PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Assassin's Creed 3 sequels depend on audience reaction to Connor"

FirestarLuva
11-11-2012, 07:05 PM
"We're going to see how players react to the guy [Connor] for sure. You'll get to experience portions of his life, you'll see why he becomes an assassin and what his motivations are.

The more you know about Connor the more you'll love him, but in the end we'll see what the reception is like." - Alex Hutchinson

So, what do you guys think? Is Connor well-received, not just here but also on other sites you visit?
Sure, he has haters, but Ezio doesn't have the brightest fanbase either. It would be really unfair to be able to play as Connor for only 9 sequences, while Ezio had 14 in his first game. No wonder some people say they couldn't connect with him. :/

RatonhnhakeFan
11-11-2012, 07:14 PM
The reaction seems like that to Altair to me. Won't say I'm very optimistic... :( I love him and want more, but the majority of the audience seems to prefer banal Ezio archetypes... I hope Ubisoft doesn't listen to them. Last thing we need is another character designed to be liked by the audience instead of being designed to be an interesting character

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 07:18 PM
You really think ?? They`ll say he was well received.. don't worry;)

"Seeing as Connor was very well received by fans, we have another game with him" I`d bet my mother that`s how it`s going to be..

FirestarLuva
11-11-2012, 07:20 PM

"Seeing as Connor was very well received by fans, we have another game with him" I`d bet my mother that`s how it`s going to be..

Like they did with Ezio. "We made three games with Ezio because people loved Ezio."
Pfffftttt, yeah right. :/

TlNSTAAFL
11-11-2012, 07:21 PM
How can his story continue? I mean, with all the things that happened outside the animus...

RatonhnhakeFan
11-11-2012, 07:23 PM

They didn't really do that with Altair... 6 short missions in ACR don't really count... :(

How can his story continue? I mean, with all the things that happened outside the animus...
Memory Seals, Shourd of Eden or some other POE that can record memories or extracting memories (like Abstergo did to release Liberation or allow viewing memories in DDS). Multiple plot devices has been long introduced into this franchise that make modern character or children obsolete to experience memories,

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 07:24 PM
I actually never had a 'connection' with Ezio either except for Assassin's Creed II. Probably because he was a young, reckless guy. The difference is, Ezio stayed young and reckless throughout the entire game. We've only played two missions as Connor being a child/teenager. What happened after the hide and seek made me say: "Wait, it's already over?" I think if they implemented more gameplay as him being a child/young adult people would have had a better connection.

I.E.
- ACII spoiler -
The first missions in ACII were beating up a bunch of idiots with your brother, doing quests for your dad and mom, collect feathers for your little brother. You got really attached to them, after which they get killed. And not just one, no, three of the people you love. It felt horrible even to me. I didn't get the same feeling this time around.

I don't care much though. I like Connor as well.

playassassins1
11-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Well. I like Connor a lot, Ubi did a good job with him. I prefer him over Ezio....

I think they will make a sequel with him. It would be a waste to not make one with such a good character.

Obvously, they'd have to come up with something really good in order to make a sequel with him.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-11-2012, 07:27 PM
\We've only played two missions as Connor being a child/teenager. What happened after the hide and seek made me say: "Wait, it's already over?" I think if they implemented more gameplay as him being a child/young adult people would have had a better connection.\

Yeah, I was surprised how short it was, especially after way overblown Sequence 1-3

pirate1802
11-11-2012, 07:31 PM
I think he was well-received. Always keep in mind: The screamers are always lesser in number than they appear to be. All things considered I think he is fairly well-received. All my friends like him.

And if anyone really hates Connor send RatonhnhakeFan to them xD

anik_lc
11-11-2012, 07:41 PM

Milking on its way. :D

Iamsosobad
11-11-2012, 07:41 PM
I dunno, reception seems very mixed to me. I thought he was pretty boring, and naive, and they'd have to do a lot of character development on him to make me want to play him again.

However, I think with some good writing he can grow into a more likable character, so he deserves one more game, plus I really want a French Revolution game and he'd be perfect for that.

pirate1802
11-11-2012, 07:42 PM

Connor deserves atleast one more game.

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 07:43 PM
For the first time.. I wont really call it milking..

I actually want one more game with Connor... He`s still a Boy, really....With so much potential..

Kaimooo
11-11-2012, 07:46 PM

I actually want one more game with Connor... He`s still a Boy, really....With so much potential..

Agree, I can't wait for another game with Connor

RatonhnhakeFan
11-11-2012, 07:47 PM
And if anyone really hates Connor send RatonhnhakeFan to them xD**** straight :p ;)

shobhit7777777
11-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Ubi is going to make a Connor game regardless....and I would like to see another 2 games with Connor....his arc would extremely interesting to follow especially in Post Independence America. He is an interesting character just not fully fleshed out yet thanks to AC3's narrative structure.

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 07:49 PM
I think there is no option left except for making a sequel with Connor in it. We've seen both Alta´r's en Ezio's lifes in almost their entirety, they can't just stop Connor's (though I don't know at what age it'll end in ACIII yet). If they do, they'll get a new bunch of complainers asking what happened to him ..

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Ubi is going to make a Connor game regardless....and I would like to see another 2 games with Connor....his arc would extremely interesting to follow especially in Post Independence America. He is an interesting character just not fully fleshed out yet thanks to AC3's narrative structure.
This..

Disagree, though with the Narrative structure part... It`s actually what makes me want more Connor, but not because it was bad, but because it actually managed to stir interest in the guy for me...Something AC II never did.

anik_lc
11-11-2012, 07:55 PM

He already did a hard task, ignite the revolution to give birth of the most almighty nation. He has done enough maybe.

I haven't played it yet though as its only 8 days until release on PC. Eagerly waiting. :D

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 08:03 PM
I actually don't think they were milking the series with the previous games anyway..

andreja110s
11-11-2012, 08:06 PM
I want another game with Connor too! Ezio had three games, Altair had one and... well, less than a third of a game, so it would be fair to give Connor something more...

pirate1802
11-11-2012, 08:08 PM
And I hope that game features Aveline too!

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Yea, I want an ACB to AC3 that introduces a new game mode: co-op.

Aveline and Connor!

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Ave-who?

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Ave-who?
Exactly..

Rankya_94
11-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Connor deserves much more, such a great character. I've been reading to many people saying "He's boring, he's ugly, he'll never be Ezio" it bothers me lol. Glad to see people here that likes him. c:

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Aveline deserves more too....

scottmapex
11-11-2012, 08:58 PM
I kinda want the next game to be set in the same place as the third. Same locations , just different.

AC4 could include Connor , a bigger frontier , more detailed world , frozen lakes haha.

Boston and New York could be made bigger as the cities were growing so rapidly back then.

And this time we could actually have naval free roam.. and we could actually sail to the cities.

Plus we would still have the homestead from where we left off in the third game.

In my opinion this would be best for the fourth because there just SO MUCH they left out of the third which i would like to see implemented.
The location has SO much potential in my opinion. Especially with the naval stuff.

I definitely think Connor's story needs to carry on..

RatonhnhakeFan
11-11-2012, 08:59 PM
And I hope that game features Aveline too!
Aveline should be the one to get Revolutionary Paris sequel IMO, it fits her more. RatonhnhakÚ:ton should continue his fight in North America both for his people and other kind of injustice now that the new country has been born.

kriegerdesgottes
11-11-2012, 09:02 PM

We do not know Desmond's fate. Also I would like to add that I like Connor. I didn't think I was going to be able to relate very well with him having such a big Native American influence but I like him a lot and I really hope to learn more about his later years. Who he marries, what else he learns/accomplishes about/for the assassins. It would be a shame in my opinion to not continue his story especially with all the huge events happening around the world and even in the states during his life time.

supremium72
11-11-2012, 09:41 PM
I posted this before, and I will post it again; I want a Templar-based spinoff game where the main character is a Templar. It seems to me like the perfect opportunity since we can assume now that [spoilers removed] seeing everything based on their point of view, even making it seem as if they were the good guys. Please, do that.

supremium72
11-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Oh, and about Connor, he was okay at best to me. Ezio to me is still my favorite character. Jumping from an emotionless character like Altair to a someone much more social and charismatic like Ezio to a character where the only emotions they seem to have is anger like Connor is a step back to me. Just my opinion.

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 09:46 PM
I`m joking :P Love seeing reactions to my Idiotic posts xD No hard feelings

Oh, and about Connor, he was okay at best to me. Ezio to me is still my favorite character. Jumping from an emotionless character like Altair to a someone much more social and charismatic like Ezio to a character where the only emotions they seem to have is anger like Connor is a step back to me. Just my opinion.
Which SUCKS. Your Opinion SUCKS.. It is STUPID and WRONG.. You`re opinion is STUPID..Yes

andreja110s
11-11-2012, 09:48 PM
I posted this before, and I will post it again; I want a Templar-based spinoff game where the main character is a Templar.

Templar┤s creed??? :nonchalance:

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-11-2012, 09:48 PM
No need for that, please be civil.

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 09:49 PM
No need for that, please be civil.
Highlight the entire post ??:rolleyes:

supremium72
11-11-2012, 09:51 PM
I`m joking :P Love seeing reactions to my Idiotic posts xD No hard feelings

Which SUCKS. Your Opinion SUCKS.. It is STUPID and WRONG.. You`re opinion is STUPID..Yes
Okay, dude.
EDIT: Just saw the highlighted part.

supremium72
11-11-2012, 10:14 PM
They can be creative with the name. They can name it like "Templar Order" or something like that.

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Aveline should be the one to get Revolutionary Paris sequel IMO, it fits her more. RatonhnhakÚ:ton should continue his fight in North America both for his people and other kind of injustice now that the new country has been born.

Aveline was born in 1747... she would be around 50 at the time of the french revolution.

Both Connor and Aveline end their games at the age of 30 (or 29). I find that odd.

UrDeviant1
11-11-2012, 10:30 PM
It's all well and good wanting people to have a good perception of Connor, but what about Connors perception of the Assassin Brotherhood?? Why was this just been pushed to the side? With Altair we pretty much founded the Brotherhood. With Ezio we rose up the ranks to eventually become Master Assassin. With Connor we get some Assassin robes. Even the cut scene where Achilles begins to explain the Brotherhood, It gets skipped, and all we hear him say to Connor is: "and so that's how It Is", or some uninspiring words along those lines.

luckyto
11-11-2012, 10:32 PM
I want more Connor.

Send him to Paris to visit his French friend, Lafayette (?). In one of the interactive convos, Lafayette did invite him. Paris and London in early 1800s. That'd be excellent.

jamgamerforever
11-11-2012, 10:38 PM
I would definitely like to see a Connor sequel. One, mind you, not two like Ezio received.

The question is: what is Connor fighting for? His people are gone. So freedom then. Does that mean he'll be undermining the very group he brought into power, as the epilogue highlighted the slave trade had not been stopped, nor slowed.

Just... don't burn down the Homestead at the beginning. I'll cry after all that work.

LinkAndLoad
11-11-2012, 10:42 PM
I don't like Connor and the whole American revolution theme. Smart move from Ubi on the marketing front though, if you look to the USA sales and such.
Connor just doesn't feel like an Assassin, he is way to bulky to.

jamgamerforever
11-11-2012, 10:46 PM
I don't like Connor and the whole American revolution theme. Smart move from Ubi on the marketing front though, if you look to the USA sales and such.
Connor just doesn't feel like an Assassin, he is way to bulky to.

I didn't find him too bulky. In fact, if you take a look at some of the early concept art, he was way too skinny initially.

The marketing is slightly hilarious. It focused on being all pro-America and kill Redcoats whereas the actual game gives George Washington a beat-down. The entire patriot group, actually.

Ez_187
11-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Well he's my Favourite Assassin Yet so I'd def like to see more of him he fights for what he believes in completely and they really need to bring the Creed more into the story or he won't really fit into the Assassin's Creed Trio in my opinion but even without that he's my favourite... I mean come on he [spoiler removed]

BATISTABUS
11-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Connor rocks, let's make it happen Ubisoft! Perfect the AC3 formula and give us more of this awesome character!

LinkAndLoad
11-11-2012, 10:58 PM
I didn't find him too bulky. In fact, if you take a look at some of the early concept art, he was way too skinny initially.

He is way to bulky, do u know how much u need to eat and train to keep that shape?
native;s where rather slender aswel, next to that he is an assassin, he need to be agile, slend and quick.

The marketing is slightly hilarious. It focused on being all pro-America and kill Redcoats whereas the actual game gives George Washington a beat-down. The entire patriot group, actually.

The whole region and time doesn't make sense to me in an AC game. I found the Ezio story already rather "late'. Pistols and such... F!@# off with that.

MT4K
11-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Guys... There's no spoiler tag on the thread. So be careful with the spoilers. Too many threads get moved to Hints and Tips latele as it is.

jamgamerforever
11-11-2012, 11:04 PM
He is way to bulky, do u know how much u need to eat and train to keep that shape?
native;s where rather slender aswel, next to that he is an assassin, he need to be agile, slend and quick.

Yup, but Connor likely trains every single day. And he is rather agile and speedy.

The whole region and time doesn't make sense to me in an AC game. I found the Ezio story already rather "late'. Pistols and such... F!@# off with that.

I didn't like the idea of an AC game being this late at first either but because of the reload times for the guns I think it worked. Besides that, I hardly ever used my guns. Much prefer to take an enemy out stealthily (hidden blade).

19th century is the absolute latest I would want to see. And even with that minor constraint look how much history Ubi has to work with.

willstannard
11-11-2012, 11:08 PM
I struggle to belive ubisoft ever weren't going to make a Connor sequel, not that I'm complaining, I loved Connor and think he rivals Ezio as character, who has to be considered one of the best video game characters of any game. I'm just praying they stop at the brotherhood equivalent, IMO Revelations was just bad, but I loved brotherhood

zhengyingli
11-11-2012, 11:09 PM
I really hope Connor evolves instead of having a change of character. Liara in Lair of the Shadow Broker is an example what I dread of happening. But, since Altair remained the same for Revelations, I have faith.

Turul.
11-11-2012, 11:10 PM
[SPOILERS BELOW, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED]

I can't say I liked him too much,

he's very naive, and always pissed, and his story felt kind of...pointless. like he could have never saved his people. I want to see more, because it could be really good. He's so one dimensional, but they could mature him and take him on a character arch where he actually become relatable.

UBSOFT PLEASE DEVELOP CONNOR MORE, HE NEEDS IT

zhengyingli
11-11-2012, 11:50 PM

The dev team as a whole, even the writers, thought it was funny that we were judging the game's one sidedness based on the ads. The game wasn't even out yet.

Will_Lucky
11-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Give him 3 sequences and then hand the rest over to his Son/Daughter. Problem solved.

Assemblent
11-12-2012, 12:27 AM
The Assassin's Creed series became my favorite games ever, as a 29 year old gamer... And now, with AC3 finally delivering an assassin to whom I really relate to in all ways (from is naivety to is view of the world, more like everything being black and white, the way he related to the world, characters his father, etc..) all I have to say is thank you and please show us more of Connor.

DSTRVCTION
11-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Give him 3 sequences and then hand the rest over to his Son/Daughter. Problem solved.

LOL, please don't. Not again.

jamgamerforever
11-12-2012, 12:43 AM
LOL, please don't. Not again.

Honestly, they could just do this ad infinitum. Just start in 2000 BC, and continue going down the family tree. :p

jmfchuckie
11-12-2012, 12:46 AM
William Miles could take over...

ProdiGurl
11-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Up to Seq. 6, I love Connor and I'd be happy with another game w/ him. I like his quiet demeanor and that would be perfect to use with a female love interest. A strong but quiet romantic type. :o
He does need a personal side story going on like Ezio had. Ezio had family plus love interests.
That's what brings more of a bonding & familiarity w/ the character & that's probably a big reason why Ezio is so loved.
Bring in a personal relationship of some kind - close family, a long lost child he had......, a female interest.... and people would have warmed up to him better imo.
Music could help with mood too. It felt a little empty without it, so there's some lack of mood to go along w/ him thru alot of the game.
Just my personal observations.
I still love Ezio, he was my first Assassin, but I'd be very happy to see Connor back and built up w/ a strong personal storyline.

laz1492
11-12-2012, 12:55 AM
this game blows, they totally screwed it up from the other assassin creed games. story line is weak, character is lame, who the hell is this connor and how long do you have to play it to get him. Hell it would take years to get through the game if you ever tried to pick a single lock, you just sit there forever turning L in circles hoping someday something happens besides your thumb falling off. this game line was soooo good till this point but ubi soft went an assassinated their own damm game what a shame

DSTRVCTION
11-12-2012, 12:58 AM
I really don't get the problem with lockpicking? You had to do this from the very start with Haytham, and I've NEVER failed to do it. Just do as described. Put L in and SLOWLY turn until it clicks and your controller vibrates, now put R in and do the same thing. If they're both in place, you mash the trigger. All done.

ProdiGurl
11-12-2012, 12:59 AM
O dear God............... and this is the first post

ProdiGurl
11-12-2012, 01:00 AM
I really don't get the problem with lockpicking? You had to do this from the very start with Haytham, and I've NEVER failed to do it. Just do as described. Put L in and SLOWLY turn until it clicks and your controller vibrates, now put R in and do the same thing. If they're both in place, you mash the trigger. All done.
Lockpicking is so simple, my dog could do it with one paw. Honestly.... if you can't get that, it's a wonder anyone got past AC2-ACR.

zhengyingli
11-12-2012, 01:01 AM
William Miles could take over...
No spoiler, but there's a heated moment that hints at the possiblity.

DSTRVCTION
11-12-2012, 01:02 AM
Lockpicking is so simple, my dog could do it with one paw. Honestly.... if you can't get that, it's a wonder anyone got past AC2-ACR.

I know right. Even the first time in the Royal Theatre I didn't exactly know what to do and I managed to pull it off. I hope they won't patch this because there's nothing wrong. I like it this way.

ProdiGurl
11-12-2012, 01:06 AM
I know right. Even the first time in the Royal Theatre I didn't exactly know what to do and I managed to pull it off. I hope they won't patch this because there's nothing wrong. I like it this way.

If they make it any easier with a patch, it will become too difficult. lol :p

DSTRVCTION
11-12-2012, 01:09 AM
If they make it any easier with a patch, it will become too difficult. lol :p

Probably so. I'm looking forward to that patch, though I'm a little bit concerned as well. New patches solve problems, but bring new ones as well .. I hope they fix things without making other things worse!

ProdiGurl
11-12-2012, 01:19 AM
Ya that & they can ruin some nice and helpful glitches sometimes too.:nonchalance:

twenty_glyphs
11-12-2012, 01:22 AM
I don't want to see another Connor game. I think sending him to the French Revolution would be a big mistake. I really want a game set in the French Revolution, but I think it will work so much better with someone who's from that location and culture. In fact, the French Revolution was such a big moment in the start of feminism that I think a female Assassin might work well in that setting. But a Native American in the French Revolution feels so out of place, in a bad way.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Alta´r in the first game, but he still felt cooler and he felt like he actually grew somewhat as a character in that game. He was being used, but was at least smart enough to figure it out and take real action. The Codex pages in AC2 really made his character more interesting, but that grew out of the way AC1 ended organically, which I don't see happening for Connor based on how AC3 played out.

Of course, I fully believe that Ubisoft is already working on another game for Connor that takes place somewhere else in America. They could certainly have him grow more as a character, but I feel like they really wasted their chance since the American Revolution is the most interesting thing he could have been involved in.

ProdiGurl
11-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Of course, I fully believe that Ubisoft is already working on another game for Connor that takes place somewhere else in America. They could certainly have him grow more as a character, but I feel like they really wasted their chance since the American Revolution is the most interesting thing he could have been involved in.

I haven't agreed w/ most of your opinions on Ac3, but this I can find some common ground with. This was the game to build him up and get us to bond with him thru a personal storyline and with such an awesome theme as the breakout game for AC's new direction.
It would probly sell better the 2nd time if he was built up better in this one than having to do it in a 2nd sequel. But it can still be done for the people who haven't warmed up to him & if the next setting/theme is interesting enough. I do worry about doing another one in America.
The question is will they still buy the game in the first place & give it another chance if they aren't real fans of Connor now? I don't know.

kriegerdesgottes
11-12-2012, 01:37 AM

Agreed I don't understand why people are complaining about the lockpicking of all things. I enjoy the lock picking and I think it's if anything, a long overdue addition to the AC franchise. It's one of those things that an assassin should realistically be able to do and I'm glad it's there.

thatredrubicon
11-12-2012, 03:47 AM
HELL YEAH! I hope they bring Connor back, def my fav AC character so far.

WarriorAegis
11-12-2012, 04:20 AM
What the? I love Ezio. Ezio deserved his first two games. ... Revelations... umm... don't talk to me about that.

But Connor is cool, too. I thought he was a great character.

SSJ_ORF
11-12-2012, 04:29 AM
Connor is an amazing addition to the Assassin's Creed franchise. I also thought the same for Haytham, but I won't go off-topic here. This is my opinion:

Altair > Connor > Ezio

Also, when Ubisoft said AC3 would make us like Desmond a lot more, they were surely right.

anik_lc
11-12-2012, 06:17 AM
^ You put those sign wrong. It is actually:
Altair < Connor < Ezio. :)

Ave-who?

Ave Maria, theme song for Hitman. :D

Turul.
11-12-2012, 06:34 AM
I don't want to see another Connor game. I think sending him to the French Revolution would be a big mistake. I really want a game set in the French Revolution, but I think it will work so much better with someone who's from that location and culture. In fact, the French Revolution was such a big moment in the start of feminism that I think a female Assassin might work well in that setting. But a Native American in the French Revolution feels so out of place, in a bad way.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Alta´r in the first game, but he still felt cooler and he felt like he actually grew somewhat as a character in that game. He was being used, but was at least smart enough to figure it out and take real action. The Codex pages in AC2 really made his character more interesting, but that grew out of the way AC1 ended organically, which I don't see happening for Connor based on how AC3 played out.

I'd love to see him in the french revolution, since its such a different culture, and Connor could find purpose in Liberating others for the sake of liberating them. also the french revolution is very interesting because in the end the people handed over the power to napoleon, creating another dictator.

but the next game which i feel is a bit more likely is the events after the revolution, exploring the native american and colonist conflicts, treaties, and rebellions. there is a lot of turmoil between both factions and could play really really well into the whole relative morality story. i find it rather fascinating. maybe they'll explore the ohio valley and the shawnee tribes. my home state :)

pirate1802
11-12-2012, 06:38 AM
Lockpicking is so simple, my dog could do it with one paw.

That's a good idea. I'll have my dog do it when I get the game xD

BATISTABUS
11-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Having Connor be apart of the French Revolution would be very dumb, and since we already got a game in the same general time period, I think you can all forget about a French Revolution AC game happening.

Connor still has his objectives at home, so there's plenty to go off of if they choose to continue his story.

zhengyingli
11-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Having Connor be apart of the French Revolution would be very dumb, and since we already got a game in the same general time period, I think you can all forget about a French Revolution AC game happening.

Connor still has his objectives at home, so there's plenty to go off of if they choose to continue his story.

And unlike ACII where Ezio lets Rodrigo live, I have high hopes that Connor's "Brotherhood" title won't be as bloated. Not hatin' on Brotherhood, just sayin'.

pirate1802
11-12-2012, 09:10 AM

Yeah I have a feeling if is to feature Connor again (as it most certainly will), I don't think they'll abandon everything they developed in AC III. I mean they adapted the franchise to a new setting, introduced so many new features, for what? Just one game?

flavorcountry19
11-12-2012, 09:20 AM

wait......you did play brotherhood right? cause brotherhood starts right after AC2

zhengyingli
11-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Yeah I have a feeling if is to feature Connor again (as it most certainly will), I don't think they'll abandon everything they developed in AC III. I mean they adapted the franchise to a new setting, introduced so many new features, for what? Just one game?

That's the price any developers pay for creating in-house engines. Costs are so high nowadays that they can't justify the creation of new engines unless they can gain some profit across multiple releases.

Legendz54
11-12-2012, 09:45 AM
They have to do another Connor game.. If they plan to do it in the French Revolution Connor will be in it as it starts about 4 years later, It would be too much effort to create a new character that can tree run like Connor. I am pretty sure france has a frontier and has deadly animals too such as brown bears and arctic wolves.

CRANK 132
11-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Connor has definitely been my favourite character so far! I don't think an Assassin's Creed character has ever been so fully-realised before, Ezio was likeable, but there was never any depth to him, no real personality. Connor has values and sticks to them, he has a determination you can believe in and make your own.

Definitely want to play more as Connor and there is definitely scope for more time as him via Desmond's father. Maybe the Templars will try getting their hands on George Washington to help him establish 'order' as his character seems weak and thus susceptible to manipulation. They have left Connor's world open - it could go anywhere.

SPOILER BELOW IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE GAME!!!!

Having said that - I really think Juno needs taking care as quickly as possible. Maybe go back to the days when humanity was enslaved by the First Civilization, maybe this is when the Assassin's were first formed - Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted - the adage helped Altair fight the Apple when Al Mualim tried to control him, maybe we will see humanity freeing themselves from their captors?

jamgamerforever
11-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Connor has definitely been my favourite character so far! I don't think an Assassin's Creed character has ever been so fully-realised before, Ezio was likeable, but there was never any depth to him, no real personality. Connor has values and sticks to them, he has a determination you can believe in and make your own.

Definitely want to play more as Connor and there is definitely scope for more time as him via Desmond's father. Maybe the Templars will try getting their hands on George Washington to help him establish 'order' as his character seems weak and thus susceptible to manipulation. They have left Connor's world open - it could go anywhere.

SPOILER BELOW IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE GAME!!!!

Having said that - I really think Juno needs taking care as quickly as possible. Maybe go back to the days when humanity was enslaved by the First Civilization, maybe this is when the Assassin's were first formed - Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted - the adage helped Altair fight the Apple when Al Mualim tried to control him, maybe we will see humanity freeing themselves from their captors?

I still like Ezio more, but it's not really fair as Ezio has had three games to develop, whereas Connor has only had one.

You make a very good point about Washington. Remember in 3, Shaun mentions that Washington, at some point later on, comes into contact with an Apple of Eden.

And yeah, I'd like to see the modern day storyline continue.

bruise2010
11-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Ezio made a fantastic impression through one game. He is by far the best character in the series.

Connor is good, I have not finished AC3 yet, but I don't like his overtly serious tone. The acting is fine, but the character does not really work with the dynamics of the series.

The reason Ezio is loved is because his levity actually ADDS to the drama, while constant seriousness would not have the same effect.

ProdiGurl
11-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Actually, in ACR he was ALL business/ serious.... it was one of the very few issues I had w/ the story. They could have done so much in that area.
I much preferred Ezio in ACB & AC2 for character/ personality and I'm about positive they went further opposite of Ezio w/ Connor due to fan input on Ezio being over the top & cliche'. They're most likely going to get complaints on the protagonist no matter how they make them to be.

ps to CRANK.. I didn't read the bottom of your post due to Spoiler alert, but there aren't supposed to be spoilers in this forum area at all. Just a head's up.
:)

Will_Lucky
11-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Actually, in ACR he was ALL business/ serious.... it was one of the very few issues I had w/ the story.
:)

What? Did you interact with Sofia at all? Those scenes were not Business as usual he showed a side that we hadn't seen before especially since he lost Cristina. His interactions with Yusef were also very good. Everything wasn't just business as usual. The few interactions with Suleimann also showed a more fatherly side to him that hadn't been present before.

Ezios relationship with those 3 people was more exciting than Connors entire life.

pirate1802
11-12-2012, 02:56 PM
What? Did you interact with Sofia at all? Those scenes were not Business as usual he showed a side that we hadn't seen before especially since he lost Cristina. His interactions with Yusef were also very good. Everything wasn't just business as usual. The few interactions with Suleimann also showed a more fatherly side to him that hadn't been present before.

Ezios relationship with those 3 people was more exciting than Connors entire life.

Don't know about Connor yet, but agreed on old Ezio. His scenes with Sofia were beautiful. So were the ones with Suleiman and Yusuf. That's why I like old Ezio the most among all the Ezios.

NumberSix1967
11-12-2012, 04:04 PM
The confused plot and utterly boring characterisation made Connor a bit of a damp personality overall. He was monotone, not very intelligent, without anything of interest to say or comment on and ultimately learned nothing from his trials and by proxy, neither did we. It's a show of muddled writing when the protagonist says "I'm done with forgiveness" (I'm paraphrasing) in response to discovering that the man who was supposedly responsible for your mother dying, and whose death it is you believe to be the ultimate goal in your quest, turns out to have had nothing to do with your initial aggravation; yet still, you go after him. Why, because he was nasty to you when he pinned you up against a tree and had a dodgy English accent?

There's nothing wrong with plot twists, but when in-game motivation becomes confused then we are lost to our own motivation.

TrueAssassin77
11-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Im really starting to think that this stupid conclusion that connor is not smart is a race issue.....

I'm sorry but, there is absolutely no bases for such a conclusion. Connor has a good knowledge of military tactics,
he runs a business through the homestead, he has a freaking account book, he manages money.
He's an expert in multiple weapons. Achilles taught him philosophy and multiple languages.
connor has knowledge of naval warefare. Connor knows how to work a naval ship. Connor can read naps.
Connor is as smart if not smarter than ezio.

Please shut up about him being not smart. It really has no bases. There is no logical explanation to enforce the conclusion.
Connor is a god**** businessman.H

LinkAndLoad
11-12-2012, 04:30 PM

You played with Altair for just one game....
So that statement is rather irrelevant.

Altair is my fav. character btw. Gotta love Altair <3

s1dragonlord
11-12-2012, 04:31 PM
I agree and don't see how they can make another one. I am a big assasin fan and hope theycan do something, but not just do something that goes against the series or something thats just rushed out to try and make fans happy.

Kaswa101
11-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Connor needs another game. The setting was awesome, and his story was a lot easier to follow than Ezio's, not to mention more interesting. :)

I want an AC3 sequel! ;)

LinkAndLoad
11-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Connor needs another game. The setting was awesome, and his story was a lot easier to follow than Ezio's, not to mention more interesting. :)

I want an AC3 sequel! ;)

Are you joking? The story was dull and not so in depth as the previous games.

TrueAssassin77
11-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Are you joking? The story was dull and not so in depth as the previous games.

Let him have his own opinion.
If you don't like it we don't care

LinkAndLoad
11-12-2012, 04:39 PM

We are disusing a potential sequel, if you want a chit chat call your girlfriend.

pirate1802
11-12-2012, 04:42 PM

:D lol

@LinkAndLoad.. Altair was the starting protagonist. Much has changed since then. And he DID have more than one game.

WarriorAegis
11-12-2012, 04:44 PM
That is... if you count the Spin-offs. :P

LoyalACFan
11-12-2012, 04:44 PM
The confused plot and utterly boring characterisation made Connor a bit of a damp personality overall. He was monotone, not very intelligent, without anything of interest to say or comment on and ultimately learned nothing from his trials and by proxy, neither did we. It's a show of muddled writing when the protagonist says "I'm done with forgiveness" (I'm paraphrasing) in response to discovering that the man who was supposedly responsible for your mother dying, and whose death it is you believe to be the ultimate goal in your quest, turns out to have had nothing to do with your initial aggravation; yet still, you go after him. Why, because he was nasty to you when he pinned you up against a tree and had a dodgy English accent?

There's nothing wrong with plot twists, but when in-game motivation becomes confused then we are lost to our own motivation.

He wanted Charles dead because he was a Templar. Haytham was a special case because he was his father, and he still held some faint hope that he could find common ground with him, but Charles was different. The Assassin's goal was to free the colonies, a goal that happened to be aligned with the goals of George Washington and the Patriots, and Lee was a threat to Washington. As much as Connor resented Washington for the burning of the village, he still let him remain in power because he was the best hope the colonies had for freedom. Lee would have reversed that, given the chance, so Connor still wanted him dead. Although the final scene in the inn suggested that there was no longer personal animosity between them, but rather a clash of interests.

TrueAssassin77
11-12-2012, 04:49 PM

really starting to think that this stupid conclusion that connor is not smart is a race issue.....

I'm sorry but, there is absolutely no bases for such a conclusion. Connor has a good knowledge of military tactics,
he runs a business through the homestead, he has a freaking account book, he manages money.
He's an expert in multiple weapons. Achilles taught him philosophy and multiple languages.
connor has knowledge of naval warefare. Connor knows how to work a naval ship. Connor can read naps.

Please shut up about him being not smart. It really has no bases. There is no logical explanation to enforce the conclusion.
Connor is a god**** businessman.

LinkAndLoad
11-12-2012, 04:51 PM
really starting to think that this stupid conclusion that connor is not smart is a race issue.....

Good that you mention it, when and where on earth did he learn to sail, him being a native and all.

NumberSix1967
11-12-2012, 04:53 PM
He wanted Charles dead because he was a Templar. Haytham was a special case because he was his father, and he still held some faint hope that he could find common ground with him, but Charles was different. The Assassin's goal was to free the colonies, a goal that happened to be aligned with the goals of George Washington and the Patriots, and Lee was a threat to Washington. As much as Connor resented Washington for the burning of the village, he still let him remain in power because he was the best hope the colonies had for freedom. Lee would have reversed that, given the chance, so Connor still wanted him dead. Although the final scene in the inn suggested that there was no longer personal animosity between them, but rather a clash of interests.

I do understand all of that and did pick up on it while playing the game however, it was all so poorly written in and inconsistent to itself that it lost interest to me completely. I would argue that Connor wasn't an Assassin per say, but more a person using the Creed to further his own goals (although we see comparatively little of his village, people and culture). There was always the sense that he was acting more out of personal vendetta than duty, unlike Altair who was born into the order and Ezio, who was the son of an Assassin and presumably kept away from that side of things until the events of AC2 took place. With Connor's external entry to the Assassin methods, he was applying their (or rather just Achilles') training and teaching to his own goal for vengeance. This you could argue was why he appeared one dimensional and emotionally limited/stunted. We were never faced with the same kind of threat that say Ezio felt (against his family etc) as we were kept apart from Connor's people by and large. I'd also raise the point that it was an inconsistent move to have him accept a European name. It would surely go against his pride but of course, working under different monikers is applicable to his methods.

pirate1802
11-12-2012, 04:53 PM
*Grabs beer and popcorn*

NumberSix1967
11-12-2012, 04:55 PM

Don't be rude, or I may have to enforce the conclusion that you are emotionally stunted.

Nixed
11-12-2012, 04:57 PM
I freaking LOVE connor, I think he's a fantastic change of pace from Ezio.

He was determined. He was hardened through years of heartbreak and war. He doesn't know why he had to do all the things he did. And after the epilogue missions, you see that he is basically alone.

I really had low expectations for the character but now I think I like him as much as Ezio if not more. I was impressed with the bold direction they went with him and I think they succeeded. Just my two cents.

LinkAndLoad
11-12-2012, 05:03 PM
I do understand all of that and did pick up on it while playing the game however, it was all so poorly written in and inconsistent to itself that it lost interest to me completely. I would argue that Connor wasn't an Assassin per say, but more a person using the Creed to further his own goals (although we see comparatively little of his village, people and culture). There was always the sense that he was acting more out of personal vendetta than duty, unlike Altair who was born into the order and Ezio, who was the son of an Assassin and presumably kept away from that side of things until the events of AC2 took place. With Connor's external entry to the Assassin methods, he was applying their (or rather just Achilles') training and teaching to his own goal for vengeance. This you could argue was why he appeared one dimensional and emotionally limited/stunted. We were never faced with the same kind of threat that say Ezio felt (against his family etc) as we were kept apart from Connor's people by and large. I'd also raise the point that it was an inconsistent move to have him accept a European name. It would surely go against his pride but of course, working under different monikers is applicable to his methods.

I feel the same. The whole game I did not have that feeling I was playing with an assassin, also I didnt feel anything for Connor. Boohoo is Mom died, village destroyed. Yeah I was like what ever.... More important things here to do, like whats the ending and such. Also the main story was to short, bad written and had no depth.

Like with previous tittles you could find more things out about the Templars, Desmond, the Creed, those who came before, other subjects etc. There was almost nothing to discover on the plot next to play the main story line to find out what the plot was.

Everyone who is praising AC3 as one hell of a game, are probably also stunned by a CoD single player...

Grandmaster_Z
11-12-2012, 05:04 PM
I like Connor. His voice is good but in certain instances it needs to be more emotional. They could expand so much more on his story. I love the time setting of AC3

TrueAssassin77
11-12-2012, 05:07 PM
I feel the same. The whole game I did not have that feeling I was playing with an assassin, also I didnt feel anything for Connor. Boohoo is Mom died, village destroyed. Yeah I was like what ever.... More important things here to do, like whats the ending and such. Also the main story was to short, bad written and had no depth.

Like with previous tittles you could find more things out about the Templars, Desmond, the Creed, those who came before, other subjects etc. There was almost nothing to discover on the plot next to play the main story line to find out what the plot was.

Everyone who is praising AC3 as one hell of a game, are probably also stunned by a CoD single player...
Let everyone have there own opinions.

TrueAssassin77
11-12-2012, 05:09 PM
You are indirectly insulting everyone who likes the game

LinkAndLoad
11-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Let everyone have there own opinions.

I dont care that you don't care. What is this a thread where we can only praise AC3.

Btw, I am having a conversation with him, its rude to interupt

PS: I AGREED with him.

Lol 1/10 troll harder.

LinkAndLoad
11-12-2012, 05:12 PM
You are indirectly insulting everyone who likes the game

Well keep yourself to your own words, and let me have my own opinion.
Your such a hypocrite.

If you want to disagree, make some valid statements and discuss it. Baby.

Dan Pen 97
11-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I'll like to play another game with him :)

TrueAssassin77
11-12-2012, 05:13 PM
You indirectly insulted everyone who thinks the game is awesome

Dan Pen 97
11-12-2012, 05:16 PM
You indirectly insulted everyone who thinks the game is awesome

Well it it a good game oh :).

LinkAndLoad
11-12-2012, 05:16 PM
you indirectly insulted everyone who thinks the game is awesome

Do u even read what I post!!!

TrueAssassin77
11-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Don't insult ppl based on an opinion.

LinkAndLoad
11-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Don't insult ppl based on an opinion.

You have proven my point. Good day.

TrueAssassin77
11-12-2012, 05:25 PM
You don't have one........................

kuled2012
11-12-2012, 05:29 PM
moar connor please, give him a love interest though, nothing Ezio like but something like the Cristina missions

Dan Pen 97
11-12-2012, 05:30 PM
You don't have one........................

I think you need to stop this. Or this forum will get closed. And you wont that will you!!

pirate1802
11-12-2012, 05:30 PM

Don't you think that was a little too much?

LinkAndLoad
11-12-2012, 05:31 PM
This message is hidden because TrueAssassin77 is on your ignore list (http://forums.ubi.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Dan Pen 97
11-12-2012, 05:32 PM

No it was not to much. Why do you think it might be a little bit to much?

LinkAndLoad
11-12-2012, 05:34 PM

Maybe, but I am trying to make a point. AC3 is by far not the best in the serrie's. And those who said it to be, brought no argument up for being so.

"I like AC3" "AC3 is the best AC ive played" "I like Connor, derp" are not opinions but statements.

Dan Pen 97
11-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Maybe, but I am trying to make a point. AC3 is by far not the best in the serrie's. And those who said it to be, brought no argument up for being so.

"I like AC3" "AC3 is the best AC ive played" "I like Connor, derp" are not opinions but statements.

Why do you think it's not the best?

TrueAssassin77
11-12-2012, 05:47 PM
he shouldn't insult ppl on an opinion.

pirate1802
11-12-2012, 05:48 PM
AC3 is by far not the best in the serrie's.

In your opinion...

And those who said it to be, brought no argument up for being so.

See other threads, you'll find plenty.

They are opinions, because they show the person's personal preference.

No it was not to much. Why do you think it might be a little bit to much?

A example (specified it incase someone gets riled up): Those who don't like AC3 are probably sad sods who have nothing better to do.
See how it looks?

freddie_1897
11-12-2012, 05:49 PM
there are people who state that it isn't the best too. and sometimes its down to something hard to explain. i prefer it because i like the setting, the feel, the mechanics, the combat, the navigation and the story. i disliked the ending but it leaves it open ended for the next modern day protagonist. which is a good thing

Dan Pen 97
11-12-2012, 05:50 PM
In your opinion...

A example (specified it incase someone gets riled up): Those who don't like AC3 are probably sad sods who have nothing better to do.
See how it looks?

A lot of people like the game oh don't they?

LinkAndLoad
11-12-2012, 06:01 PM
In your opinion...

See how it looks?

In my opnion yes, and i stated that with arguments when I was talking with someone.

We are talking here.

They are not, there is a difference in stating something and having an opinion you can back up with arguments like the guy with his Pink Floyd Sig.

The last sentence where you quoted Dan Pen is part true. Lol, I Am an AC fan who is dwelling these boards, What do you think?

ProdiGurl
11-12-2012, 06:03 PM

I expected someone would offer this... but that's all it was w/ Sophia, some cardboard scenes - there was very little flirtation - he even said it in his writings to his sister, he was interested in Sophia but couldn't afford to have her get dragged into it so he kept his distance.
The ONE scene we got that was actually 'deep' on the relationship side was him cutting the flowers w/ his blade. Priceless.
So yes it was technically in there, but it was.... sterile outside a few short bits & always right back to business w/ the books.

Same w/ Yusuf - he ignored most of his clowning around & stayed on business. Yes the stuff was in there, but it was brushed aside by Ezio's wanting to keep it to business & very little personal. It was actually frustrating to me as I hoped beyond hope to have some "Ezio" moments from AC2 & ACB.
Didn't happen but should have. Still, a great story & a fav. game of mine.

Mr_Shade
11-12-2012, 06:15 PM
lets keep it civil peeps...

LinkAndLoad
11-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Why do you think it's not the best?

First off all all the glitches and bugs that it came with. There where to many for such a big project as Assassins Creed is. Some of them should have bin noticed and addressed in the Alpha and Beta phase.

For Five years we are living up to this moment. "the ending" well for this trilogy atleast. From all games before this is where it should have peaked. It didn't. The story line was to short, had no depth and we got no side information on the plot what so ever as in previous titles. E.g. in previous titles there where more side tracks you could discover which went par with the main story line. As in discovering things about Subject 16, Abstergo, The Creed, The Templars, Desmond nor flashbacks to previous Assassins.

I found Connor kinda random, didn't feel like an Assassin partly because he isn't born in to the creed. So yes he shares a bloodline with hayam, woohoo. The death of his mother and burning downs of his village where to clichÚ. I realy did not see that coming Ubi.... ha-ha.
I did not bonded with him at all, his voice so monotone, like he was stoned 24/7.

I also did not like the the theme of revolutionary America.

MOST IMPORTANT.
I did not got that feeling I had in all other games, look at that awesome building I WANT TO CLIMB THAT.

The city's where dull, not fun to free roam in. And the addition of tree's. Well in how many did you run in the stroy line. It was there yes, but just could have not bin there.

NumberSix1967
11-12-2012, 06:48 PM
So...do we think we'll get another Connor game? As much as ACIII disappointed me in many ways, I did think the concept was great; just the execution was lacking and on that score I'd like to see if Connor can be given a successful run out in a further title. I don't see how close to present day they can get (if they're going that route) without adding in all types of gun play, which would detratct from the main gameplay assets: stealth and surprise. I highly doubt Assassin's Creed will go the way of Resident Evil, and turn into a shoot-em-up.

Dan Pen 97
11-12-2012, 07:02 PM
lets keep it civil peeps...

Thank you for doing that Mr_Shade.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-12-2012, 07:02 PM
not very intelligent, without anything of interest to say or comment onReally. Just like when he called out Adams on complaining how hard it is for the Colonists because of the Crown while at the same time keeping other people as slaves? Yes, was a great display of how unintelligent he was and how he didn't have anything interesting to say.

discovering that the man who was supposedly responsible for your mother dying, and whose death it is you believe to be the ultimate goal in your quest, turns out to have had nothing to do with your initial aggravation; yet still, you go after him. Why, because he was nasty to you when he pinned you up against a tree and had a dodgy English accent?
Or maybe because he still burned your village, even if not giving the order to do it himself? Or maybe because he deceived the people in your village into a trap to get them wiped by Continental Army after Washington gave an order to eliminate hostile tribes? Or maybe because he deceived your friend to attack your which ended in his death? Suuuuuure Charles Lee totally did nothing to deserve RatonhnhakÚ:ton's hate

Razrback16
11-12-2012, 07:18 PM
"We're going to see how players react to the guy [Connor] for sure. You'll get to experience portions of his life, you'll see why he becomes an assassin and what his motivations are.

The more you know about Connor the more you'll love him, but in the end we'll see what the reception is like." - Alex Hutchinson

So, what do you guys think? Is Connor well-received, not just here but also on other sites you visit?
Sure, he has haters, but Ezio doesn't have the brightest fanbase either. It would be really unfair to be able to play as Connor for only 9 sequences, while Ezio had 14 in his first game. No wonder some people say they couldn't connect with him. :/

IMO, it's quite mixed. I don't HATE Connor, but there are some major problems.

* Very little backstory as far as his transition into the Assassin Brotherhood. Achilles is very lightly explained, so for the most part for me, Connor's overall Assassin story is not very well explained at all the way Ezio's & Altair's were. It would help a lot if they had a lot more story-filler in there that explained Haytham's backstory to connect back a bit toward Ezio, how they got to Britain, and a lot more detail on why Haytham became a Templar whilst also showing Achilles educating Connor on the Brotherhood, etc. I think back to Ezio being trained by Mario and explaining everything about their family, the Assassins & Templars, etc. while training him to fight, and that whole piece of the puzzle for Connor is missing.
* Throughout the game, the storyline flow was terrible. The plot felt very scattered all over the place, and as someone else mentioned in this thread -- it felt a lot like Connor was just a pawn in other people's games, not doing his own thing to screw up the Templar plans, etc.

I think if the developers can head back to an AC2/ACB type game with more stealth, more Assassin / Templar involvement, and more freedom for the player to perform missions the way they want, that will definitely be a step in the right direction.

ProdiGurl
11-12-2012, 08:09 PM
IMO, it's quite mixed. I don't HATE Connor, but there are some major problems.

* Very little backstory as far as his transition into the Assassin Brotherhood. Achilles is very lightly explained, so for the most part for me, Connor's overall Assassin story is not very well explained at all the way Ezio's & Altair's were. It would help a lot if they had a lot more story-filler in there that explained Haytham's backstory to connect back a bit toward Ezio, how they got to Britain, and a lot more detail on why Haytham became a Templar whilst also showing Achilles educating Connor on the Brotherhood, etc. I think back to Ezio being trained by Mario and explaining everything about their family, the Assassins & Templars, etc. while training him to fight, and that whole piece of the puzzle for Connor is missing.
* Throughout the game, the storyline flow was terrible. The plot felt very scattered all over the place, and as someone else mentioned in this thread -- it felt a lot like Connor was just a pawn in other people's games, not doing his own thing to screw up the Templar plans, etc.

I think if the developers can head back to an AC2/ACB type game with more stealth, more Assassin / Templar involvement, and more freedom for the player to perform missions the way they want, that will definitely be a step in the right direction.

Sorry I almost lost my coffee when I read the last paragraph. Don't count on that with this split AC fan base & those with entitlement issues.
& even if they did like that, it would be something else they found wrong with it to focus on. I kinda gave up hope in devs being able to please everybody. Also, people were wanting devs to steer away from the Trilogy & more back to AC1.
If I were a dev reading fan feedback last year to this year, I'd want to do my own thing & use fan input alot less unless there was a strong majority in agreement.. :(

Anyways, there seem to be 2 things more absent in AC3; stronger character development (which Ezio had alot of) and a strong soundtrack to set mood / tone. By development, I don't mean they didn't introduce us well - they did, we played his young character. I just mean more personal story going on with him in relationships with others. Something you can bond with more on a personal level.
Better tutorials would help us too - we have new monetary & combat systems but fewer instructions. So there are some valid issues, but not enough to hurt anything for me.

I've been happy and content with all Ezio's Trilogy & AC3 & can't wait for the next one & I'll pre-order it again. :D
They all feel like AC & all of them had some weaker points but that's gaming. Outside bugs/glitches others have suffered from, I think AC3 is spectacular and a great investment for the money & I'm having a blast with it.

Dan Pen 97
11-12-2012, 08:28 PM
I think in the next game they do there needs to be a bit more missions. And side missions. And were the PEOPLE do come up to you insted of you going up to them !!.

Assemblent
11-13-2012, 01:36 AM
I just don't get humans. First, they criticize the game because it feels similar to the previous ones... Now they criticize because it's utterly different? lol. As much I love Ezio, thank god that I finally can play with a character I can relate to and not a joyful, graceful, playboy assassin.

I think that this game only suffered from the loss of Jesper Kyd...

nikd.
11-13-2012, 03:33 AM
personaly i like ezio since you see him change throughout his life. Going from the brash arrogant assassin (like connor at the end of the game) to being a true master assassin in control of every action taken in a battle (like altiar.) [spoiler removed]

TrueAssassin77
11-13-2012, 04:25 AM
Connor deserves a sequel...

He ended the game in his late Mid 20s for petes sake...

And honestly it'd be stupid that ubisoft spends years to make
A revolutionary tree climbing/running mechanic to use on one game

mashroot
11-13-2012, 04:27 AM

I enjoyed the game, but far less than any of the previous Assassin's Creed titles, and I'm certainly not a "hater", but some of the criticism is understandable. I really didn't get enough time with Connor to become invested in his character and I didn't really like, or dislike him very much at all. But with Achilles dead, I really don't care if this is Connor's only game. Connor's character story was amazing thanks in part to Achilles, but Connor lost some likeability points for being an ungrateful **** to him. I think that the the very slim amount of government evil and Templar conspiracy added greatly to the problem. I didn't feel like I was accomplishing much more than satisfying Connor's selfish goals, or being used by others like a tool. Please allow me to clarify that statement, what I mean is that while having some role to play in the war was okay, I wanted to see far more twisted government corruption and Templar conspiracy and have the story focus on a real villain, like Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood did with the Templars and the Borgia. But instead of giving us real villains, I felt like Connor was killing regular people that were just trying to shape the "new world" to fit their personal understanding of benevolence and Haytham even made a decent argument about keeping order to Connor, not that I agree with him. To me, it looks like UBI wants the Assassins to team up with the Templars to fight Juno. So, I think that they're trying to make the Templars look like misguided, but half decent people and not just with Haytham, but really driving it home that an Assassin like Lucy would up and join the Templars. While this story twist could work in the current day Assassin's story, I feel like it comes at the cost of the satisfaction of killing a heartless evil butcher of men, like I would have if, for example, the story took place sometime later in America's history and we killed the notorious General Custer, or something. I do think that picking the War of Independence was a big mistake, because in my opinion, they didn't do it right by focusing way too much on the actual war. For instance, Paul Revere's ride was pertinent to the war, but it didn't add anything to Connor's story. I don't think that they will get the French Revolution right either, and that does seem to be where they're taking us next, from one uprising to another. I'm not blaming Connor for the white washed politics, or the well-intentioned "enemies" in ACIII, I'm just saying that the lack of a strong evil to fight as Connor does hurt my ability to "connect" with him, and if UBI continues along this current path, then the next game will probably suffer from similar problems and I would hate to be forced to wait through more watered down games like this one, hoping to one day get another great Assassin's Creed game.

the_atm
11-13-2012, 04:29 AM
No more connor, the Ezio trilogy ruined it for Ezio in my opinion, by the end I hated him, I love connor, don't tarnish his good memory with 40 millino games about him. please Ubisoft.

Rankya_94
11-13-2012, 04:37 AM
No more connor, the Ezio trilogy ruined it for Ezio in my opinion, by the end I hated him, I love connor, don't tarnish his good memory with 40 millino games about him. please Ubisoft.
This is why I grew tired of Ezio, I was okay with him in Brotherhood but by Revelations I was just like "Meh...Can we have someone else?"

BATISTABUS
11-13-2012, 04:46 AM
*Potential Spoilers*

There were two characters in AC3 that stood above just about every other side character in the AC franchise; Haytham and Achilles. While both separately filled the role Al Mualim played in Altair's life, they were both unique, had a fantastic dynamic with Connor, and were very likable in their own ways. Like Connor, they were both flawed, had their own agendas, and changed a bit by the end of the story. Now that they're both dead, the thing I'm most concerned about for the next Connor game is who will replace them.

I would like to see the Founding Fathers more developed, as I felt that was one of the biggest let-downs with AC3. Some more important Native American figures would be nice as well.

TrueAssassin77
11-13-2012, 04:53 AM

Ezio got over used a bit. But connor needs one more game. He's story just doesn't seem complete

PurpleHaze1980
11-13-2012, 07:06 AM
I really did not like Connor, he had seemingly no personality and was sort of defined stereotypically by what you'd expect a Native American to be. By the end he started to seem less drone like, but by then he'd already ruined for me by the lack of likeability. I wouldn't want to play as him again.

A new ancestor would be more fitting. Shao Jun would be good to play with (MEN, Get your MINDS out of the gutter at that statement, please). Just anything other than Connor...I feel we've done all we can with him.

Makior
11-13-2012, 08:22 AM
I hated Connor honestly, he was very child like and hard to imagine as an assassin. I started to like him a little more when he had a harsh exchange of words with Washington towards the end of the game, but that's really one of the few times i liked Connor.

BATISTABUS
11-13-2012, 10:02 AM
...I feel we've done all we can with him.
Did you pay attention to the game? Do you know anything about early American history? There are a million things Connor could get involved with, and it can still be related back to defending his people.

Legendz54
11-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Very minor spoilers

I recall juno Saying " You have made an impact and will do so again" Or something across those lines to Connor.

PurpleHaze1980
11-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Did you pay attention to the game? Do you know anything about early American history? There are a million things Connor could get involved with, and it can still be related back to defending his people.

When I say "we've done all we can with him", I'm not referring to the possibilities of other stories for him, other events he may have been involved in through history. I'm speaking about the ending of the game (so yes, to answer your question, I did pay attention to the game). To have access to Connor, there needs to be a descendant in order to use the Animus, and right now, considering what happened, that's very unlikely (yes, William could take the helm, but I doubt he will).

I also feel, and this is my opinion, not everyone's, that Connor is pretty generic and a one-game-wonder (it pains me to say I preferred playing as Haytham).

With the ending of ACIII, it opens up a lot of new possibilities. There are a lot of different other types of character we can have now, there are so many different rich histories we can play in, and I think it'd be a great opportunity to move on with a new descendant and ancestor combo (although I'd like to see Rebecca and Shaun continue on with their work).

silvermercy
11-13-2012, 10:46 AM
I totally would love another Connor game! I connected more with him than any other assassin despite not liking the time period initially. Because playboy assassins are not better. Sorry. Maybe one reason I could not connect with Ezio.
To me Connor seemed to be smarter than all previous assassins, bolder and more determined.
I loved teen Connor and Haytham (he's one badass dude) but it's not fair that Connor had less sequences as an adult compared to all other games.
I don't get it when people complain about character development. To me it seemed quite fine and well-paced given the time constraints! I really loved Haytham too, but I think people liked him a lot because he was more polite and a typical Brit of the era. And more reminiscent of Ezio. (Here's an Ezio comparison again. See?)

So yeah, would totally love another game.

My suggestions would be:

-Definitely add some good romance there (with a happy ending preferably). Romance was missing in this game and it would make the story more complete. Even Haytham had his romance. LOL But then you have so many things to do in this game anyway. Romance could be the driving factor of another game. Maybe his love interest goes missing or is in danger? This way you make it PERSONAL (like in Ezio's case). Because right now it seems that some people could not "connect" with the notion of saving a village and his people. Since they are not personal enough for them. (Personally, I didn't have a problem connecting with that because I was already familiar with the Native way of thinking).

-Some more atmospheric music. I missed the music of previous games. I think that's what most agree with.

-Not another Revelations equivalent.

-Last but not least: make him crack a joke once in a while. Right now he seems moody and angry all the time. (Again, maybe some nice romance would mellow him? A bit at least. :p).

PS: Thank goodness I've found other places to chat. All this place seems to attract is trolls and whiners.
Overall, I loved this game the most. Of course there is always room for improvement. Besides, you can't please everybody.

pirate1802
11-13-2012, 02:08 PM
you can't please everybody.

Indeed.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-13-2012, 02:48 PM
-Last but not least: make him crack a joke once in a while. Right now he seems moody and angry all the time. (Again, maybe some nice romance would mellow him? A bit at least. :p).No offence but it's like you want them to transform him into another Ezio archetype clone. It's ok if a character is not cracking jokes and is not naturally funny. I know people that just don't have the talent to come up with jokes on demand yet can still be plenty of fun and are great people. And it's ok if there's no romance, having it just for the sake of it is pointless (see: Altair tower sex scene in AC2, 99% of Ezio romances).

pirate1802
11-13-2012, 03:19 PM
No offence but it's like you want them to transform him into another Ezio archetype clone. It's ok if a character is not cracking jokes and is not naturally funny. I know people that just don't have the talent to come up with jokes on demand yet can still be plenty of fun and are great people. And it's ok if there's no romance, having it just for the sake of it is pointless (see: Altair tower sex scene in AC2, 99% of Ezio romances).

Agreed. You don't need to make everyone a happy jovial guy. Sometimes it's not just in the character of that guy..

Bullet747
11-13-2012, 03:48 PM
I freaken loved Connor. Usually the stoic badass characters are also jerks but in Connors case he was a sincere driven individual locked in a futile but commendable battle against everything that is wrong with humanity.

Ezio didn't really seem happy about being an Assassin. With Connor I get the impression that he's right where he wants to be.

Deuely
11-23-2012, 06:00 AM
Yea, because a Native American assassin would make so much sense in 18th century France lol

pirate1802
11-23-2012, 06:47 AM
Yea, because a Native American assassin would make so much sense in 18th century France lol

Like an Italian Assassin made sense in 16th century Turkey?

BATISTABUS
11-23-2012, 07:10 AM
(1) When I say "we've done all we can with him", I'm not referring to the possibilities of other stories for him, other events he may have been involved in through history. I'm speaking about the ending of the game (so yes, to answer your question, I did pay attention to the game). (2) To have access to Connor, there needs to be a descendant in order to use the Animus, and right now, considering what happened, that's very unlikely (yes, William could take the helm, but I doubt he will).

(3)I also feel, and this is my opinion, not everyone's, that Connor is pretty generic and a one-game-wonder (it pains me to say I preferred playing as Haytham).

(4)I'd like to see Rebecca and Shaun continue on with their work.
(1)All of his targets assigned to him by Achilles have been dealt with, but the future of his people is still uncertain (at least to him). Since this was his primary driving force in becoming an Assassin, I think it's fair to say that he still has a lot of work to do.

(2)Yes, William is an option. Desmond not actually being dead is an option. The Abstergo agent (?) who took Desmond's Animus memory file is an option (I'd assume this is the most likely). Having a Connor game independent of the Animus is extremely unlikely, but still an option. Regardless, the powers that be have said that there's a definite possibility of Connor getting another game, so if they want to make it happen, they will.

(3) Although I strongly disagree (I think Connor is probably one of the most unique main characters in gaming...I'll explain this more in depth if you want me to), there's no shame in liking Haytham.

(4) You'd probably be a small minority in that. Most non-hardcore AC fans (people who will buy the main titles but aren't as into the lore as we are) detest the modern story line. If they don't even like Desmond, Ubisoft would have a tough time making Rebecca and Shaun appealing. I guess I wouldn't mind it personally, but I'm not sure these characters are strong enough to stand on their own as main characters.

Connor honestly wouldn't have any business being in France. He's not the revolution-igniter we all expected him to be, and I couldn't really see him being that involved in a conflict un-related to his people. Sorry French Revolution hopefuls, I think your boat has sailed...and has been sunk by the Aquila.

LoyalACFan
11-23-2012, 08:59 AM

It actually kinda did... Constantinople was the juncture of Europe and Asia, and there was actually a lot of cross-cultural interaction between Italians and Ottomans. Besides, it was a cool metaphor for Ezio and Altair's meeting.

psf22
11-23-2012, 09:53 AM
I like Connor. Wouldn't mind seeing more of him.

ace3001
11-23-2012, 09:54 AM
I liked Connor. But somehow, I still prefer Ezio over him, despite the fact that I don't want to see another Ezio game. Connor just lacked that charm Ezio had. He is more similar to Altair than Ezio.

Will_Lucky
11-23-2012, 10:28 AM

Yes....Constantinople was one of the trade hubs of the world and therefore it made perfect sense.

pirate1802
11-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Yes....Constantinople was one of the trade hubs of the world and therefore it made perfect sense.

Yes but he didn't go there as a part of a trade caravan did he? He went there because he conveniently discovered one of his father's old letters which led him to Masyaf. There he found a library whose keys were in Constantinople. I'm sure the writers can think up a similar reason for Connor to be in France, if they want to do it. Though I personally don't think they will go that way in the next AC, probably stay withing the American continent.

ace3001
11-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Yes but he didn't go there as a part of a trade caravan did he? He went there because he conveniently discovered one of his father's old letters which led him to Masyaf. There he found a library whose keys were in Constantinople. I'm sure the writers can think up a similar reason for Connor to be in France, if they want to do it. Though I personally don't think they will go that way in the next AC, probably stay withing the American continent.
But Connor isn't interested in anything related to the Assassin Order like Ezio was, though. The only reason he became an Assassin is because Juno tricked him into being one by saying it's necessary to save his people. If he finds something of the sort, he is just going to ignore it.
However, I'd like another Connor game, anyway. This one just wasn't enough to really get to know the man, unlike Assassin's Creed II, where that single game was enough to get to know Ezio. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I'd like to think that there is another side to Connor than just the "I'll kill the Templars and save my people" part.