PDA

View Full Version : Are Jumping Controls Better On 3.

Martythemerc
11-10-2012, 10:04 PM
I had a real problem with AC2 and gave up, and wonder if it's improved in AC3? I really don't want to waste money on that again. I didn't play # 1, but decided to give #2 a try, and stupidly got hung up on the church roof timed jumping. I kept flipping backwards and sideways. Tried about 20 times and thought "I'm wasting my time doing what should be a simple thing.

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 10:29 PM
I would have to say yes. Alot of the tedious stuff was streamlined w/ new controlling and I prefer it. You aren't manually having to control your every move even in climbing.
Some prefer that but I never did. :)

S-EVANS
11-10-2012, 10:35 PM
I think its too easy and straight forward now, so much so your character actually runs and jumps onto and over things you have zero intention of making him do. even running at doors now makes the idiot start climbing. not to mention removing the overall fear of falling and making a mistake you no longer have to think its become a mindless run from A to B scenario.

Martythemerc
11-10-2012, 10:45 PM
I think its too easy and straight forward now, so much so your character actually runs and jumps onto and over things you have zero intention of making him do. even running at doors now makes the idiot start climbing. not to mention removing the overall fear of falling and making a mistake you no longer have to think its become a mindless run from A to B scenario.

Thanks, but don't get me wrong - I do like challenges, but hate useless controls trying to do simple things. Like RDR, you hit X to indicate you want to jump, then toggle up to complete the jump on the roof. AC2 was frustrating. I might give # 3 a go, but will continue to read up user comments to see if it really lives up to the hype. I like the graphics, and being a history buff - does look interesting, but I don't want stupid controls to do simple things.

WarriorAegis
11-10-2012, 10:53 PM
I would say they're a little better. Sometimes, you still jump in the wrong direction, but man, they are better than the previous ACs.

Death_Angel733
11-11-2012, 05:05 AM
I think it's better. Back in AC2 if you want to Climb-Leap you might end up doing a Back Eject and fall to your death. The only thing I hate is they incorporated the High-Profile Button into the Sprint and Free-run buttons. It'll take time to get use to.

ProdiGurl
11-11-2012, 12:24 PM

What you're talking about is a simple TWEAK that they need to perform in the next game and even I brought it up on my semi-review in the pinned feedback threat. It's a valid issue.
I'm sorry you aren't afraid to fall now (and you can fall if you're being shot at while climbing). I personally don't give a crap if I don't fall while I climb.
It got wayyyyy too tedious and my fingers hurt from the massive controlling of my every move in AC2-ACB. Thankfully they put some attn. onto that in ACR giving Ezio a handy dandy hookblade for faster climbing w/ less falling when your poor fingers are sore & worn out. lol
I really do wonder how AC is such a favorite of yours when the majority of your posts is chronic attack of it all. But whatever.

ProdiGurl
11-11-2012, 12:29 PM
I think it's better. Back in AC2 if you want to Climb-Leap you might end up doing a Back Eject and fall to your death. The only thing I hate is they incorporated the High-Profile Button into the Sprint and Free-run buttons. It'll take time to get use to.

That happened to me too many times to count lol (side jumps too)
My main problem was the finger fatigue. It made me make alot of mistakes & do-overs. I much prefer my challenges to be mission based, not how I maneuver myself over every surface.

S-EVANS
11-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Part of the overall complaint I have is that the game is made rather straight forward now and its this fact that makes it boring. For example whilst of course some will claim its better being simple I have found this version of the game simply becomes run from AtoB with no regard for anything. The best way I can explain this is climbing has become so easy that you can run along the rooftops with such ease you don't have any regard or need to stop for the guards who are up there.

You don't have to take into consideration fighting with them and its so easy to recover from a chase due to how easy your character now free runs. another way of explaining what i mean about the falling aspect in this version of assassin creed you can survive in the air away from most obstacles due to the fact it is so easy. up high is less danger and fastest form of travel there is, this makes it the primary choice and also makes the gameplay boring in effect.

So yes your fingers may be having a whale of a time, but its at a cost... And that cost is what causes my disappointing feedback, on what i consider my favorite game

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 03:20 PM
I'll have to agree with S-EVANS on this one. The only thing I'm doing is holding the trigger and the game takes care of it. I'd rather like to press 'A' to jump from one obstacle to another. Swing my stick while going from branch to branch, whilst a tree trunk is in my way. I also don't get why they've removed the 'press 'A' to jump while climbing so that you can get up faster move' .. and they've removed the 'press 'B' to hold on to something while falling down as well.'

ProdiGurl
11-11-2012, 03:56 PM
hmmm, I do have to press "A" while climbing some things... ? I totally appreciate that we don't have to micro-manage every move up in those trees too. What a grueling task that would end up being.
I can't help it, I'd rather focus more on missions & my task than not falling everywhere. :) This isn't 'perfect', but it stops alot of the monotony I felt in previous games.

WarriorAegis
11-11-2012, 03:58 PM
... and they've removed the 'press 'B' to hold on to something while falling down as well.'

No they haven't. I've dropped and then grabbed something when falling down and Connor would grab a ledge.

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 04:09 PM
hmmm, I do have to press "A" while climbing some things... ? I totally appreciate that we don't have to micro-manage every move up in those trees too. What a grueling task that would end up being.
I can't help it, I'd rather focus more on missions & my task than not falling everywhere. :) This isn't 'perfect', but it stops alot of the monotony I felt in previous games.

Let's take trees as an example. If your jumping from one branch to another, the only thing you'll have to do is hold the trigger.

The other thing I meant was while climbing previously, it was possible to press 'A' so that Ezio would jump while climbing and I.E. skip a window. If you had to climb tall buildings, this would be faster. In Brotherhood and Revelations there even were buildings on which you HAD TO do this, otherwise you couldn't even go on climbing it.

No they haven't. I've dropped and then grabbed something when falling down and Connor would grab a ledge.

Everytime I try to do this he won't hold on to something. I also tried to do it while jumping across the street. I noticed Connor would not make it to the roof, so I decided to press 'B' so that he would hold on to a window or whatever, but I always fail.