PDA

View Full Version : Battles & George Washington..[SPOILERS]

dewgel
11-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Okay bubs, did anyone else think that George Washington's appearance was somewhat, minor? I thought Connor was described as a close ally and friend to him? If anything, we had a Sequence where we saved his life, and then we quickly spoke to him, helped his troops down the road and then got back and Connor hates him.

There was very little Washington.

Also, Battles. The only real battle was the Bunker Hill, but I mean, that was nowhere near what it was portrayed to be in all the trailers and previews..The engine was designed to hold 2000 NPCs, but all those 2000 NPCs done in that battle were shoot in a very ordely formation, they didn't really animate at all.. Basically just the same as the Brotherhood Villa Attack lol
=\

Anyone?

TheHumanTowel
11-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Yeah I'm remember them saying Connor was a close friend of Washington. Connor barely knew Washington in the game. He has like three conversations with him and they're anything but comfortable and friendly with each other. Washington was hyped too much.

dewgel
11-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah I'm remember them saying Connor was a close friend of Washington. Connor barely knew Washington in the game. He has like three conversations with him and they're anything but comfortable and friendly with each other. Washington was hyped too much.

The E3 trailer made it look like Washington spotted Connor, and realised his potential and how he would be a great ally. Washington's character in the game was also very weak feeling. I was expecting him to be really dramatic and a great leader. I'm betting they toned it all down because of the whole "anti-British" thing that was going on =\

TheHumanTowel
11-10-2012, 10:30 PM
The E3 trailer made it look like Washington spotted Connor, and realised his potential and how he would be a great ally. Washington's character in the game was also very weak feeling. I was expecting him to be really dramatic and a great leader. I'm betting they toned it all down because of the whole "anti-British" thing that was going on =\
Yeah Washington was a pretty weak character. I think that might have been done on purpose though to show that the colonists weren't the type of people who would help Connor and to give credibility to Haytham's argument that Washington should be replaced.

Marketing was really misleading though.

dewgel
11-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Yeah Washington was a pretty weak character. I think that might have been done on purpose though to show that the colonists weren't the type of people who would help Connor and to give credibility to Haytham's argument that Washington should be replaced.

Marketing was really misleading though.

Very true.

Also, on the same topic, am I going crazy or are there a few things missing from the game that were promised? They said there'd be frozen lakes in the Frontier opening access up to previously closed areas, and there's a mission from the Gameplay trailer where Connor finds a redcoat with a note on his body, and a bear attacks him?

TheHumanTowel
11-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Very true.

Also, on the same topic, am I going crazy or are there a few things missing from the game that were promised? They said there'd be frozen lakes in the Frontier opening access up to previously closed areas, and there's a mission from the Gameplay trailer where Connor finds a redcoat with a note on his body, and a bear attacks him?
I thought that too but I never did enough exploring while it was snowy to find out if there were new paths unlocked. I never saw a frozen lake though. A lot of stuff did get cut. Remember that screenshot of Connor in a canoe? That mission might have been made just for that trailer. Like how the Frontier demo had a mission just for it.

Kaschra
11-10-2012, 10:43 PM
I thought Connor and Washington would be friends or at least close allies, but nope. They barely knew each other.
Also, Washington seriously lacked a personality. He was a really weak and boring character. He was just... there :/

Didn't Connor kill Silas Thatcher in one of the demos? I guess this demo was purely made for the audience, so they did not need to spoil Haytham being a playable character.
And I haven't seen any frozen lakes, too.

dewgel
11-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Basically, I've been reading therough the GameInformer stuff and it's amazing how much stuff feels different to what they described.

Great game though, I'm not nocking it.

AT ONE SIR
11-10-2012, 11:55 PM
i rode the horse on a frozen river during the game if I recall, but don't remember access to special areas.

Unless you count the rock I got stuck INSIDE of when swimming near the waterfall, or the glitch where you go THROUGH the cliffs and are basically looking at the world from under it. then you fall to infinity and after many seconds, desync and start over. Fun times!.

JakeP-UK
11-11-2012, 12:30 AM
They showed so many things in trailers that weren't in games, like what Im dissapointed about is you cant assassinate anyone that is on a horse with a tomahawk, even if you equip it and assassinate them he just jumps on the horse behind him and uses the hidden blades, and how in a few trailers, connor was assassinating people while been spotted and in open conflict

Caeser_of_Rome
11-11-2012, 01:17 AM
I posted about this and was trolled saying "I didn't explore the whole frontier because I didn't find a little cave" Point being, they lied to get sales up. Maybe in upcoming updates or DLC they will put something in. I found it awkward, why the Limited Edition comes with G.W handbook, and U.S flag, but you Hardly help out G.W or the Blues. I was Also told you're not alies with the Americans. This I fiqured was major ********. Anyways, there are no Battles, there are no G.W missions, until the G.W DLC hopefully.