PDA

View Full Version : How come The Animus...

Neon-NFO
11-10-2012, 12:18 AM
..doesn't translate the language of Native Americans to English? I appreciate that they're trying to make it authentic, but it makes little sense, since the Animus should translate all of it to English, just like in previous games.

LightRey
11-10-2012, 12:20 AM
no it couldn't. It couldn't translate French or German properly (if at all) in ACB. It has to be coded in by Rebecca.

JCearlyyears
11-10-2012, 12:34 AM
I'm not sure. It does translate to English subtitles, it just doesn't take the next step to put the words into sound, unless that's what you meant, Rey.

LightRey
11-10-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm not sure. It does translate to English subtitles, it just doesn't take the next step to put the words into sound, unless that's what you meant, Rey.
I think that was obvious. :P
The point is that the translation software (at least when it comes to speech, as the subtitles have always done their job perfectly since ACII) is "buggy", as Rebecca puts it.

De Filosoof
11-10-2012, 01:27 AM
I think that was obvious. :P
The point is that the translation software (at least when it comes to speech, as the subtitles have always done their job perfectly since ACII) is "buggy", as Rebecca puts it.

Yeah, but this has nothing to do with the animus or Rebecca or anything.

Like the OP stated, it's just because it's cool and authentic. It isn't explainable.

It's just like going back to Ezio's memories after completing ACR.
It didn't make sense storywise, but it would suck if you couldn't play as Ezio anymore after the story ended.

MT4K
11-10-2012, 01:31 AM
I'm glad they didn't pass up the opportunity to share the native language with a huge audience of people. It's not exactly a very common launguage these days and i believe they had trouble actually finding people who even spoke it properly or something and went to a lot of trouble to do so.

Would have been really crappy to miss out on it due to "translation software" lol.

LightRey
11-10-2012, 01:31 AM
Yeah, but this has nothing to do with the animus or Rebecca or anything.

Like the OP stated, it's just because it's cool and authentic. It isn't explainable.

It's just like going back to Ezio's memories after completing ACR.
It didn't make sense storywise, but it would suck if you couldn't play as Ezio anymore after the story ended.
Eh, yes it has everything to do with the animus. It's their excuse for the authenticity.

De Filosoof
11-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Eh, yes it has everything to do with the animus. It's their excuse for the authenticity.

Stated where?

LightRey
11-10-2012, 02:02 AM
Stated where?
I'm assuming this based on the lack of reason behind it if not the case. Either way, it's significant as it is the story-reason for it.