PDA

View Full Version : No animal tracks

BigUrn
11-12-2012, 01:52 AM
This is starting to get to me in the homestead I see absolutely no animal tracks whatsoever not a plant not a berry a stick or twig nothing. If I zap on over to the frontier bam I see animal tracks everywhere which is why I think it's glitched or something cause I thought I say tracks before on the homestead. Problem is I need to find 1 last animal on the homestead to complete my hunting map but with no tracks its kinda hard anyone know anything that would help? Also every time my game loads it says "weapons 1" whatever that is

dbuddy101
11-12-2012, 03:46 AM
This is starting to get to me in the homestead I see absolutely no animal tracks whatsoever not a plant not a berry a stick or twig nothing. If I zap on over to the frontier bam I see animal tracks everywhere which is why I think it's glitched or something cause I thought I say tracks before on the homestead. Problem is I need to find 1 last animal on the homestead to complete my hunting map but with no tracks its kinda hard anyone know anything that would help? Also every time my game loads it says "weapons 1" whatever that is It is not a glitch, certain areas of the homestead have places to hunt, while other parts you cannot hunt. I do not know if you can have clues in those hunting areas, I only know that animals spawn there.

PurpleHaze1980
11-13-2012, 05:15 AM
This is starting to get to me in the homestead I see absolutely no animal tracks whatsoever not a plant not a berry a stick or twig nothing. If I zap on over to the frontier bam I see animal tracks everywhere which is why I think it's glitched or something cause I thought I say tracks before on the homestead. Problem is I need to find 1 last animal on the homestead to complete my hunting map but with no tracks its kinda hard anyone know anything that would help? Also every time my game loads it says "weapons 1" whatever that is

I'm actually having the same issues all over the game. It's been days since I actually saw Animal tracks/clues that aren't related to the hunting society quests. Incidentally I'm also having that weapons message popping up (found weapon 1 or something?) every time I change to a new area or get onto or off of a Naval mission. It's utterly baffling.

Gianavel
11-13-2012, 05:53 AM
I don't have any "clues" in my Homestead, either, but they work on the Frontier.

Brandonmac10
11-13-2012, 06:00 AM
I'm actually having the same issues all over the game. It's been days since I actually saw Animal tracks/clues that aren't related to the hunting society quests. Incidentally I'm also having that weapons message popping up (found weapon 1 or something?) every time I change to a new area or get onto or off of a Naval mission. It's utterly baffling.

How do you start the Hunting Society quests? I didn't see the symbol anywhere.

wiccet
11-13-2012, 06:11 AM
same here but they stop showing up in the frontier and all i is the bobcat left to find what wrong with the a.t

PurpleHaze1980
11-13-2012, 06:45 AM

It's in the Frontier, the symbol should look like an animal paw print. There's various missions they send you on to slay bears, bobcats, etc. I'm on the bobcat one because for me it seems to be bugged. I've caught and slayed it about eight times now and the quest just keeps resetting itself. It's getting incredibly frustrating.

Chocoburger
11-13-2012, 08:13 AM
After you complete all 3 sets of prerequisites, the game does not show you the paw icon on the map. You have to find it yourself, there are two locations, one of them is easy to access. Here are the general directions:

Fast travel to the Liberated Fort that's at the bottom-center of the map, then run North for a minute after exiting the front gate of the fort. Cross the river and you should hopefully see the Hunter's Lodging and you can begin missions for them.

If you have a hard time finding it, enter your map and zoom in really close north of the fort and look for the black square which represents a building, run by all those black squares and then you'll find it for sure.

It's in the Frontier, the symbol should look like an animal paw print. There's various missions they send you on to slay bears, bobcats, etc. I'm on the bobcat one because for me it seems to be bugged. I've caught and slayed it about eight times now and the quest just keeps resetting itself. It's getting incredibly frustrating.

Did you wait too long to kill the Bobcat? After it reaches the human camp a couple of seconds later it no longer counts as the 'special bobcat' and it becomes downgraded to a 'normal bobcat'.

In order to beat the mission, follow the bobcat at the start, through the fallen tree logs, but when it enters the cave, do not follow it! Instead before the cave, climb up the rocks and run up to the human camp. Run past the camp fire and pile of leaves, and wait near the edge (it's hard to explain where so just give it a try).

The bobcat will eventually exit the cave and JUMP over the chasm you were just running through with the fallen tree logs. It will jump right into your arms and you can kill it a couple of seconds before the quest cancels itself. Since it's hard to explain where you need to wait, it may take a couple of tries to figure out the correct position.

PurpleHaze1980
11-13-2012, 08:28 AM
After you complete all 3 sets of prerequisites, the game does not show you the paw icon on the map. You have to find it yourself, there are two locations, one of them is easy to access. Here are the general directions:

Fast travel to the Liberated Fort that's at the bottom-center of the map, then run North for a minute after exiting the front gate of the fort. Cross the river and you should hopefully see the Hunter's Lodging and you can begin missions for them.

If you have a hard time finding it, enter your map and zoom in really close north of the fort and look for the black square which represents a building, run by all those black squares and then you'll find it for sure.

Did you wait too long to kill the Bobcat? After it reaches the human camp a couple of seconds later it no longer counts as the 'special bobcat' and it becomes downgraded to a 'normal bobcat'.

In order to beat the mission, follow the bobcat at the start, through the fallen tree logs, but when it enters the cave, do not follow it! Instead before the cave, climb up the rocks and run up to the human camp. Run past the camp fire and pile of leaves, and wait near the edge (it's hard to explain where so just give it a try).

The bobcat will eventually exit the cave and JUMP over the chasm you were just running through with the fallen tree logs. It will jump right into your arms and you can kill it a couple of seconds before the quest cancels itself. Since it's hard to explain where you need to wait, it may take a couple of tries to figure out the correct position.

Yeah i catch it at the other end of the cave and it still doesn't seem to count. Game is full of bugs and this seems to be one that plagues me alot. I've already lost interest in doing the 100% synch thing due to the bugs and stuff.

blacklimoband
11-13-2012, 09:26 AM

Easier way, make sure Poison Dart is your selected tool (stock up on them if you haven't got any before starting the mission), start running towards the chasm as soon as you have control and the moment the bobcat is highlighted let him have it (the poison dart that is), he'll drop dead about halfway along the chasm. That's how I did it, got sick of chasing the little bastard.

Don't forget to skin him :)