PDA

View Full Version : Hancock-Clarke House

bassoonalex
11-11-2012, 04:19 AM
I am enjoying watching my other half play Assassin's Creed 3, but I had one complaint that I wanted to voice. As someone who grew up in Lexington, Massachusetts, I thought it strange you decided to place the Hancock-Clarke house in Boston, rather than in Lexington, despite the fact that it is a 5 minute walk from Buckman Tavern which is also in the game. I do appreciate the need to suspend disbelief this situation, but I just wanted to voice my concern, especially as this is supposed to be a historically period piece. I would like to add that while the Hancock-Clarke house is not in an accurate place, you managed to put my friend's house, which is next door to Buckman Tavern in its historically accurate spot, the Belfry is seemingly next to her house, which is not so accurate.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-11-2012, 04:56 AM
I think it's funny why they didn't put in Philadelphia, seeming how that's a major part of the Revolutionary war. Another thing I'd like to say. The Americans, didn't own Boston until the end of the war. So giving them Boston in the Beginning made no sense at all.

Staple-Tape
11-11-2012, 04:58 AM
I think it's funny why they didn't put in Philadelphia, seeming how that's a major part of the Revolutionary war. Another thing I'd like to say. The Americans, didn't own Boston until the end of the war. So giving them Boston in the Beginning made no sense at all.

They had a good reason for not adding Philadelphia. Back then, Phily was too linear and "Organized." Basically, all the building were in rows and columns. They said it wouldn't make for interesting gameplay.

bassoonalex
11-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I wondered that too. But it really irked me that they put two taverns pretty much next to each other, when they're farther apart then a building they moved into another town completely.

KevoWalker
05-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Where is hancock- Clarke house located in Boston?

shop5107FB585
05-05-2013, 07:38 AM
They had a good reason for not adding Philadelphia. Back then, Phily was too linear and "Organized." Basically, all the building were in rows and columns. They said it wouldn't make for interesting gameplay.

Yet if you look at the map of Kingston in 1715 in which Black Flag is partly set, it is more linear than the Philadelphia map from 1776ish

Assassin_M
05-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Yet if you look at the map of Kingston in 1715 in which Black Flag is partly set, it is more linear than the Philadelphia map from 1776ish
Nice map....it`s invisible, though

Rugterwyper32
05-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Philadelphia:

http://www.history-map.com/picture/004/pictures/Philadelphia-1776-in.jpg

Kingston:

http://www.oldtowns.co.uk/Mapshop-Decorative/Jamaica-Kingston-MichaelHay-1738.jpg

Man how I'd have loved Philadelphia. I'm still holding onto hope that we'll either have a short Connor spinoff that has it, or if they so desired a game set in the American Civil War which has Philly as one of the cities in it. I hold a certain love for that city for personal reasons, and I've traveled there during December of the last two years and will do so again this year. And it would just be great, y'know. Design certainly doesn't look like a strict grid.

SaintPerkele
05-05-2013, 07:48 PM
I think the problem about Philadelphia wasn't it's linear organisation (after all, New York consists mostly of a linear grid too), but it's broad street that made the free-running and climbing basically impossible to pull off. Kingston's roads however are pretty narrow, so it should work quite well.

I'd really like to see more of Kingston though, the short gameplay footage looked pretty boring to be honest.