PDA

View Full Version : Add an option to scare children.

Death_Angel733
11-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Tired of those annoying, repetitive laughter? How about the crappy tricks? Seriously, I doubt there are normal children who laughs like that. HE HUE HUE HUE HUE, TADA!

So far there are only 3 options:
1. Traumatized them (No, not beating them up) by killing a guard in front of them so brutal that they'll be traumatized for life.
2. Planting a trip mine and shooting it with a pistol around them. They won't die, rather they will disappear for 2 seconds then loaded into the map again by the Animus.
3. Throw money to attract everyone to your area.

All 3 above will attract a Guard's attention.

I only want a simple "Boo" option. What it does is Connor will say/impersonate something to scare them. Something like "I eat children for breakfast", "I am boogieman". You get the point.

ProdiGurl
11-11-2012, 01:40 PM
This makes me LOL! :p ;)
What makes me furious is that when I get too close to someone, they shove me really hard and I can't retaliate. I just have to take it & walk away silently.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Please let me kick them & feel vindicated.

Powawolf
11-11-2012, 04:12 PM
They are like the Beggers from the pervious games.
I'm in doubt they will add an option.

pirate1802
11-11-2012, 04:28 PM
The problem is, you could always punch the beggars. I made it a point to punch every lunatic i saw in AC 1 to oblivion. But you can't do any such thing to these annoying kids?

:(

pirate1802
11-11-2012, 04:29 PM
1. Traumatized them (No, not beating them up) by killing a guard in front of them so brutal that they'll be traumatized for life..

I like this option. Should teach those buggers a lesson.

Powawolf
11-11-2012, 04:29 PM
The problem is, you could always punch the beggars. I made it a point to punch every lunatic i saw in AC 1 to oblivion. But you can't do any such thing to these annoying kids?

:(
Connor isn't THAT cruel..

DarkDreamer95
11-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Those kids annoy the living daylights out of me. Stop with the laughing xD So yeah, I'd love to scare them xD

AllThatJuice
11-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Should have the option to feed them poison candy

Chocoburger
11-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Yeah they annoy everyone! "TADA!" Why "TADA" what special feat have they accomplished? Nothing!

But I hope you don't actually expect them to add gameplay mechanics now, it's too late for that.

Kaimooo
11-11-2012, 05:55 PM
I once was getting bothered by these kids so I just stood still and by surprise a guard that passed by gave them a sign to leave me alone.
I'm suprised by the amount of detail that is in this game, like when blending between two fisherman you go sit down at the docks, or sitting on a fence, or pretending to pick your evening meal when blending at the market.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-11-2012, 08:18 PM
LOL those children are annoying.

TlNSTAAFL
11-11-2012, 08:20 PM
A scare option would get the guards attention, I'd think. But atleast it wouldn't cause a scene like that with throwing money. Which technically is how you're supposed to get them to leave you alone. This idea is brilliant. Thanks for suggesting it. =D

Mr_Shade
11-11-2012, 08:30 PM
LOL those children are annoying.
It's the reason I have cats instead...

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 08:34 PM
You traded your Children for Cats ?:eek:

LoyalACFan
11-11-2012, 08:37 PM
I never thought I'd miss the minstrels... But these kids are just so freaking annoying... If they actually had some throwaway dialogue, it wouldn't be bad, but that laugh sounds like something out of a bad horror movie.

austin128
11-11-2012, 09:57 PM
How about a "spank" option? Connor puts one over his knee and spanks the crap outta one (the last spank could be in slow-motion HAHAHA!!!). It would make all the others run away lol

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-11-2012, 09:58 PM

Me too ;) however other people's kids you can give back :)

How about a "spank" option? Connor puts one over his knee and spanks the crap outta one (the last spank could be in slow-motion HAHAHA!!!). It would make all the others run away lol

May end up with Child Protection officers coming after Connor lol

austin128
11-11-2012, 10:08 PM
May end up with Child Protection officers coming after Connor lol

Haha naw not in the 1700's. The parents would probably take turns lol!

ACfan443
11-11-2012, 10:25 PM

Hahahahaha! I just got that image in my head, slow motion finishing spank move.

I always wanted the option to kill children, but people went all moral speech on my a**

austin128
11-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Hahahahaha! I just got that image in my head, slow motion finishing spank move.

I always wanted the option to kill children, but people went all moral speech on my a**

Haha oh yeah and Connor would have his mouth open in rage like in the final killing-move!

And yeah, but they'd get on Ubi's butt mostly lol

pacmanate
11-11-2012, 10:36 PM
They should at least let us kick them

austin128
11-11-2012, 10:36 PM

Pffff lol

Wise Soviet
11-11-2012, 10:58 PM
You can't kill a kid.
And George Washington.

BATISTABUS
11-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Lmao! Yeah, there should be a nice option to do to random NPCs (say hellow, compliment them) and a mean option (insult, scare children in this case, yell at dogs, etc.).

austin128
11-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Lmao! Yeah, there should be a nice option to do to random NPCs (say hellow, compliment them) and a mean option (insult, scare children in this case, yell at dogs, etc.).

Hey man, killing orphans is one thing, but yelling at dogs? You monster.
;)

LieutenantJojo
11-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Oh please, yes! Those kids annoy me sooooooo much! They're more annoying than the beggars and minstrels from previous games, imo, and that really means something.

Punching or killing them is wrong on so many levels, but I'd be all for scaring them!

ProdiGurl
11-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Ubi should offer DLC just on assassinating those kids any way you want lol

zhengyingli
11-12-2012, 01:13 AM
Oh please, yes! Those kids annoy me sooooooo much! They're more annoying than the beggars and minstrels from previous games, imo,

At least the kids don't throw rocks at you while climbing.

Death_Angel733
11-12-2012, 05:51 AM
I once got trapped in a corner by 3 kids. They're pretty hard to move, like a stationary object. there is no climbable structure and I ran out of Trip-Mines and my horse can't reach me so I can refill. I just fast traveled away. I'm too cheap even with 100k of money to give 10 euros.

Oh, and we can't kill them. Ubisoft will get sued. Still, they're better since they don't push you around or throw rocks while climbing.

AegisVertigo
11-12-2012, 05:57 AM
At least the kids don't throw rocks at you while climbing.
This. That pissed me off so much in AC1. It became my mission to mess up any beggar who threw rocks at me.

StarzSuicide
11-12-2012, 06:16 AM
I like to find a random woman pretend it's their mom, then shoot her point blank in the face an then chase the kids around while I carry the body....... And if I feel that isn't effective, I lay a tripwire down then throw down coins and let the citizens an guards rush in and get Obliterated.

But you know your idea was cool too.

Oh and a musket does wOneetsu for the dogs... Old Yeller style

LoyalACFan
11-12-2012, 06:26 AM
I like to find a random woman pretend it's their mom, then shoot her point blank in the face an then chase the kids around while I carry the body....... And if I feel that isn't effective, I lay a tripwire down then throw down coins and let the citizens an guards rush in and get Obliterated.

But you know your idea was cool too.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000568013/polls_messedup_2703_181123_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

austin128
11-12-2012, 06:29 AM
This. That pissed me off so much in AC1. It became my mission to mess up any beggar who threw rocks at me.

Thirded.

Black_Widow9
11-12-2012, 06:38 AM
Me too ;) however other people's kids you can give back :)
This.

Lmao

Last night I was wondering if anyone else thought they were as obnoxious as I did. lol

kudos17
11-12-2012, 06:41 AM
They should just let us eat 'em alive. If you're gonna go crazy, might as well go all the way.

austin128
11-12-2012, 06:42 AM
they should just let us eat 'em alive. If you're gonna go crazy, might as well go all the way.

baa-haha!!

PurpleHaze1980
11-12-2012, 06:47 AM
The kids are SUCH a pain in the arse. Seriously. They make these stupid noises, like they're laughing at something unbelievable that just occurred. "Oh...ho hooo!" what the hell?!

I realise they're orphans and I should feel sorry for them, but they serve no purpose. They aren't even that 'challenging' to be rid of in the street, they aren't entertaining (at least the minstrel's songs were a hoot), and the only word they seem to know is "tada" (as in 'tada! we're annoying you enough to post on a forum about!'). I vote children be banned from any future games. Has anyone also noticed the lack of female children? Disturbing.

austin128
11-12-2012, 07:08 AM
Has anyone also noticed the lack of female children? Disturbing.

Female children didn't exist in the 1700's. Basic history, man.

lol

DarkDreamer95
11-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Lol. No seriously, give us an option to scare them, or PUNCH them in their little bnoxious faces. xD I also like the slo-mo spanking :cool:

Sickull
11-12-2012, 01:18 PM
In comparison to the crazy guy who pushes you from AC 1 or the lute players from the Ezio games the kids aren't that annoying but scaring them would be a funny option.

Death_Angel733
11-12-2012, 02:07 PM
In comparison to the crazy guy who pushes you from AC 1 or the lute players from the Ezio games the kids aren't that annoying but scaring them would be a funny option.

The lute players are actually entertaining. If you don't like them you can push them and drop their lutes then they'll run away.

The nice thing about the guards is they'll actually scold the children if they saw you being bothered. Compared to the previous games, the guards were actually friendly soldiers doing their jobs. Unlike the guards in the Renaissance who harass or pushes you. Makes you consider if you want to go on a killing spree again.

Aphex_Tim
11-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I never understood why in video games it's always okay to kill adults, no big deal apparently, but to kill children, ooh no, you'll go to hell for that!

Aphex_Tim
11-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Compared to the previous games, the guards were actually friendly soldiers doing their jobs.

Yeah, they're very friendly. Especially when they decide you running through the streets is big enough of an offense to chase you around the entire city, trying to murder you while you were not even notorious.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, i meant to edit my first one.

pacmanate
11-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Yeah, they're very friendly. Especially when they decide you running through the streets is big enough of an offense to chase you around the entire city, trying to murder you while you were not even notorious.

I blame the dogs!

PurpleHaze1980
11-17-2012, 02:14 AM
Female children didn't exist in the 1700's. Basic history, man.

lol

Sorry I must have missed that history lesson. True story: my History teacher used to go into his supplies closet for huge stretches of the period. He'd come out smelling of whisky. Needless to say...didn't learn much other than how to have a cheeky dram in secret during class.

psf22
11-17-2012, 02:55 AM
Scare yes

austin128
11-17-2012, 03:34 AM
Sorry I must have missed that history lesson. True story: my History teacher used to go into his supplies closet for huge stretches of the period. He'd come out smelling of whisky. Needless to say...didn't learn much other than how to have a cheeky dram in secret during class.

Haha oh man! Did he give everyone in the class good grades?

PurpleHaze1980
11-17-2012, 04:15 AM
Haha oh man! Did he give everyone in the class good grades?

No. He'd built his tolerance to alcohol up WAY too far by then so he didn't get drunk enough for that. *sadface*.

Sidizen
11-17-2012, 05:10 AM
And the only way to get them away from you is to give them money, are you freakin s**tin me!

TwoDents
11-17-2012, 05:20 AM
I never understood why in video games it's always okay to kill adults, no big deal apparently, but to kill children, ooh no, you'll go to hell for that!

Especially Skyrim. The kids on there you obviously can't kill, and they are extremely annoying and bossy.

Good thing I can mod it on the PC. Heh heh, good times calling down dragons to scorch them...

BATISTABUS
11-17-2012, 10:46 AM
At least in the past games if civilians pissed you off, you could beat the crap out of them. We need a venting outlet! ;)

TwoDents
11-17-2012, 10:50 AM
At least in the past games if civilians pissed you off, you could beat the crap out of them. We need a venting outlet! ;)

My venting outlet are rooftop guards. They are so satisfying to throw off roofs onto unsuspecting patrols. Especially since they end up in weird contorted positions.

ProdiGurl
11-17-2012, 04:27 PM

I totally agree. Just yesterday I was checking to see if any of my secondary weapon/hunting stuff might be useable on those kids.
Someone else shoved me really hard & I had to just stand there like an idiot and then walk away. AC is supposed to help us with pent up aggression issues lol

My venting outlet are rooftop guards. They are so satisfying to throw off roofs onto unsuspecting patrols. Especially since they end up in weird contorted positions.

LOL. Ya and some of them looked pretty obscene sometimes when they fell on each other in strange positions :nonchalance:

Khaos7712
11-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Personally I'd like to stick my hidden blade in their eye. At least you could kill the annoying people in the other games.

WarriorAegis
11-17-2012, 07:03 PM
Orphans don't really bug me. I just run or fast walk out of the way. *shrug*

Also, I'm afraid for some of you who might have children and how you might treat them. o.o

pirate1802
11-17-2012, 07:06 PM

lolmao

C0smodictator
11-17-2012, 07:23 PM
I love your post xD

CalgaryJay
11-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Haha ya, the person I always want to hit the most is the adult (sometimes man, sometimes woman) who does that contented chuckle whenever the kids start harassing you. Who finds that funny??

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 09:18 PM
I`d be rather interested to see how some of you treat your kids..

mhg87
11-17-2012, 09:29 PM
The kids act more ******ed than the ******ed guys in the first game.

/Inbf4 Pc Police

BATISTABUS
11-17-2012, 09:45 PM
For me, the roof-top guards are even more annoying! I can't even be up there for two seconds without a yellow triangle and three dudes screaming at me. What the hell are they even doing up there anyway? xD

LoyalACFan
11-17-2012, 10:32 PM
For me, the roof-top guards are even more annoying! I can't even be up there for two seconds without a yellow triangle and three dudes screaming at me. What the hell are they even doing up there anyway? xD

Yeah, the rooftops are no fun in this game :/

AdmiralCole
11-18-2012, 12:00 AM
I find the children annoying as well.
Scaring is the best way to go.
Killing them will get Ubi in trouble. At least this is something people would normally do to annoying kids who aren't theirs.

dewgel
11-18-2012, 12:07 AM
To get rid of the kids just throw some coins. It gets rid of them

Katie0391
11-18-2012, 12:25 AM
I would love an option to scare them, make them run away screaming. The laughter is so annoying ._. The slow-mo spanking idea sounds hilarious

It's a shame I can't beat them with heavy weapons, like I used to do with minstrels and beggars :(