PDA

View Full Version : Special Iron Ingots

HoIcon
11-11-2012, 03:24 PM
i've beaten the game 100% but there are still some special items left to craft and i can't find anymore special iron ingots, anybody know where i can get some more?

SeeknDestroy1318
11-11-2012, 04:09 PM
i've beaten the game 100% but there are still some special items left to craft and i can't find anymore special iron ingots, anybody know where i can get some more?

You don't find them, you need the recipe for the item you want to craft and the game gives you the ingot. That said however if you know the recipes of what you want to craft simply select the recipe of something you already crafted which will have the special iron ingot and then clear the other two items and replace them with whatever the recipe requires.

BBALive
11-11-2012, 04:21 PM
You don't find them, you need the recipe for the item you want to craft and the game gives you the ingot. That said however if you know the recipes of what you want to craft simply select the recipe of something you already crafted which will have the special iron ingot and then clear the other two items and replace them with whatever the recipe requires.

Special iron ingots can't be crafted.

OP, if you go behind the stables there should be a cliff, if you look around then there should be a little platform you can drop onto, on that platform there is a white crate. You can open the crate to get more special iron ingots (only once, it gives you enough to craft the rest of the items that require it).

HoIcon
11-11-2012, 04:26 PM

didn't work, anything else i could try?

HoIcon
11-11-2012, 04:52 PM

OP, if you go behind the stables there should be a cliff, if you look around then there should be a little platform you can drop onto, on that platform there is a white crate. You can open the crate to get more special iron ingots (only once, it gives you enough to craft the rest of the items that require it).

i actually already found that crate in sequence 9 while exploring, it gave me the recipe's for saddle bags, nothing else, no ingots

BBALive
11-11-2012, 05:21 PM
i actually already found that crate in sequence 9 while exploring, it gave me the recipe's for saddle bags, nothing else, no ingots

Go back to it.

That's very odd though, since I received the saddle recipe from a different chest. I don't believe the crate is even marked on the map.

SeeknDestroy1318
11-11-2012, 05:24 PM

^This, forget to mention that part

HoIcon
11-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Go back to it.

That's very odd though, since I received the saddle recipe from a different chest. I don't believe the crate is even marked on the map.

i went back to it but i can't open it again, can it be opened again?

BBALive
11-11-2012, 05:56 PM
i went back to it but i can't open it again, can it be opened again?

Just the once. Check your stockpile to see if you can buy any? I think you might have encountered a bug. Have you completed all of the Homestead missions?

HoIcon
11-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Just the once. Check your stockpile to see if you can buy any? I think you might have encountered a bug. Have you completed all of the Homestead missions?

i checked my stockpile, no ingots in there and yeah i've done all the homestead missions

kriegerdesgottes
11-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Yea I'm having this problem as well. Which stables? At the homestead?

HoIcon
11-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Yea I'm having this problem as well. Which stables? At the homestead?

hang off the cliff behind the homestead manor's stables and u should see the crate in the side of the cliff
let me know if you get special iron ingots, all i got were saddle bag recipe's

BBALive
11-11-2012, 06:50 PM
i checked my stockpile, no ingots in there and yeah i've done all the homestead missions

Seems to be a glitch. Report it in the glitch thread.

kriegerdesgottes
11-11-2012, 06:51 PM
hang off the cliff behind the homestead manor's stables and u should see the crate in the side of the cliff
let me know if you get special iron ingots, all i got were saddle bag recipe's

So I went there and found it but it doesn't give me the option to do anything with it. I don't know if I already got it and now I can't open it again or what but looks like I'm out of luck.

HoIcon
11-11-2012, 07:26 PM
it'd be good if they just updated it so you could craft special iron ingots, would save me a lot of trouble

Naberios
11-24-2012, 04:47 PM
it'd be good if they just updated it so you could craft special iron ingots, would save me a lot of trouble

I do like this game, but it seems to me that a lot of mechanics in this game were designed not to make the gameplay more enjoyable or interesting but instead to make it a pain in the *** for the players. I don't get it.

Baked_Cookies
11-24-2012, 05:04 PM
You can craft items go to a general store and go into your recipes. Also Im sure you know that you can also buy items such as ingots (not special ingots) from the people in your homestead. But those are the people you get your supplies from for the recipe you are crafting.

sqarlincarl
11-30-2012, 08:04 AM
I have the same problem can't remember where i got the first few from but when i was able to craft the weapons that required them i didn't have enough to finish crafting like abunch of weapons so i went on a search to find more then read about the crate behind the stables and was like hell yeah when it gave me more went back to the crafting menu to craft the rest only to find out i still didn't have enough to finish them all big dissapointment.Then i read that if you use all the ones it gives you the first time you could fast travel out the homestead then come back to the crate and it would allow you acces to it again wich is either BS or my game is glitching on that part would really love to know though cause it's preventing me from beating the game since i would love to have everything before hand ya know...So someone please help for real.Just recently wrote ubisoft about this waiting to hear back if i find an answer i will let ya know....

montagemik
11-30-2012, 09:01 AM
I have the same problem can't remember where i got the first few from but when i was able to craft the weapons that required them i didn't have enough to finish crafting like abunch of weapons so i went on a search to find more then read about the crate behind the stables and was like hell yeah when it gave me more went back to the crafting menu to craft the rest only to find out i still didn't have enough to finish them all big dissapointment.Then i read that if you use all the ones it gives you the first time you could fast travel out the homestead then come back to the crate and it would allow you acces to it again wich is either BS or my game is glitching on that part would really love to know though cause it's preventing me from beating the game since i would love to have everything before hand ya know...So someone please help for real.Just recently wrote ubisoft about this waiting to hear back if i find an answer i will let ya know....

Something weird in your game i think .
I Got 7 from Norris & 5 from the Crate on the cliff -------THAT was enough to craft everything that needed special ingots . (im on PS3)

psf22
11-30-2012, 11:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtlMfIN52uY

You're welcome

*If you have stocked ingot you can't replenish it just yet, has to be empty/used in order to replenish.

kriegerdesgottes
11-30-2012, 03:12 PM
It must be a glitch. My crate behind the stables is just there. I can't get anything from it.

eagleforlife1
11-30-2012, 04:13 PM
I can't even figure out how t craft haha.