PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 was a good thing but Ubisoft kept it from being great

grimes91
11-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Assassins creed 3 is a good game and is very fun to play but I cant help but feel ubisoft kept it from being as good as it could have been. Through the game I recognized obvious bugs that while not interferring with gameplay (minus some glicthes such as not being able to help the man tied to the rock on homestead), they made the game feel unpolished and made me wonder why they werent fixed before the game released. Such bugs as your horse getting stuck on nothing, connor getting stuck on nothing, cutscenes in which connors hands and feet would pass through solid objects and the list goes on. I mean it would be understandable if they were few and inbetween but when I see connors hands going through objects in cutscenes it gets a tad ridiculous. Also, during times Connor was injured or bloody it would appear in cutscene and then when you play he would be perfectly fine and then when the cut scene starts he again would be bloody. (This occured during end of Connors story)

I also couldnt help but feel that both connors and desmonds stories felt cut and paste. As soon as it started to get climatic a cut scene would happen and you would appear at the homestead or in the middle of town with the next mission waiting for you to start. (SPOILER) Example: When you have the ships attack the outerwall and make a distraction for Connor to find Lee. i expetced it to be very climatic and all I had to do was climb a tower and press B and watch as cut scene after cut scene until you fight your father. This also appeared at the end of connors story with the slow walking and then sitting at a table and stabbing in cut scene. While this could have been a good resolution IF followed by any climatic in the story but it was only followed by a chase scene.

It just seems that despite the three years they worked on the game that if they would have spent more time fixing the bugs and making connors story less choppy that the game would have been more enjoyable. Of course, this is my opinion and the game is still very entertaining.