PDA

View Full Version : A few bugs

Du Marwolaeth
11-10-2012, 08:34 PM
1. After playing AC3 for a while now. First main mission with Desmond I noticed a huge hump on the middle left side of his back.

2. After playing any Navel mission, I come back to the Homestead but with no arrows, bait, or traps.

3. Fast travel will not show up in Monmouth, even after 30+ mins of searching for after getting the pop up about fast traveling.

4. Some missions don't activate after talking to the mission giver.

Anyone else getting these bugs or seeing the hump on Desmond's back?

*Playing on Xbox, and I have reinstalled the game twice now.*

Gianavel
11-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Sure it's a hump and not his hood?

Du Marwolaeth
11-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Lol, yes I'm sure. I stared at it for a good 5 mins trying to figure where it came from.

LightRey
11-11-2012, 12:40 AM
1. that's his bag.
2. that's not a bug, you need to craft the pouches to keep them.
3. that is a bug, sadly, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
4. I've only noticed this with one delivery mission and I'm pretty sure I've played and finished all other missions.

Du Marwolaeth
11-11-2012, 02:03 AM
I'll get a pic of his hump up. Cause that's not his bag.

I have all pouches.

Du Marwolaeth
11-11-2012, 02:18 AM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-h4c3gf1MIqw/UJ78EfrLClI/AAAAAAAAADE/eUo--3jy920/s607/.jpg

I wasn't kidding.

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 02:22 AM
He's right about the hump, I've noticed it too. It's even coming through his bag!
Someone else mentioned the following: they were too lazy to redesign Desmond, have maybe taken his previous renders (one with a bag). The bag has become white and on top of the old render they've put this new bag, therefore Desmond has this hump and it's coming out of his bag. Could be right if you ask me.

Du Marwolaeth
11-11-2012, 02:29 AM
Maybe, but now there is proof of it!

Black_Widow9
11-11-2012, 05:57 AM
http://youtu.be/OaTO8_KNcuo

Sorry I couldn't help it. lol

Please make sure you contact Ubisoft Support and let them know of any issues you are having.
http://support.ubisoft.com/

Du Marwolaeth
11-11-2012, 06:50 AM
LOL! I haven't seen that movie in years.

De Filosoof
11-11-2012, 01:17 PM
1. that's his bag.

You really think he's that stupid?...

I have the same problem with the big hump on Desmond's back so you're not the only one.
I think very few people are experiencing this bug because i don't hear/see people talking about it a lot.

Dan Pen 97
11-11-2012, 01:38 PM
You really think he's that stupid?...

I have the same problem with the big hump on Desmond's back so you're not the only one.
I think very few people are experiencing this bug because i don't hear/see people talking about it a lot.

When i go on my game later i'll start a new game to see if i have got it.

freddie_1897
11-11-2012, 01:40 PM
desmond has got one hell of a growth on his back

Dan Pen 97
11-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Is this still there then will it be on my game?

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 02:45 PM
I think everyone has this problem, although very few are noticing it. You'll only see it when you're looking at him from the left or when it's coming through his bag, but at first I didn't really notice it either.

Dan Pen 97
11-11-2012, 03:16 PM
I think everyone has this problem, although very few are noticing it. You'll only see it when you're looking at him from the left or when it's coming through his bag, but at first I didn't really notice it either.

Will they get this fixed or not?

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Will they get this fixed or not?

I can't tell. I know just as much as you do. It looks stupid, but honestly I would rather have them fix the Connor bugs and glitches first.

Dan Pen 97
11-11-2012, 03:24 PM
I have been on mine it is bigger then he's back now :(

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Something I think is more disturbing though is that whenever I go up to Desmond's computer to have a look at the mailbox and get too close, he'll act like he's taking cover behind that 'box'. The same thing happens with Connor when I'm approaching the door to enter the inn.

Dan Pen 97
11-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Something I think is more disturbing though is that whenever I go up to Desmond's computer to have a look at the mailbox and get too close, he'll act like he's taking cover behind that 'box'. The same thing happens with Connor when I'm approaching the door to enter the inn.

There trying to sort it out oh ? I think.

Du Marwolaeth
11-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Well, now that there is a pic of it, no once can act like it doesn't exist.

s1dragonlord
11-11-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm on the ps3 and here is a list of glitches I reported to ubisoft.
1. Troys's wood freezes system until sequence 9
2. minigames impossible to win
3.land convoy attacked and no way to save it or rescue it
other issues I haven't reported yet
1. only able to recruit 4 assassins even though the 4 i have are at assassin rank. Liberation missions are shown with a dot but no way to access them. Even talked to one recruit in a tavern but he never joined my ranks and I never evne finished the liberation mission to get him anyway.
2. could never find any trading posts after exploring the entire fronteir countless times and could never find the hunting lodge.
3. after completing all the brawler fights could never access tounatment.
4. after downloading uplay and benedict arnold I started a 2 playthorugh but am no freezing on first mission in boston.
5. after some cutscenes as well as the naval missions I return with equipment gone. I even lost my sword after one battle and had to go back to general store to re-equip it.
6. My marker I place continuosly moves to a random spot for no reason and nothing at the location it moves to.
I have talked to some that are playing on xbox and they seem to be experiencing fewer problemss than playstation. I know some of my issues are common problems and not sure about the rest but would appreciate feedback.

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 06:22 PM
1. only able to recruit 4 assassins even though the 4 i have are at assassin rank. Liberation missions are shown with a dot but no way to access them. Even talked to one recruit in a tavern but he never joined my ranks and I never evne finished the liberation mission to get him anyway.
2. could never find any trading posts after exploring the entire fronteir countless times and could never find the hunting lodge.
4. after downloading uplay and benedict arnold I started a 2 playthorugh but am no freezing on first mission in boston.
5. after some cutscenes as well as the naval missions I return with equipment gone. I even lost my sword after one battle and had to go back to general store to re-equip it.
6. My marker I place continuosly moves to a random spot for no reason and nothing at the location it moves to.
I have talked to some that are playing on xbox and they seem to be experiencing fewer problemss than playstation. I know some of my issues are common problems and not sure about the rest but would appreciate feedback.

It indeed sounds like you've got more problems than Xbox 360, or at least mine. There are two hunting lodges if I'm correct but I've only managed to find one so far. Go to the fort in the Frontier in the upper left section. Starting at it's entrance, follow the main path down and take the first left. It's a small trail. At the end of this path you'll find one.

What do you mean by trading posts? The general stores? If so, there's at least one in the Frontier. It's in the bottom left district. A small village next to the harbor master's marker.

Edit: the mini-games are indeed almost impossible to win. After 45 hours of gameplay I won my first game of Morris today.

Du Marwolaeth
11-12-2012, 05:32 AM

2/8/9. Are common across all platforms from what I've heard.
5. The trading post in the frontier are tricky. The best way I found is to go inside, buy/sell something. They always showed after that.
Other then those, PS3 sounds like a bug fest. Lol. But give them time, they'll get it fixed. I mean they're not THQ. (Thank god!)

Du Marwolaeth
11-12-2012, 05:44 AM
I'll post some pics of store locations in Boston and Frontier.
*There's 3 stores in each map.*

Black_Widow9
11-12-2012, 05:48 AM
Please make sure you do contact Support. ;)
http://support.ubisoft.com/

Du Marwolaeth
11-12-2012, 06:19 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tkxXKu866UE/UKCGBvwSjfI/AAAAAAAAAHk/HrQVLSefhkU/w732-h549-p-k/Lower%2BBoston.jpg

Lower Boston

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-6XZ96U5JRxM/UKCGcukBPyI/AAAAAAAAAIU/jtFe81sE0dc/w740-h555-p-k/Middle%2BBoston.jpg

Middle Boston

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-hvvhAXEyCdQ/UKCDh5AI8qI/AAAAAAAAAEw/SNYNhse98NA/w740-h555-p-k/Upper%2BBoston.jpg

Upper Boston

Du Marwolaeth
11-12-2012, 06:26 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-nudguBBG17M/UKCH4TTNP5I/AAAAAAAAAJA/xSpqqpp1eWM/w607-h455-p-k/Lower%2BFrontier.jpg

Lower Frontier (Monmouth)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-RjYuTNqhfPs/UKCD6mL1G8I/AAAAAAAAAFI/JFBWN20P3U4/w740-h555-p-k/M.L.%2BFrontier.jpg

Middle Left side Frontier (Concord)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-CMAxBXKGTCk/UKCEBuytnyI/AAAAAAAAAFk/ChfKIBCgBwY/w740-h555-p-k/M.R.%2BFrontire.jpg

Middle Right side Frontier (Lexington)

PurpleHaze1980
11-12-2012, 06:56 AM
I've had the bug where Connor comes back from any mission and all his bait, snares, etc are gone even though he didn't use any of them. And this isn't just from the naval missions. And yes, he does have the homestead crafted pouches for all his crap. They still go missing. It's irritating to keep crafting arrows and stuff when he doesn't even get to use them half the time.

s1dragonlord
11-12-2012, 04:11 PM
I did erase my game data and started over and after reading the info provided it indicated that the taverns in the frontiers are trading posts, but I have yet to get to that point and try to trade anything there. I am having less problems now, but I am just now starting sequence 4 and I am keeping my fingers crossed.
The hunting lodge is the one that you are required to go to fullfill hunting requirements. and I will check were you mentioned when I get to that point. Thanks for the feedback.

s1dragonlord
11-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback and I here you there about THQ. I appreciate people who speak their mind so props for doing so.

Du Marwolaeth
11-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback and I here you there about THQ. I appreciate people who speak their mind so props for doing so.

Lol, thanks. We need more who speak out.

WiriestScroll3
11-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Bugs/glitches happens when people make game too short time. This game need huge fixing, more entertaiment. Example free-roam sailing, more side missions, assasnation tombs, lairs of romulus, more assasnation contracts, recruits look more like assassins etc.

Bronco_empire
11-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Has anyone else had the problem of the game not responding to keyboard input in the trading store menu? I have this issue and the only way I can exit the game is to start task manager and close it from there.