PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody ever mention the sound?

superkootje
11-11-2012, 11:14 PM
I hear complaints (alot) and I here good comments (less than complaints) but I haven't seen anybody mentioning the sound of the game.
It's awesome in DTS!
I really really like the naval warfare, the sound and atmosphere in there is splendid, the deep DTS base when you fire the cannons and the all round surrond sound amazes me.
Sometimes I think I'm really at sea! (joking, but it's just really amazing).

So really alot of kudos for the awesome sound!

jamgamerforever
11-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Yup, I use surround sound headphones and it was awesome. This game had a really awesome soundtrack too. I anticipated putting a First Civ battery in the Temple and going to the Memory Corridor each time because I knew I'd hear those amazing tracks.

LinkAndLoad
11-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Except that in all my navel missions Connors voice is so soft, it sounds bugged since all other sounds and voices are on "normal" volume.

MohMurad
11-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Some off the weapon sounds aren't there when fighting, but the soldier's movement sounds are still there. It doesn't happen often then.

nitres15
11-11-2012, 11:27 PM
i really like the guy shouting "fire!!!", i dunno why it just sounds epic in battle

Rakheton
11-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Yup, I use surround sound headphones and it was awesome. This game had a really awesome soundtrack too. I anticipated putting a First Civ battery in the Temple and going to the Memory Corridor each time because I knew I'd hear those amazing tracks.

would you mind telling me what headphone are you using?

jamgamerforever
11-11-2012, 11:33 PM
would you mind telling me what headphone are you using?

Turtle Beach PX5's.

pacmanate
11-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Naval battles sound so fit when they get hectic with waves go WOOOOOOOOOSh and CRASHHHHHH on your little boat

DSTRVCTION
11-12-2012, 12:34 AM
I did mention it today actually! I agree on the naval missions. Got a 5.1 surround sound set and I'm always turning up the volume when I'm at sea. The way he shouts "Fire" after which all those blasts from the cannons blow through my speakers is just awesome!

Except that in all my navel missions Connors voice is so soft, it sounds bugged since all other sounds and voices are on "normal" volume.

I actually thought his voice was too loud, Faulkner's as well. I almost can't hear my beloved cannons when they're talking.

BBALive
11-12-2012, 12:54 AM
The sound effects in the game are top notch.

ProdiGurl
11-12-2012, 01:26 AM

I'm finding that to be very common in most games anymore for some reason. I always have to turn the other sounds down & keep voice at 10/highest. (Dishonored was like the worst voice sound - faint & muffled both).
Other than main voices being a little faint sometimes, the sounds are fantastic on our surround sound bar.

UrDeviant1
11-12-2012, 01:35 AM
The sound effects are great, although the sound(s) of the cities seemed off at times, and during a couple of cut scenes. I didn't really get a feeling that the cities were alive, mainly down to the fact that I couldn't hear any excitement or decent conversations from NPC's stood about. I'v walked around a few groups of NPC's and all I can hear are grumbles or nothing at all. Other than that, great.

ProdiGurl
11-12-2012, 01:42 AM
The sound effects are great, although the sound(s) of the cities seemed off at times, and during a couple of cut scenes. I didn't really get a feeling that the cities were alive, mainly down to the fact that I couldn't hear any excitement or decent conversations from NPC's stood about. I'v walked around a few groups of NPC's and all I can hear are grumbles or nothing at all. Other than that, great.

I feel your pain - that was one thing most of us fans at ACR's release commented that we loved so much - the humorous crowd conversations. I was surprised they didn't bring that into Ac3 when they had done it in previous AC's & we loved it. ? I miss it. (sorry don't mean to derail)

uberslick
11-12-2012, 02:09 AM
I love it when your running through the trees in the forest, and that bird noise rings as the wind blows by. And then from the distance you hear the drum roll of the guard patrol, amazing stuff. Thats soon followed by hanging them from the trees...