PDA

View Full Version : [spoilers] More than one playable protagonist for the next AC?

AllThatJuice
11-10-2012, 04:55 AM
I'm not sure how many of you guys are fans of GTA, but for GTA 5 its been announced that there will be 3 playable characters. Though Im pretty sure Ubisoft wont go with this route, I do however think that it could be pretty cool. Though you could argue that we had two playable protagonists in AC3 and Revelations, Im talking about a story in which you spend equal time with each character and can switch between them at will.

At least if they went with this route we could have a male and female protagonist (win win for everyone).

MRNMRSPACER
11-10-2012, 04:59 AM
idk how that would work in a AC Game...i mean..they did have sorta that in 3 with first 3 or 4 sequences....but.....idk if they could really do it like GTA5

Jexx21
11-10-2012, 05:09 AM
See Liberation for the Vita.

Label a game like that as an Abstergo Entertainment product and you're good to go.

zhengyingli
11-10-2012, 05:09 AM
In an interview with Corey May, they actually talked about this very subject. Eternal Darkness was brought up. Cost seems to be the top issue.

Omegabahamutze
11-10-2012, 05:39 AM
Wait where did you read this info about multiple playable characters in GTA V?

LoyalACFan
11-10-2012, 05:42 AM
The Animus would be quite constricting for this type of thing, because more than one protagonist would have to mean more than one direct ancestor, which would in turn mean that you would have to play through all of them sequentially (i.e. first the father, then the son, then the grandson) rather than swapping back and forth between characters like I'm assuming Grand Theft Auto will. I suppose they could use three completely different ancestors from vastly different settings, but then I'm afraid each setting wouldn't get enough attention to detail and wouldn't feel fully alive.

I dunno, to make a long story short, I'd rather stick to one playable character for now.

TrueAssassin77
11-10-2012, 06:17 AM
i perosnally hope not. i think haythem ruined the 1st 3-5 hrs of the game. time that could have been coded for better more important stuff. just my opinion

Omegabahamutze
11-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Or they could of just made a Haythem game before he came to where he's at & have it end like sequence 4 or 5 did iirc. Would of been interesting to say the least.

TrueAssassin77
11-10-2012, 06:28 AM
Or they could of just made a Haythem game before he came to where he's at & have it end like sequence 4 or 5 did iirc. Would of been interesting to say the least.
they should have devoted the game soley to connor and made a short film about haythem... thats what they did with ezios dad....

LilyasAvalon
11-10-2012, 11:31 AM
they should have devoted the game soley to connor and made a short film about haythem... thats what they did with ezios dad....

Yeah, and then everyone complained that Ezio's dad didn't get his own game.

I personally loved Haytham and how it was never revealed until the game came out though, so maybe I'm being bias.

Blind2Society
11-10-2012, 11:49 AM
I loved the multiple campaigns in RE6 but I don't know about AC (haven't given it much thought).

kuled2012
11-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Although this is a good idea, we'd then have threads saying 'ubisoft copying rockstar!!!!!'

dewgel
11-10-2012, 01:36 PM

I personally loved Haytham and how it was never revealed until the game came out though, so maybe I'm being bias.

This.

Besides, the Haytham playable sequences were done perfectly. It was an amazing twist, and the real reason for us playing him was so we recruited William Johnson and the others as our friends, which made us feel close to them.

Then, as Connor, we hunt these people. In essence, you're hunting the people you grew attached to at the start of the game.

It was great, I wouldn't have followed or felt the story was as compelling if I hadn't of played Haytham at the beginning. And his twist too.. oh that was awesome.

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 04:47 PM

Back to my usual statement - the AC fan base is divided & split on most everything, so no matter what avenue Ubi goes down, people are happy or bitter.

To the OP, I think 3 characters is too much for the depth of AC games.... quality of character set up would probably suffer along the line
Other games that may provide this feature are most likely not as story intensive either - - and possibly less graphically detailed as AC.
I think it would be too much and not sure fans would appreciate it.
At best, maybe they could make 2-3 other strong characters that you may play 1 mission/story as that's significant to either AC's plot/story or what makes them who they are in the game. but they'e have to be strong, likable/interesting characters. Yusuf would be a good candidate to play a mission or 2 as.
Like the fight that ensued at Sophia's in ACR while Ezio was on a mission (won't give up spoiler to what happened].

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 04:50 PM
This.

Besides, the Haytham playable sequences were done perfectly. It was an amazing twist, and the real reason for us playing him was so we recruited William Johnson and the others as our friends, which made us feel close to them.

Then, as Connor, we hunt these people. In essence, you're hunting the people you grew attached to at the start of the game.

It was great, I wouldn't have followed or felt the story was as compelling if I hadn't of played Haytham at the beginning. And his twist too.. oh that was awesome.

Exactly! Which is why I felt the story was so good and pulled me in. They did a fantastic job w/ story & we got to see different points of view this way.