PDA

View Full Version : Rope Beater

kraytore
11-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Not really sure if anyone has posted this yet, (found this out on accident about my 6th time fighting him) but by far the easiest way to beat him is:

-first off you will see barrels around the area where you fight at, locate them all before beginning the fight that way you don't run around like a tard like I did looking for them while fighting the guys.
-Anyways take out the other 3 guys by usual techniques first.
-When it's just you vs Rope beater then start backing up to the barrels that you should have located earlier, wait for him to strike and counter it and it will automatically throw him in to the barrel for you. If it doesn't work at first just work on the angle a bit and it should slam it in there for you. After he gets up just walk him to the next barrel and rinse and repeat.
(hopefully you get luck and it glitches on one or two barrels like it did for me and he was stuck on the ground for longer than usual, allowing me to get a few wacks on him before he gets back up)

Hope this helps you out and saves you from face raging like I did. Good hunting all and may your blade be deadly. :)

JakeP-UK
11-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Wow I should of tried that I was trying to figure out something for atleast 20 minutes. I ended up using the rope dart on him and just lowering him enough to punch him once ( still dont know how i was able to use the rope dart, i thought it was going to kill him)

FadedEcho
11-11-2012, 07:26 PM
There's also a table nearby that you can counter him into repeatedly, its in the small square beside the covered area ropebeater is in and makes the fight easy.

JCearlyyears
11-11-2012, 08:33 PM
I just used the tomahawk :P It tells you not to but I did it anyway.

WarriorAegis
11-11-2012, 08:49 PM

It works with weapons? SWEET. :D

JCearlyyears
11-11-2012, 09:02 PM
I don't know if I finished him off with the tomahawk, but I do remember cutting him to his last remainder of health,just to be safe you should finish him off without weapons.

BTHRZero
11-11-2012, 10:24 PM
You can use other weapons as long as the last hit is with the fist, Smoke Bombs work like a charm

superkootje
11-11-2012, 11:04 PM
http://static.autoblog.nl/images/wp2012/Badass_Hybrid.jpg

WarriorAegis
11-12-2012, 12:00 AM
^ lol! Xd

Blind2Society
11-12-2012, 04:09 AM
The low railing he's standing next to when you first see him works. Kick him over it, run to the other side and kick him over it again. Repeat until he's dead.

blacklimoband
11-12-2012, 08:15 AM
This guys was so dam frustrating.... I ended up shooting him 3 times (twice with French Coat Pistol, once with Pitcairn-Putnam Pistol) then kicked him over the table.... I guess you could say I did him "Putnam" style?

Death_Angel733
11-12-2012, 12:03 PM
I just used Smoke bombs then strangled him. He said something like "Smart" or "Didn't see that coming". I forgot you could throw them into destructible objects since I thought they were only for scripted events.

Wournos
11-12-2012, 02:34 PM
I tried smoke bomb. Didn't work for me. The table was much better!

Lupercus50
02-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Thanks OP for the information, I'd done every fight without resorting to weapons and was not going to start with this guy, oddly the least obvious one i figured out myself, the merchant, and the tourny was great, canned them all without a single desync, not bad for a first time.