PDA

View Full Version : PS3 - Video noise when playing all console AC titles.

Mister_Hipster
11-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Whenever I try playing Assassin's Creed games on PS3, I get video noise where there should be clean shadows. It usually happens when it is daytime in-game. Altair/Ezio/Connor's faces under the hoods (where their faces should be covered by the shadow of their hoods, you see 'specks' or 'dots' of video noise), Ezio un-gloved hand, on buildings, etc. In short, many shadows that should be clean appear as dark video noise. I just want to know if this is normal in AC games. I use HDMI which I set at 720p (my TV can go till 1080p) since most games are native to that mode.

scotland124
11-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Whenever I try playing Assassin's Creed games on PS3, I get video noise where there should be clean shadows. It usually happens when it is daytime in-game. Altair/Ezio/Connor's faces under the hoods (where their faces should be covered by the shadow of their hoods, you see 'specks' or 'dots' of video noise), Ezio un-gloved hand, on buildings, etc. In short, many shadows that should be clean appear as dark video noise. I just want to know if this is normal in AC games. I use HDMI which I set at 720p (my TV can go till 1080p) since most games are native to that mode.

I don't think it happens to me on previous titles, but on Assassin's creed 3 it isn't video noise it's a really
bad shadow dithering effect they decided to use which makes the shadows look very grainy, I doubt they will fix this.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Please ensure you post this here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720981-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Bugs-and-Issues-Thread-*Possible-Spoilers*

You can also contact Technical Support, the link is in my signature.