have seriously considered stealing any other products again as I have no good will left in me for this company.
^ after this **** thing finally locks in and i get the optional objective done after idk how many attempts to lock in on the correct position within the time frame i actually threw my controller at a chair when the 3 wolves come out and i have no response to any button pressed during the charge/leap from the wolf only to have my cotrols work when i need to kick the wolf off me losing the extra objective for losing 30% of my life only to say **** it and screw the last objective to not use ranged weapons to attack the wolves.
simply screwing me out of all the effort i went through to get the first objective done within the time frame WITHIN THE BROKEN GLITCHES I WAS ATTEMPTING TO WORK THROUGH.
as it stands i will repeat myself this game is absolutely unplayably broken and i am disgusted with ubsoft for releasing this POS title.
i feel like i have been duped into paying for a shower and getting pissed on by a company that believes if they make money within the launch window the game must be a success.
On that note i want my money back i want you the company to pull your head out of your *** and apologize for putting this sad attempt at a AAA title on the market, This game could have been bigger than halo but instead you have ruined it with a half *** attempt at a native american protagonist who is so flat and devoid of any emotion i can relate to except the only one that seems to matter, his anger. The entirety of the native american aspect of this game is 15 mins of hide and seek and look for your burning mother who i gotta say had more presence in this game than connor< great cop out on the name btw his entire heritage as far as native american history is concerned has been taken from him and a name that isnt his is given to him by someone he just meets and he is told to accept it because its easier for people to say and than we get to burn a total of 3 blankets covered in small pox and carry 3 white people to a couple boards in the dirt. oh but lets not forget the village his people live in, i believe over the course of the game i have had less than 10 different conversations with 2 other people one of whom im supposed to kill off because of the dumbest story turn attempt at some emotional connection with connor to his people and stop his best friend(up until his spirit guide/god tells him to go be an assassin) from storming a company of riflemen outside his camp with 5 other braves all of whom i took down without even having to stop running just to get confronted by this guy who apparently now believes the man who burned his village 15 years before tells him that washington is gonna burn his village to the ground on a rumor of some villages helping the british. yet this village has always been neutral and is apparently the home and family of the dude who is single handedly saving his *** and winning all of his fights for him. But **** it lets burn the dirty savages anyways - thats the washington we all know and love. And lets not bring up how after killing my best friend the army somehow sees this and feels guilty so they ignore their orders and just leave the village standing now without anything ever to conclude this stupid mini arch so we just skip ahead 2-3 years and talk to achilles on his deathbed - Yea this story was worth the space it takes on the CD
I hope whoever penned this BS lazy cop-out attempt at a storyline never works again because people like him are ruining what could possibly be the next step in the entertainment industry> When crap like this is allowed to be used in a AAA title it cheapens the entire industry when reviewers put up their reputation and say this is a 5/5 game I can do nothing else but disbelieve every other review they ever come out with and in essence not buy new titles without renting them, in which case why should i spend the $60 on this new game when $10 gives me all the time needed to beat this the shortest of all the AC games.

As i said I believe we the community deserve an open apology for having to deal with the disappointment that comes from playing and paying for this game
I as a paying customer demand my money back from you the developer because i dont believe this is futureshops problem.

zhengyingli
11-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Spoilers, **** it!

Assassin_M
11-12-2012, 03:21 AM
Do not speak for the community. No one elected you. Only speak for yourself..

Drop the sense of entitlement, first and edit your post, because of the damm spoilers...

PS: I do not think the game perfect, but its the only reasonable vote to me..

ProdiGurl
11-12-2012, 03:24 AM
So glad I read your spoiler alerts before i read the OP. Where's the mods?

& if Bethesda hasn't refunded gamer's money, I highly doubt Ubisoft should have to.

kriegerdesgottes
11-12-2012, 03:35 AM
Ugh what is it with this generation and this ridiculous sense of entitlement? Guess what the world isn't perfect. It never was, it never will be. Ubisoft still created an incredible product. You bought it. No one forced you to. If you don't like it, you are free to never purchase a product for Ubisoft again. Ubisoft owes you NOTHING. On top of that, Ubisoft is working right now as we speak to create a patch for the important problems with the game. So please stop with these kinds of threads. Constructive criticism I can understand but this crosses the line.

Staple-Tape
11-12-2012, 03:36 AM
This is pathetic. You got angry over a video game and decided to post a huge rant online about . Grow up.

pirate1802
11-12-2012, 03:38 AM
LULZ! Oh boy the Irony. The last option is winning by a landslide!! xD

iNvid22
11-12-2012, 03:51 AM
i love the poll options this guy is offering

hahaha

sticks165
11-12-2012, 03:54 AM
Tl;dr

Matty7Ice
11-12-2012, 04:04 AM
Who's going to actually read all of that badly formatted post? Paragraph bleed. Ugh

BBALive
11-12-2012, 04:16 AM
entitled

Stopped reading there.

Hypertion
11-12-2012, 04:20 AM
there are plenty of issues, but tbh its no worse than half the games out there that are open ended.

sandbox games in particular are very prone to a massive host of issues in gameplay due to the near infinite number of variables in what can actually happen in gameplay.

honestly the near lack of any glitches in the past AC games has been nothing short of shocking...

zhengyingli
11-12-2012, 04:39 AM
there are plenty of issues, but tbh its no worse than half the games out there that are open ended.

sandbox games in particular are very prone to a massive host of issues in gameplay due to the near infinite number of variables in what can actually happen in gameplay.

honestly the near lack of any glitches in the past AC games has been nothing short of shocking...
I think these bugs are the direct result of a relatively short development cycle for an overly ambitious game. It's no excuse, but I really feel that since ACIII is the first in the series to slightly resemble a Rockstar/Bethesda open world game, they're in uncharted territory. Hopefully the Watch Dogs team share their experiences of the genre with the AC team.

Jexx21
11-12-2012, 04:41 AM
I think it's more because of the fact that the game is running on something it really shouldn't be able to run on..

Rankya_94
11-12-2012, 04:44 AM
Whoa. Lot of words here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8

Caeser_of_Rome
11-12-2012, 04:52 AM
Here We go again. Someone *****es because, they Exspected something completely different. News Flash for you,don't buy a game because of the trailers. Usually trailers are almost if not always false, just so they can get sales. Also, the community doesn't agree with you, and I don't think Ubisoft should give your money back. If you don't like what they did, there's a Website called EBAY. If you're to young to sell anything on there, then you are to young to play this game.

zhengyingli
11-12-2012, 05:07 AM
I think it's more because of the fact that the game is running on something it really shouldn't be able to run on..

Well, RDR as it stands now runs extremely well with outstanding visuals on PS3. (Never played it until a year after release, so I have no experience with the unpatched version.) Besides the long development cycle, they've been in the open-world business for quite a while.

CalgaryJay
11-12-2012, 05:17 AM
LOL what a dork, why would you make a poll for 4 different options about how much you don't like the game.

Also can't help but notice how the vast majority of these complainy thread OP's are always a single paragraph wall of text where they clearly don't know how to put a proper paragraph together. Which just furthers my suspicion that the people who make these threads are just a bunch of mouth breathers.

blacklimoband
11-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Wow OP.... I'm amazed they haven't perma-banned you yet. Someone has rage issues...... Wall of text rants won't get you the response you're hoping for bro....

Black_Widow9
11-12-2012, 06:19 AM
Make sure you posting in the correct Forum directed to you by the Sticky and Announcement if you are posting Spoilers and you need to use the SPOILER tag otherwise it can and will be locked.
AC Hints and Tips Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9011039408)

There is a patch in the works and we will have more information for you this week.

If you are going to post please make sure it follows the Forum Rules and is constructive and without language and anger.
Thanks